Question regarding HKIA China Ferry connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum

Hi,

I was hoping I might be able to get some advice on connecting with the airside ferry to China( Zhuhai) at Hong Kong airport.

I am arriving on a flight from Bangkok on TG at 11.45am on a Sunday, hand luggage only, and travelling in C so will be off the plane quickly, and am trying to catch the 12.15 ferry to Zhuhai. My question is whether this is realistic?

The website says i have to be at the ferry terminal a min of 30 mins before departure but is this is strict deadline? I have no problem in doing a bit of running if this will help!

Second question, if I miss the 12.15, the next ferry is not till 2.15, what are the transit facilities available, and will i be allowed into the departure area (i assume not as I wont have a BP).

Any advice appreciated

thanks
Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Not really a strict deadline but unless you are a holder of the HKIA frequent visitor card there is no way you can clear the customs and get to the ferry terminal in 30 mins. And I don't think they will sell you the tix if you're so late.

For your 2nd question I can't help you as I have never needed to wait so long for the ferry before. But I guess you could make use of the airport's transit facilities.

Last edited by kitsura; Sep 29, 2009 at 5:05 pm
Old Sep 29, 2009, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kitsura
Not really a strict deadline but unless you are a holder of the HKIA frequent visitor card there is no way you can clear the customs and get to the ferry terminal in 30 mins. And I don't think they will sell you the tix if you're so late.

For your 2nd question I can't help you as I have never needed to wait so long for the ferry before. But I guess you could make use of the airport's transit facilities.
Thanks Kitsura,

My understanding was that the ferry terminal is airside, i.e. no need to clear immigration/ customs in Hong Kong? Is this not correct?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
You know, you're right. I forgot that you do not need to clear immigrations and in fact if you have checked-in baggage they will transfer it to the ferry for you.

Would like to help you more but unfortunately even though I've been in and out of HKIA more than 50 times the number of times I've taken the ferry can be counted on 1 hand.

Maybe you want to consider taking a coach or the skylimo service (MPV not really a limousine) to Zhuhai instead of waiting for the next ferry. In fact that's how I usually travel to Shenzhen since it is the fastest and most comfortable way to get in and out of China.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.