Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MS02113
Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton

Hotel Website: http://curiocollection3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/boulders-resort-and-spa-curio-collection-by-hilton-PHXRSQQ/index.html

http://www.theboulders.com/

Address: 34631 N. Tom Darlington Drive, Carefree, Arizona, 85377, USA
Phone: Tel: 1-480-488-9009 Fax: 1-480-488-4118

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Arrow Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AZ}

My wife and I are about ready to book a labor day weekend trip to the Boulders in AZ. I was thrilled to see it is part of Hilton now!
Anyone know what kind of treatment/amenity I can expect as a gold?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
Don't know specifically about gold benefits, other than what's typically offered by Waldorf-Astoria Collection hotels, but I would advise you not to book any pre-paid reservation as prices between now and Labor Day weekend,
when temperatures in Carefree are still in the three digits, will almost surely drop. It's not unusual to see $99-$129 per night Travelzoo specials during the summer at luxury resorts in the Scottsdale area, and, given the state of the economy, the bargains might be even better this summer.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
I searched the Hilton website and couldn't find anything on what the Gold benefits were...can someone help me out?
Right now the rate is $129/night for Thursday, but then goes up to $229/night, plus a $30/day resort fee...right now that's higher than the Four Seasons, or almost anything else out that way...we'll sit tight waiting to see if it drops!
We got engaged there in 2000 during one of their "tee box" dinners, so we'd really lie to go back if it's a good deal.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:38 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
Go to HiltonHHonors.com, click on About Hhonors, then click on Membership Levels to find Gold benefits for each of the property categories, in this case the Waldorf Astoria collection.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freebee
Go to HiltonHHonors.com, click on About Hhonors, then click on Membership Levels to find Gold benefits for each of the property categories, in this case the Waldorf Astoria collection.
Excellent! Thanks!
Old May 2, 2009, 1:21 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Anyone stay here yet? Sounds like Diamond privlidges are pretty weak here. This is a great resort though!
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
The Boulders Resort, The Waldorf Astoria Collection Trip Reports and Reviews

I just returned from a 4 nights stay at the Boulders on Sunday. We loved it. I can not report on gold and diamond treatment as I am not so I would have to say go and enjoy your visit and don't worry about it.

The units I charming and are well worth the 99 per night we paid.

watch out for snakes I almost stepped on one and broken bits of cactus that fall off you don't notice them until you step on them as my wife did. My advice is bring a pair of tweezers.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I just stayed there the night last night. I didn't get the $99/rate, but got a AAA rate of $130/night. Service is impeccable. Unfortunately that's all about this resort I can tout about. The casitas are horribly outdated seriously looking 20 years old inside. There is a measly 20 year old 26" TV in the room. The shower was absolutely a power shower, and felt like a fire hose was showering me. Apparently there is no go green initiative here. As a hilton gold that meant one free drink in the lounge. There was no complimentary conti breakfast available. I didn't like the idea I had to either walk or rely on a golf cart to get me anywhere either. All in all of course for the price I paid it was great. If this is a 4 star hotel I can't see why b/c of the dreadful rooms. If it's b/c of service, then it is so warranted.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Had a stay there about a month ago. Loved it!

Every time I called to have the cart pick us up, they were there in 5 mins or less.. Valet was great.. I paid $89/nt + $30 resort fee.

Was told by the staff this resort is due for an overhaul now that it flys the Hilton Flag.

As far as Diamond benefits, got a nice upgrade to the room, stand a lone unit. Was given a 20% off coupon for the gift shop. I wish we had free breakfast there. Oh well, food was excellent, pool was relaxing, has a Top 100 golf course (South Course).. I have always liked this place.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Anyone have any luck getting the Play For Free (golf) rate here? I checked a few random dates and they all said the rate wasn't available.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by BarryL
Had a stay there about a month ago. Loved it!

Every time I called to have the cart pick us up, they were there in 5 mins or less.. Valet was great.. I paid $89/nt + $30 resort fee.

Was told by the staff this resort is due for an overhaul now that it flys the Hilton Flag.

As far as Diamond benefits, got a nice upgrade to the room, stand a lone unit. Was given a 20% off coupon for the gift shop. I wish we had free breakfast there. Oh well, food was excellent, pool was relaxing, has a Top 100 golf course (South Course).. I have always liked this place.
How much did you have to tip the cart driver every time you got a ride?
Old Oct 31, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Any recent stays here?

How much is internet access?

Are there places nearby to eat?

It looks like the fitness center is pretty nice. Correct?
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MeLike2Travel
Any recent stays here?

How much is internet access?

Are there places nearby to eat?

It looks like the fitness center is pretty nice. Correct?
There are numerous excellent restaurants up in North Scottsdale. This one is my personal favorite:

http://www.mastrosrestaurants.com/
Old May 14, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Southwest RR, HI Priority Gold, Marriott Rewards
Boulders Resort free night

I have some free night certificates from the HH promotions, does anyone know if the Boulders Resort Arizona will accept them? If so will I have to pay the daily resort fee? Thanks for any information.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA member..., Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Club
Question Assistance request - The Boulders

We are preparing to make a one week trip to the Boulders and I was hoping to make direct contact with the GM for some assistance in advance of our arrival for 4 rooms. Will someone please PM me the information? Many thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.