Search

Flatsharing?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2008, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G / LH
Flatsharing?

Hi FT,

I figured i might be able to get some help here.
I'm about to head over to Hong Kong for 6months to study at HKU,
It's a daunting task trying to find a place to live or share.

So this is why i decided to post here.

Any FT's have a spare room? Investment apartment or maybe know somebody that does?

I'm a German living in Australia. Very international, outgoing and well behaved. Mileage runs or spontaneous trips are always possible.

If anybody knows anyone or is seeking for someone to share with, let me know.

In advance any help would be great :-)
As Hong Kong is big, I'm hoping to find something close to UNI.

Cheers FT!
Old Oct 31, 2008, 7:43 am

Try craigslist - my son was in similar situation several years back.

If you're enrolling in city u of hk (not sure if same as HKU), try this place; my son stayed there for 6 months before he moved into apt and it's 10 minutes to city u:

http://hotel.ywca.org.hk/eng/YWCALod...e_location.htm

Very nice and safe location.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G / LH
thanks for the prompt reply..

I've been going through craigslist, geoexpat, asiaxpat and gumtree and it's very hard to find anything concrete/matching.. A very daunting task indeed when all you're trying to do is let everyone know you're a good person looking for other like minded people :-)

Hope FT has a better solution
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, IC RA, FPC Plat.
You've already mentioned the main places to get flatshare opportunies (asiaxpat, geoxpat)

You can also try:

HK Magazine, the online version doesn't list as much as the physical copy http://www.hk-magazine.com

SCMP (South China Morning Post) also has some listed. You will need to be in HK to take a look.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 1:15 am

suggest you have a look at the classifieds in Geoexpat and Asiaexpat. Both have property sections.

Craigslist isn't that popular in HK.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier, SWA Rapid Rewards, Alaska Air Mileage Plan, AAdvantage, CX Marco Polo
City University and HKU are in different locations

Originally Posted by dtsm
Try craigslist - my son was in similar situation several years back.

If you're enrolling in city u of hk (not sure if same as HKU), try this place; my son stayed there for 6 months before he moved into apt and it's 10 minutes to city u:

http://hotel.ywca.org.hk/eng/YWCALod...e_location.htm

Very nice and safe location.
City University is located in Yau Yat Chuen/Kowloon Tong.. It's adjacent to the Kowloon Tong MTR station and next to a large shopping mall, Festival Walk. Relatively low rise area.

HKU is on Hong Kong Island, in the Western Mid-Levels area. So you probably want to find something on HK Island. Something around Mid-Levels or Pokfulam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.