Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:29 pm

When I booked at FF rate at Brussel's Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, they emailed to ask for the employee's name and email. I gave them my friend's name and location but said she has no email since she is not an executive.
When I checked in, there was no question. Nice stay, great location.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:39 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
wow! london room available

plaza westminister tomorrow (5th sept) 1st one ive seen in a while
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by flipper118
plaza westminister tomorrow (5th sept) 1st one ive seen in a while
ahah seems a last minute offer!
anyway LON and PAR confirm their difficulties to find a consecutive 2 night stay promo F&F.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:33 am

Radisson Blu Helsinki Seaside

Stayed one night with that rate in Helsinki Seaside property and had no questions during check-in, although I had the details of a freind working in Radisson Blu. No upgrade despite CC Gold, but I got late check-out after request.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Dubai Properties Blocked ?

Hi There,

Looks like many Dubai Radisson properties are blocked from
October to March for F&F rates..

F.A.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by flyalways
Hi There,

Looks like many Dubai Radisson properties are blocked from
October to March for F&F rates..

F.A.
yes they're.
Is rare to find a F&F rate during the high season period in DXB (Nov.-Mar.).
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold, Hyatt & Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
yes they're.

That would explain why it wasn't working. It's a shame. Hotels seem to be exy in DXB in November!!

http://www.silkisblue.blogspot.com
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by dzinh
That would explain why it wasn't working. It's a shame. Hotels seem to be exy in DXB in November!!

http://www.silkisblue.blogspot.com
last year there was good availab. then i booked some rooms. But this year there's no availab. until next year. Damn.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: A3*G, OW Sapphire, IHG Diamond Amb
Stayed twice (two separate one night stays) in Radisson Blu Basel. Early check-in was granted for my first night and I received an upgrade on my second night. No questions asked.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold, Hyatt & Hilton Diamond.
last year there was good availab. then i booked some rooms. But this year there's no availab. until next year. Damn.
I guess my luck runs out when I try to book with this rate! Never seems to be any availability when I need it.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Sep 9, 2013 at 5:10 am Reason: links to self-interests must be in the signature area, not the body of the message
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Dubai..

yes they're.
It has been available 2-3 years in a row in March. No issues. This year looks like they have changed the strategy. Would they open it up if general occupancy goes down ? Just curious...

F.A.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by flyalways
It has been available 2-3 years in a row in March. No issues. This year looks like they have changed the strategy. Would they open it up if general occupancy goes down ? Just curious...

F.A.
that's my impression too.
Last year i've booked several nights during high season period (80€ instead 624€ for instance!), so when i checked-in, they were a little bit confused about my rate!
So, considering this, now I've seen that these hotels don't have a lot of F&F availab. anymore...
Maybe just a case.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:10 am

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
Seems dubai and london (and NYC for that matter) are off the cards for this deal.

Anyone seen any really good discounts compared to retail rates? work for an airline so can go pretty much anywhere.

Cheers
Old Sep 7, 2013, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by flipper118
Seems dubai and london (and NYC for that matter) are off the cards for this deal.

Anyone seen any really good discounts compared to retail rates? work for an airline so can go pretty much anywhere.

Cheers
As told before, last year DXB had good availability , also in the high season. Now seems that LON/NYC/DXB have reduced the availability to the minimum.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: HH Silver
I am still waiting and hoping SJU Radisson will open up dates for next year. Right now they have most all dates up to and including NYE, but nothing for next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.