Wiki Posts
Search

Superbowl viewing spots?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Superbowl viewing spots?

I'll be in HK on Super Monday and I'd like to join some fellow fans for a few breakfast beers and the game. I'm staying in Kowloon, but I can commute. Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I'm sure there will be some places on Kowloon side, but the only ones I know for certain are on HK side: Bulldogs in Lan Kwai Fong (a non-smoking pub) and Dan Ryan's (a "Chicago-style" restaurant and bar) in Pacific Place.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks, this is great. BTW, both have Kowloon locations.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Yes, I knew that, but I didn't notice that DanRyan's does say that the Superbowl will also be on in Ocean Terminal. I am 80% sure that the Superbowl won't be on at Bulldog's Kowloon (or Wanchai), but the numbers are on the website so you could call to check.

The Foreign Correspondents' Club also has a Superbowl buffet breakfast event. I'm not sure whether this is one of the events that is open to non-members - I guess you could call to find out.

Last edited by christep; Jan 27, 2009 at 5:52 pm
Old Jan 27, 2009, 5:46 pm

The American Club used to host a breakfast party - at least back in the mid/late 80's. If you have a friend who's a member, it's worth considering.

And of course many of the hotel bars at that time of day should have it turned on.....
Old Jan 27, 2009, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

I'm staying at the Sheraton, so Ocean Terminal looks like the spot for me. Thanks to all.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:57 pm

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
I think the White Stag in Wanchai will also show it as will some bars in LKF (or so they say)
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:20 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by christep
I'm sure there will be some places on Kowloon side, but the only ones I know for certain are on HK side: Bulldogs in Lan Kwai Fong (a non-smoking pub) and Dan Ryan's (a "Chicago-style" restaurant and bar) in Pacific Place.
Both Bulldogs restaurants (LKF and TST) are owned by a friend and rather popular with the rugby and other sports crowd. Good wines and single malts also for celebrating, just ask...
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:28 am

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
I know I've been to all three (TST, LKF and Wanchai) and all three were pleasant venues.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:43 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by Jamoldo
I know I've been to all three (TST, LKF and Wanchai) and all three were pleasant venues.
Yes, of course there are three in total. The owner is a big sports fan himself and enjoys his own venues so it´s not just for profit.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:52 am
Suspended

If you guys are talking about Paul B, then he isn't actively involved with Bulldog's any more I'm afraid. There have been some fallings out.

Bulldog's Wanchai is probably about to close down - they are struggling desperately through having lost their smoking exemption (and not being on the ground floor). Beer is now $10-15 a bottle 4pm to midnight every day except Saturday.

Bulldog's LKF, on the other hand seems to be doing very well, not least thanks to Matt the manager and his Tuesday night quiz nights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.