Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

The Langham Hotel vs Langham Place Hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

The Langham Hotel vs Langham Place Hotel? Anybody know if one is better than the other? They both seem to be on the Kowloon side, and both seem to be excellent hotels. It is hard to tell if one is better than the other with regards to the area in which they're located, views, and proximity to the subways. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
The Langham Hotel vs Langham Place Hotel? Anybody know if one is better than the other? They both seem to be on the Kowloon side, and both seem to be excellent hotels. It is hard to tell if one is better than the other with regards to the area in which they're located, views, and proximity to the subways. Thanks for any suggestions.
Langham is in Tsim Sha Tsui. Lots of tourists - mainly from Mainland China now, lots of luxury good shops, and high-end restaurants. Langham Place is in Mong Kok - very local, lots of low-end stuff, Ladies' Market, and so on. Very crowded streets around. So, quite different in feel.

Views:

Langham has no view, period. Langham Place has views of the city and the harbour in a distance.

Proximity to Subway:

Both fairly close to Subway. Langham Place is connected directly to Mong Kok station, though you still have to go through the mall first. Langham is theoretically next to one of the tunnels that connect to the subway system, but in reality, it's faster and shorter to walk on the street for a couple of short blocks to get to Tsim Sha Tsui station. Mong Kok is 3 stops from Tsim Sha Tsui, so if you're coming from Central, it's about 6 minutes further. Both stops extremely crowded.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:58 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
LP is great if you book a suite, otherwise half the hotel has rooms that are high tech but very small. There is also a Chuan residence floor (40th) which is quite expensive (double the cost of the rest of the hotel) but I prefer it over the Peninsula. Langham is an older and more conventional hotel but also the flagship of the Langham chain so you won't go wrong with either hotel. But the LP in Mong Kok is my favourite, interesting area and location (a bit like Times Square).
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks.

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Langham is in Tsim Sha Tsui. Lots of tourists - mainly from Mainland China now, lots of luxury good shops, and high-end restaurants. Langham Place is in Mong Kok - very local, lots of low-end stuff, Ladies' Market, and so on. Very crowded streets around. So, quite different in feel.

Views:

Langham has no view, period. Langham Place has views of the city and the harbour in a distance.

Proximity to Subway:

Both fairly close to Subway. Langham Place is connected directly to Mong Kok station, though you still have to go through the mall first. Langham is theoretically next to one of the tunnels that connect to the subway system, but in reality, it's faster and shorter to walk on the street for a couple of short blocks to get to Tsim Sha Tsui station. Mong Kok is 3 stops from Tsim Sha Tsui, so if you're coming from Central, it's about 6 minutes further. Both stops extremely crowded.
Thank you very much. Great info.

Originally Posted by number_6
LP is great if you book a suite, otherwise half the hotel has rooms that are high tech but very small. There is also a Chuan residence floor (40th) which is quite expensive (double the cost of the rest of the hotel) but I prefer it over the Peninsula. Langham is an older and more conventional hotel but also the flagship of the Langham chain so you won't go wrong with either hotel. But the LP in Mong Kok is my favourite, interesting area and location (a bit like Times Square).
Thanks. great to know.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: QF Plat, HH Diamond
Go with Langham Place in MongKok.
Make sure you get "Club L" access.

Great view, amazing staff, good lounge and full featured fitness center like a real gym.
Longer stay prices can be negotiated with reservations via email.

I have stayed in this hotel for greater than 2 months in total.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
This is what I said about Langham Place:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20008540-post6.html

If I have the choice, I won't choose any of them. But if I am forced to choose one Langham Hotel then.

To OP, based on your "style", both do not suitable for you.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
How is the pool experience at the Langham Place. If there were any sun, would the pool catch it for more than an hour or two a day ? Does it end to be crowded ? Is there noise from street level (I know the street is a long way below, but still) ?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:55 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The pool is a strong point, one of the best in HKG. Full sun, not shadowed by nearby buildings -- an advantage being high in Mong Kok vs. the island No noise from the street. Never more than 3 or 4 guests when I've used the pool on a dozen occasions. I'd rate it one of the best hotel pools in the world, given the view and lack of crowding (of course that can easily change given the number of rooms).
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: LH SEN
The Langham Place is fantastic. Stayed in one of the lower room categories two years ago; tiny but very very high quality furniture et cetera; the entire decor and layout is fabulous. Free iPhone with data to use in the city too. Great views. Superb breakfast buffet. I loved the location too, because you're in the middle of the "real" hustle and bustle (and with direct access to the subway and adjacent mall).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.