Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton

Hotel Website: http://curiocollection3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/boulders-resort-and-spa-curio-collection-by-hilton-PHXRSQQ/index.html

http://www.theboulders.com/

Address: 34631 N. Tom Darlington Drive, Carefree, Arizona, 85377, USA
Phone: Tel: 1-480-488-9009 Fax: 1-480-488-4118

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
The GM quoted to me over the phone the portion (probably buried deep and in small print in the T&C) where benefits may not be given or an alternative benefit may be substituted. I didn't make the effort to try and find it but I'm sure Hilton legal would have something like that. The real issue is notice to the consumer.

Given there is no notice or reasonable way to expect this benefit would not exist aside from calling every hotel you stay at, I think small claims would be an option but certainly a waste of time.
Yes, the T&C do not guarantee benefits to be given and say it is at the discretion of the hotel. And I understand completely there may be some situations where a hotel simply is unable to provide breakfast so it cannot provide the published benefit. For instance those Hilton Grand Vacations in Las Vegas: no restaurant. So no breakfast for Gold and Diamond. Completely understandable. Or another for instance, let's say it is a full service property and the restaurant is under remodel or otherwise closed temporarily for some emergency situation (power outage, equipment failure, something like that) and unable to provide the benefit. Again, completely understandable.

But this situation with the Boulders which is very able to provide and is even selling breakfast daily in multiple food outlets... combined with the flat out lies being told by the GM... unacceptable.

If they don't want to provide breakfast to certain hotel loyalty program members maybe they need to reconsider their branding. They can go unbranded and not have to provide any perks to anyone.

What I find most interesting about this is that Hilton corporate allows it. Why is this, HONORS REPRESENTATIVE? Without knowing the back story on this, again, it is hard to conclude anything.
B3nder likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Agreed--these discretionary things are for notable exceptions where it CANNOT be provided otherwise program terms are meaningless.

Here are exact wordings. Most references to discretion are to HHonors, not the individual hotel, e.g.
"All interpretations of Program Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Hilton Honors."

The only place where it states hotel is here:

"A number of services and benefits ('Amenities') are available to Members of Hilton Honors. These Amenities are offered solely at the discretion of Hilton Honors and the individual hotel. Not all Amenities are provided by all hotels within the Hilton Portfolio. When payment of a resort charge is required, check individual hotel for availability of included Amenities. Should a Member be improperly denied an Amenity by Hilton Honors or a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio (provided Hilton Honors or the hotel generally offers such Amenity), liability will be limited to the equivalent value of that Amenity as determined solely by Hilton Honors."
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:05 pm

@HonorsRepresentative: we are still waiting for your clarification on how this is allowed and why this is allowed. And also what other hotels in the portfolio deny breakfast to Gold and Diamond Honors.
bbbb and B3nder like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer
@HonorsRepresentative: we are still waiting for your clarification on how this is allowed and why this is allowed. And also what other hotels in the portfolio deny breakfast to Gold and Diamond Honors.
Agreed!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by observer
Agreed!
I don't think you understand Lauren's role here. The demands for response are not appropriate. It's stuff like this that causes companies to end their participation on FT (see: UA Insider).

If you want a formal response from Hilton, write to their corporate offices.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
For people who want to check this hotel out, I'm seeing rates as low as $119 for this summer.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
For people who want to check this hotel out, I'm seeing rates as low as $119 for this summer.
I'm seeing some days under $100 with the MVP code but $30 resort fee and no breakfast makes this property unappealing.
bbbb likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Doctorslices
I'm seeing some days under $100 with the MVP code but $30 resort fee and no breakfast makes this property unappealing.
Highly recommend in the summer for a relaxing trip if you can handle the heat. And it is a little cooler up at this place than it is down in Phoenix since it is up a bit higher.

The under $100 rates are a steal even with the resort fee added in (the resort fee includes tips for the bell people and those who shuttle you around the property in golf carts, so if you are out and about from your room and use the golf cart shuttles enough, not having to tip them all the time will partially offset this fee).

As far as the breakfast goes, at least until September 1, it depends how much you want to fight...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:59 pm

Now that it is past Sept 1, can anyone report if Diamond members are getting free breakfast? Also, is there a lounge (with food/snacks) that Diamond members have access to? Thank you.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Highly recommend in the summer for a relaxing trip if you can handle the heat. And it is a little cooler up at this place than it is down in Phoenix since it is up a bit higher.

The under $100 rates are a steal even with the resort fee added in (the resort fee includes tips for the bell people and those who shuttle you around the property in golf carts, so if you are out and about from your room and use the golf cart shuttles enough, not having to tip them all the time will partially offset this fee).

As far as the breakfast goes, at least until September 1, it depends how much you want to fight...
+1
Took advantage of this in past with summer pricing. Had to work there in summer and it is HOT but I literally lived at the place for weeks at a time for work purposes. Nice golf course, spa, and pool area.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:08 pm

According to the front desk check-in person, the resort fee only covers BASIC TIPS, not expected tips. Was repeated three times with a loud emphasis on basic when they went over what the included resort fee "covered". Not sure how the check in could have been more absurd.
Used night certificates there last year and the place was pretty run down. Shower door didn't close. Floors dirty. Even the toilet paper holder was broken. Was only staying there for a room and breakfast on the way where I was at, poor choice was partly my fault.

And of course the whole breakfast fiasco, where it was confirmed over the phone before booking and also showed in the app by restaurant name under benefits. After front desk got nowhere, Hilton App complaint got a promise that the GM would follow up in the morning. Of course not followed up. Second App feedback about no promised follow-up got a call from the GM about 5 hours after I checked out. GM offered 50k points without prompting anything and I agreed. Corporate followed up with GM's agreed resolution. Hotel never actually credited the points and had to get corporate to apply them manually 4 months later.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by sharonsimon
Now that it is past Sept 1, can anyone report if Diamond members are getting free breakfast? Also, is there a lounge (with food/snacks) that Diamond members have access to? Thank you.
Stayed for a few days in late September, check-in provided a Diamond Welcome letter, 2 $15 vouchers for breakfast in the main restaurant per day of stay, and a brief discussion of diamond benefits, hope that helps.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by B3nder
According to the front desk check-in person, the resort fee only covers BASIC TIPS, not expected tips. Was repeated three times with a loud emphasis on basic when they went over what the included resort fee "covered". Not sure how the check in could have been more absurd.
Used night certificates there last year and the place was pretty run down. Shower door didn't close. Floors dirty. Even the toilet paper holder was broken. Was only staying there for a room and breakfast on the way where I was at, poor choice was partly my fault.

And of course the whole breakfast fiasco, where it was confirmed over the phone before booking and also showed in the app by restaurant name under benefits. After front desk got nowhere, Hilton App complaint got a promise that the GM would follow up in the morning. Of course not followed up. Second App feedback about no promised follow-up got a call from the GM about 5 hours after I checked out. GM offered 50k points without prompting anything and I agreed. Corporate followed up with GM's agreed resolution. Hotel never actually credited the points and had to get corporate to apply them manually 4 months later.
Sounds like a total cluster F so sorry to hear that a once nice property has fallen so far. Haven't been there in awhile and not sure I would given your experience.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Bump...anyone with younger children stay here....is this a good place for kids or a little too high on the snoot factor?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Bump...anyone with younger children stay here....is this a good place for kids or a little too high on the snoot factor?
I am wondering the same thing. Looking for a warm place to go in March with our 3-year old. Appreciate any insight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.