Hong Kong Airport Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong Airport Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1 k ;Hertz Gold; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Priority Club Gold; BMI Silver
Hong Kong Airport Hotel

I am scheduled to arrive at 11:30 pm and depart at 12:05 pm from Hong Kong. Does any know of a reasonable hotel close to the airport. I dont' want to pay $250 for 12 hours maximim. The truth is I will be lucky to get 10 hours after I collect my luggage. The regal looks good but it is $250. The Silver mine beach hotel is cheaper but I am leary given some reviews- any one with any personal experience with that hotel? I am open to suggestions all i want is a clean room and a shower.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
At $250 I don't consider this Budget Travel

With that in mind, I'm moving this to Hong Kong forum. Plus, you'll probably get more answers.

Don't remember how late the buses run (pretty sure the one I took was around midnight), but for a few bucks I'd take the one to Kowloon where the hotels are a whole lot cheaper.

EmailKid
Budget Travel Moderator
Old Jan 19, 2009, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1 k ;Hertz Gold; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Priority Club Gold; BMI Silver
hong kong

Mod

I think you should read my post more carefully! I said I wanted a cheaper hotel- I don't want to pay $250 a night. I am looking for budget travel. Thanks.

JIM
Old Jan 19, 2009, 4:56 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Take the ferry over to Macau. You can go to a spa and sleep there for
close to free. Then take the ferry from Macau directly back to HKIA.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Silvermine Bay is not an option - it's a long bus/taxi ride over the mountains.

Go to a hotel in the city. Doesn't take that long to get out there.

And check the rates at the Novotel Citygate.

There are no budget hotels near the airport.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:25 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Jimster
I said I wanted a cheaper hotel- I don't want to pay $250 a night. I am looking for budget travel.
No worries Jimster, got it the first time.

And that is precisely why I moved the thread to the Hong Kong forum.

Originally Posted by rkkwan
There are no budget hotels near the airport.
rkkwan, a very knowledgeable respected poster on the CO board (and probably here as well, though don't visit here quite as often) confirmed my suspicion that you will not have any options near the airport itself. And we have Hong Kong experts here who are more likely to offer suggestions - Budget Travelers still see the heading in Budget Forum and can click on the link and come here directly and offer suggestions as well.

Oh, and FWIW, yes, I did stay a night at the Chung King Mansion And no, would not recommend it.

EmailKid

Edit to add: I did change the title of your query in Budget Travel by adding Request at the end to better reflect your quest. Not a mod here, so it wasn't changed here. EMK

Last edited by EmailKid; Jan 19, 2009 at 5:36 pm Reason: Added note about title change in BT where originally posted
Old Jan 19, 2009, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forgot to add the other options - that's the two hotels inside Disneyland HK. You can get there by taxi from airport. The cheaper Hollywood hotel has rates from about HK$1,320, which is under US$200. Still not cheap, but may be an option.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 7:32 pm

Programs: MPC
If I was you, I'd stay at the Novotel at Citygate.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Take the ferry over to Macau. You can go to a spa and sleep there for
close to free. Then take the ferry from Macau directly back to HKIA.
With all due respect that's absolutely horrible advice.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Because the OP may opt for all the "optional" services and end up spending more than the $250?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I think he may be taking the piss but there is truth in what he says.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Hotel

Ok now i am really confused LOL I have been to Hong Kong and Maccau before. It seems to me I would be wasting alot of time getting to Maccau. If i leave from the pier in HKG central it takes an hour each way. Maybe there is a shortcut but i am unaware of it. Along with money, the other issue is time. I only have 12 hours max and undoubtedly less because I have to catch an international flight home and therefore must be at the airpot at least 2 of those hours in advance. I know I can check in at HKG central but that still means it is taking away a good deal of time.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haha... The reason Macau was mentioned is because its many brothels - er, I mean saunas - have sleeping areas with recliners. And they are open 24 hours. So, that's one option to find a place to sleep for not too much money, along as you don't go for a "massage".
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by Jimster
I have to catch an international flight home and therefore must be at the airpot at least 2 of those hours in advance.
Why? Check-in at the airport closes 40 minutes before the flight for most airlines. In-town check-in closes 90 minutes before the flight. You absolutely do not need to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 11:39 pm

so, plenty of time for a massage that puts a lasting smile on your face then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.