luxury food recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

luxury food recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Fliar
I ended up eating at Felix one night (had booked for Gaddi's but my dinner partner cancelled and I have to admit I found the prices at Gaddi's very steep, so missed out on that). Felix: great decor, food acceptable, certainly not spectacular.

I went to Man Wah the following day and had quite a pleasant meal. Service was good (in a Chinese sort of way, certainly not on par with a top, say, French restaurant, although they did their best). Cocktails sounded better on the menu than they tasted. The decor is a bit Chinese-stuffy to my taste, although it's a lighter version of the traditional scheme. Most importantly, the food - it was good, although none of the dishes (save perhaps for the beef brisket and tofu, the first dish) were really exceptional. Perhaps Chinese restaurant dining is just not for me. I had the same feeling after eating at Yan Toh Heen. Nonetheless, it was a nice experience.
It's too bad you missed out on Gaddi's. It is very expensive but well worth it for the experience. Felix, on the other hand, is overpriced in my opinion. The atmosphere and views are stunning, but the food can't match the decor; it's still better than average in my experience, but lacks a certain wow factor.

Also very surprised to read that you weren't particularly impressed by Man Wah or Yan Toh Heen.

Last edited by Five Star Traveller; Jul 5, 2008 at 3:39 pm
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Korean Guy
Didn't try their Dim Sum lunch, but their dinner was quite disappointing. I mean it wasn't too bad, but molecular cuisine is so wide spread now, and their dishes did not impress me at all. My be I expected too much.
Bump. Any further opinions on the Kee Club for dinner? A colleague was raving about the chef, who I believe is ex-El Bulli and the Fat Duck. Does this mean the food is overpriced and experimental to the point of being laughable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.