Wiki Posts
Search

Flight prices to BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2009, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Flight prices to BKK?

Hello!

Going to Hong Kong and Thailand for christmas and new year. Arriving into HKG with BA 22/12. Looking for a trip to BKK departing 23-25/12 and return 6-8/1

My question is, what should I expect in prices, and when to book? Two months ago I found fares of like 1500HKD with Ethiopian, but did not book. Now only Air Asia is about that amount.

I'd like to fly Emirates (they usually have prices of about 1500HKD), but currently it is very expensive.

I am also open to suggestions about alternative routings instead of direct flights.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 8:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Talking

Originally Posted by kr3m
Hello!

Going to Hong Kong and Thailand for christmas and new year. Arriving into HKG with BA 22/12. Looking for a trip to BKK departing 23-25/12 and return 6-8/1

My question is, what should I expect in prices, and when to book? Two months ago I found fares of like 1500HKD with Ethiopian, but did not book. Now only Air Asia is about that amount.

I'd like to fly Emirates (they usually have prices of about 1500HKD), but currently it is very expensive.

I am also open to suggestions about alternative routings instead of direct flights.

Well pity that you miss the lowest price. The super low price are long gone and Bangkok has always been popular destination of HK (or HK based carrier, CX which they operate a mini-hub there like TPE)

1. Because you stay at Bangkok for that long, you skip all the deep discount ticket.
2. You hit Thai at the common peak season on Earth ... let alone HK
HK outbound peak seasons are
2.1 New Year
2.2 Chinese New Year
2.3 Easter Holiday
2.4 Summer Holiday
2.5 Xmas
and other 1 day holiday and their attached weekday

Depends on your need, some package from CXholiday.com may fit your need, see http://www.cxholidays.com/chl/r/package/CS9BKK01HKG, note you need to pay surcharge to extend ticket validity and peak season surcharge

The following airline flies to HKG BKK vv

CI - China Airlines
CX - Cathay Pacific
FD - Thai AirAsia
TG - Thai Airways
PG - Bangkok Airways
PK - Pakistan Int'l Airlines
UL - SriLankan Airlines
EK - Emirates Airline
OX - ORIENT THAI
KQ - Kenya Airways

Good luck ticket hunting!^
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:45 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
www.tiglion.com is a really useful site for
checking prices out of Hong Kong.
You will find plenty of fares under netfare
finder.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 7:00 am

Air Asia is a discount airline. Check their terms and conditions before purchasing, including checked and cabin baggage limits, etc.

Also check the business class fare, sometimes you'll find that it is only marginally more expensive (and can also be cheaper) than economy. A few months ago, I bought a business class ticket with CI from HKG to BKK cheaper than the economy fare at CX.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the information!

Ended up booking Air Asia from Macau - about 900HKD r/t.. Got lucky I guess.

Please tell me if that will cause me any problems. TurboJet is 1hr from HKG so I should be fine
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by kr3m
Thanks for the information!

Ended up booking Air Asia from Macau - about 900HKD r/t.. Got lucky I guess.

Please tell me if that will cause me any problems. TurboJet is 1hr from HKG so I should be fine
Follow directions for "sea to air transfer" at this link:

http://www.turbojet.com.hk/eng/upstream/hongkong.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.