Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Where in Zurich did you use the F/F rate? I'm using it for the first time in a couple weeks at the Radisson at the Zurich airport. Assuming that's where you stayed, did you have any issues? Did they ask for the employee name and location?
At the Zurich Airport Hotel they always ask you for the Rezidor employee name and working location at checkin. They don't validate the data.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Radisson Suites, Liverpool Street, Sydney. No questions at check in, upgraded from Studio to 2 bedroom apt. Carlson Gold. Great deal for Sydney.
Old May 28, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Re: F&F Rate Ending?

I just tried to book a Friends and Family rate early in 2017. It looks like it is available until the end of 2016 - perhaps ending contemporaneous with the closing of the sale to HNA Tourism.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Exclusively for Family & Friends

Vacations. Family reunions. A well-deserved weekend getaway to recharge. It's time for a break!

Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group invites all employees, affiliates, partners, franchisees, family and friends of the entire Carlson organization including Carlson Wagonlit Travel and Carlson Hotels to enjoy special savings at our hotels around the world.

Book today and save off your next stay at participating Radisson Blu®, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSMand Park Inn by Radisson hotels using the Carlson Family & Friends rate through December 2016.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Just managed to book Radison Blu Hotel Madrid Prado and Radisson Blu Zurich Airport for Labor Day Weekend Trip. $90USD including VAT & Breakfast - works for us! Was going to do SPG Cash + Points at Westin Palace in Madrid but figured save the SPG's for another trip.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jet777Boy
I have checked in today at a Radisson today in Denmark and they did ask for an email from the employee to confirm our friendship. Obviously the email has to come from a corporate email...

Until then, I am on the Rack Rate (ouch!).

I will try to fight it back tomorrow morning but it might be too late...
I am curious which hotel in Denmark this happened at, and what ever came of this? Did you end up getting F&F Rate?

I have a 3 night stay in Copenhagen (Falconer) and am not excited about them needing to email my friend. This is the first I have heard of them going to this extent... I have no problem producing my friends name, email, title, etc. I'm not will to pay rack rate for a hotel I wouldn't otherwise stay at!

Last edited by adschnei; Jun 6, 2016 at 10:31 pm
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Oh, thanks for the headsup FF lasting only till 2016, good to know for planning...
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I think it is the hotel dependent.

As I am still seeing the rate available in 2017. [unless those hotels are too slow in removing the rate?]
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
Exclusively for Family & Friends

Vacations. Family reunions. A well-deserved weekend getaway to recharge. It's time for a break!

Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group invites all employees, affiliates, partners, franchisees, family and friends of the entire Carlson organization including Carlson Wagonlit Travel and Carlson Hotels to enjoy special savings at our hotels around the world.

Book today and save off your next stay at participating Radisson Blu®, Radisson®, Park Plaza®, Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSMand Park Inn by Radisson hotels using the Carlson Family & Friends rate through December 2016.
I think that its current form is through this year... but we've seen it extended before several times. I have no inside knowledge but I don't think that this means it definitively ends the end of this year.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:46 am

Forthcoming London reservation..received email requesting my friends name, place of work and works department, without this, best available rate will apply...
I wrote back pointing out terms and conditions and ask if this was new Carlson policy.
email back to say that it was new procedure and to supply requested details.
I have friends details to provide but thought I would flag this up as it seems that Carlson are tightening up to ensure this rate is not abused...I have used this rate before and have always been asked for these details at check-in which I have provided and afterwards in discussions with friend learned that they had never been contacted...
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by bill49mpr
Forthcoming London reservation..received email requesting my friends name, place of work and works department, without this, best available rate will apply...
I wrote back pointing out terms and conditions and ask if this was new Carlson policy.
I have friends details to provide but thought I would flag this up as it seems that Carlson are tightening up to ensure this rate is not abused...I have used this rate before and have always been asked for these details at check-in which I have provided and afterwards in discussions with friend learned that they had never been contacted...
Linkedin is helpful if you dont know someone.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
I asked this question on this forum before. But I wanted to know from
any Carlson employees (on the forum) that could tell us if the details
they ask for , go into a workflow for someone to check ? There was
no answer...My hunch is that all that information goes nowhere...

Your email confirms it...F.A.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
There have been numerous instances of various properties wanting to add their own new 'terms and conditions'... to assume that this is a new corporate initiative based on one instance is probably a bit of a leap. It is merely a data point.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by adschnei
I am curious which hotel in Denmark this happened at, and what ever came of this? Did you end up getting F&F Rate?

I have a 3 night stay in Copenhagen (Falconer) and am not excited about them needing to email my friend. This is the first I have heard of them going to this extent... I have no problem producing my friends name, email, title, etc. I'm not will to pay rack rate for a hotel I wouldn't otherwise stay at!
You could be up for a bad surprise. Both Copenhagen City Center Radissons have been reported here many times as giving guest problems. I stayed in 2013 (across from Tivoli Gardens and faced several question but managed (barely) to talk through. However I am native speaker and smooth and I had planned what to say into great detail. Based on that experience and the many reports I will not try again. Falconer is not as attractive out of the way location but I am sure the hotels talk to each other.
For sure I would have a Plan B i.e a different ( cheap hotel with free cancellation) Evening or night check-ins are the worst since the Plan B may not be there. Denmark is probably the highest risk destination for this.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
At one of the Copenhagen properties a backoffice person even tried to call my friend at Radisson to get verification after furnishing the check-in agent with name and workplace of my friend. My friend was out of reach due to maternity leave so I was "extraordinarily" allowed to use the F&F rate (admittedly, it may have triggered this scrutiny that I had booked 3 rooms for several nights and the hotel was fully booked for at least one of nights).

I'm always asked for name and work place at the Copenhagen properties (and often asked to write it down on a piece of paper at check-in). Occasionally, I will also be reminded that next time the email-adr. of my friend needs to be in the reservation (rather than my own); whenever I hear this I just nod (and laugh inside).

Last edited by SK AAR; Jun 18, 2016 at 12:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.