Search

Hong Kong Airport Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:09 am
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Take the ferry over to Macau. You can go to a spa and sleep there for
close to free. Then take the ferry from Macau directly back to HKIA.
Originally Posted by ijgordon
With all due respect that's absolutely horrible advice.
With all due respect, its a common misconception of westerners that the
words "asian massage" connote illicit activity. That's far from the truth.

Grand Waldo Spa

Open 24 hours
Spa guests get access for 12-hours to the six-storey spa Grand Waldo Spa. Included in the entry fee are free movie screenings, a ½ hour massage, all-you-can eat buffet, swimming pool, aromatherapy massage pool, Jacuzzi, playground, free use of the internet centre and a large fitness centre, which has an extensive range of cardio and weight equipment.

There are even separate male and female Japanese style private sleeping capsules with adjustable lights and shutters, where you can grab some shut-eye.

Cost 188MOP = 24USD

http://www.macau.com/index.php?optio...dateDesc&id=10

Doesn't sound too horrible to me.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
You have plenty of time and HK transport is good, so what's wrong with staying in Kowloon somewhere. Suggest PL a room at the Eaton for about 70 USD
Old Jan 24, 2009, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I ditto the kowloon suggestion - doesnt the train in the terminal go right to kowloon in 10 minutes?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
PS> I am a fan of the Novotel
Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by Chrispy303
I ditto the kowloon suggestion - doesnt the train in the terminal go right to kowloon in 10 minutes?
20 minutes actually. But also a slightly awkward location in Kowloon, so you'd have a long walk or a taxi ride to get to nearly all the hotels.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:58 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
While I respect the people whose various opinions have already been expressed I tend to travel in rather more budget mode than most of them

Silvermine Beach is a HKD150 taxi fare over the Lantau hills., though waiting for the blue-taxi is sometimes frustrating. It is a 3-star and I would not recommend it if you have serious luggage (it is 100m from the taxi drop-off to the lobby) OTOH the rooms have been clean - breakfast is included in the mostly cheapish internet prices. And in the morning if you are really pinching pennies the bus is very cheap. But then I put a preference on avoiding the crowds downtown. Certainly easier to get than North Point on HK Island.

OTOH the Novotel Citigate should be available for well under $US200 - a random choice in March at the accorhotel web site showed a double just under $1200HK. Taxi/shuttle is reasonable and again the bus is available in the morning.

If you are traveling seriously light, stay at the Silvermine Beach, take the bus in the morning to the Big Buddha and the cable car down to the main bus terminal (nearish the Citigate).

But no one has ever claimed I am conventional....... and I wander too much

Fred
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by thursday
If I was you, I'd stay at the Novotel at Citygate.
Others have suggested to consider Kowloon, which isn't fair or too time consuming. I second the suggestion - having tried Novotel at Citygate, wouldn't return again....especially if you have more than a carry on bag.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
There no difference whether it's Kowloon or Hong Kong, really. Takes only 3 more minutes and HK$10 to get to the Hong Kong stop, and there are fairly inexpensive hotels in Sheung Wan, Western District or Wan Chai, all a short taxi ride.

Like others have said, you'll need to take a taxi from the Kowloon station to any of the hotels anyways (except the new W, which will cost more than $250).
Old Jan 25, 2009, 4:01 am

By the way have you chcked out the new Marriott Sky City? We got a very good rate for our stop over stay in March......
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:42 am

budget hotel in hk

my wife and i stayed at regal kowloon hotel last jan 16-18 got it at wotif.com for 650hkd each night approx 83usd. includes rountrip transfers to hotel for 2 people (cost approx 130hkd each person each way) scheduled 1-1.5 hrs apart approx 40 mins to hotel. hotel is 4stars on east tsimshatsui . advertised at wotif.com as a secret hotel "best deal in tsimshatsui" 28 sqm rm etc. etc. incidentally regal kowloon is also offerred at higher price with the same description. lowest price starts at 600hkd all in depending on date. better option than 3 star hotel + public transport. but pls. verify shuttle service we got the 11pm shuttle to hotel not sure if its the last one but i think you can request airport pickup since shuttle waits/loads at regal airport. they have concierge service at arrival area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.