Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AZ}

Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AZ}

    Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 29, 15, 3:57 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: MS02113
Wiki Link
Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton

Hotel Website: http://curiocollection3.hilton.com/e...SQQ/index.html

http://www.theboulders.com/

Address: 34631 N. Tom Darlington Drive, Carefree, Arizona, 85377, USA
Phone: Tel: 1-480-488-9009 Fax: 1-480-488-4118


Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jul 21, 18, 11:37 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Window Seat
Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Posts: 1,221
Originally Posted by tkelvin69 View Post
The GM quoted to me over the phone the portion (probably buried deep and in small print in the T&C) where benefits may not be given or an alternative benefit may be substituted. I didn't make the effort to try and find it but I'm sure Hilton legal would have something like that. The real issue is notice to the consumer.

Given there is no notice or reasonable way to expect this benefit would not exist aside from calling every hotel you stay at, I think small claims would be an option but certainly a waste of time.
Yes, the T&C do not guarantee benefits to be given and say it is at the discretion of the hotel. And I understand completely there may be some situations where a hotel simply is unable to provide breakfast so it cannot provide the published benefit. For instance those Hilton Grand Vacations in Las Vegas: no restaurant. So no breakfast for Gold and Diamond. Completely understandable. Or another for instance, let's say it is a full service property and the restaurant is under remodel or otherwise closed temporarily for some emergency situation (power outage, equipment failure, something like that) and unable to provide the benefit. Again, completely understandable.

But this situation with the Boulders which is very able to provide and is even selling breakfast daily in multiple food outlets... combined with the flat out lies being told by the GM... unacceptable.

If they don't want to provide breakfast to certain hotel loyalty program members maybe they need to reconsider their branding. They can go unbranded and not have to provide any perks to anyone.

What I find most interesting about this is that Hilton corporate allows it. Why is this, HONORS REPRESENTATIVE? Without knowing the back story on this, again, it is hard to conclude anything.
B3nder likes this.
storewanderer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 18, 1:36 pm
  #92  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Canada
Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Posts: 13,899
Agreed--these discretionary things are for notable exceptions where it CANNOT be provided otherwise program terms are meaningless.

Here are exact wordings. Most references to discretion are to HHonors, not the individual hotel, e.g.
"All interpretations of Program Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Hilton Honors."

The only place where it states hotel is here:

"A number of services and benefits ('Amenities') are available to Members of Hilton Honors. These Amenities are offered solely at the discretion of Hilton Honors and the individual hotel. Not all Amenities are provided by all hotels within the Hilton Portfolio. When payment of a resort charge is required, check individual hotel for availability of included Amenities. Should a Member be improperly denied an Amenity by Hilton Honors or a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio (provided Hilton Honors or the hotel generally offers such Amenity), liability will be limited to the equivalent value of that Amenity as determined solely by Hilton Honors."
BlondeBomber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 18, 9:05 pm
  #93  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Window Seat
Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Posts: 1,221
@HonorsRepresentative: we are still waiting for your clarification on how this is allowed and why this is allowed. And also what other hotels in the portfolio deny breakfast to Gold and Diamond Honors.
bbbb and B3nder like this.
storewanderer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 18, 10:30 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 632
Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
@HonorsRepresentative: we are still waiting for your clarification on how this is allowed and why this is allowed. And also what other hotels in the portfolio deny breakfast to Gold and Diamond Honors.
Agreed!
observer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 18, 11:02 am
  #95  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Posts: 39,068
Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
@HonorsRepresentative: we are still waiting for your clarification on how this is allowed and why this is allowed. And also what other hotels in the portfolio deny breakfast to Gold and Diamond Honors.
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Agreed!
I don't think you understand Lauren's role here. The demands for response are not appropriate. It's stuff like this that causes companies to end their participation on FT (see: UA Insider).

If you want a formal response from Hilton, write to their corporate offices.
Kacee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 18, 1:50 pm
  #96  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/FAY)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 29,048
For people who want to check this hotel out, I'm seeing rates as low as $119 for this summer.
CMK10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 18, 4:00 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
For people who want to check this hotel out, I'm seeing rates as low as $119 for this summer.
I'm seeing some days under $100 with the MVP code but $30 resort fee and no breakfast makes this property unappealing.
bbbb likes this.
Doctorslices is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 18, 2:06 am
  #98  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Window Seat
Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Posts: 1,221
Originally Posted by Doctorslices View Post
I'm seeing some days under $100 with the MVP code but $30 resort fee and no breakfast makes this property unappealing.
Highly recommend in the summer for a relaxing trip if you can handle the heat. And it is a little cooler up at this place than it is down in Phoenix since it is up a bit higher.

The under $100 rates are a steal even with the resort fee added in (the resort fee includes tips for the bell people and those who shuttle you around the property in golf carts, so if you are out and about from your room and use the golf cart shuttles enough, not having to tip them all the time will partially offset this fee).

As far as the breakfast goes, at least until September 1, it depends how much you want to fight...
storewanderer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 18, 3:59 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 225
Now that it is past Sept 1, can anyone report if Diamond members are getting free breakfast? Also, is there a lounge (with food/snacks) that Diamond members have access to? Thank you.
sharonsimon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 18, 4:23 pm
  #100  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA GS, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Posts: 1,649
Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
Highly recommend in the summer for a relaxing trip if you can handle the heat. And it is a little cooler up at this place than it is down in Phoenix since it is up a bit higher.

The under $100 rates are a steal even with the resort fee added in (the resort fee includes tips for the bell people and those who shuttle you around the property in golf carts, so if you are out and about from your room and use the golf cart shuttles enough, not having to tip them all the time will partially offset this fee).

As far as the breakfast goes, at least until September 1, it depends how much you want to fight...
+1
Took advantage of this in past with summer pricing. Had to work there in summer and it is HOT but I literally lived at the place for weeks at a time for work purposes. Nice golf course, spa, and pool area.
nomad420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 18, 6:08 pm
  #101  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 153
Originally Posted by storewanderer View Post
The under $100 rates are a steal even with the resort fee added in (the resort fee includes tips for the bell people and those who shuttle you around the property in golf carts, so if you are out and about from your room and use the golf cart shuttles enough, not having to tip them all the time will partially offset this fee).
.
According to the front desk check-in person, the resort fee only covers BASIC TIPS, not expected tips. Was repeated three times with a loud emphasis on basic when they went over what the included resort fee "covered". Not sure how the check in could have been more absurd.
Used night certificates there last year and the place was pretty run down. Shower door didn't close. Floors dirty. Even the toilet paper holder was broken. Was only staying there for a room and breakfast on the way where I was at, poor choice was partly my fault.

And of course the whole breakfast fiasco, where it was confirmed over the phone before booking and also showed in the app by restaurant name under benefits. After front desk got nowhere, Hilton App complaint got a promise that the GM would follow up in the morning. Of course not followed up. Second App feedback about no promised follow-up got a call from the GM about 5 hours after I checked out. GM offered 50k points without prompting anything and I agreed. Corporate followed up with GM's agreed resolution. Hotel never actually credited the points and had to get corporate to apply them manually 4 months later.
B3nder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 18, 3:20 pm
  #102  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by sharonsimon View Post
Now that it is past Sept 1, can anyone report if Diamond members are getting free breakfast? Also, is there a lounge (with food/snacks) that Diamond members have access to? Thank you.
Stayed for a few days in late September, check-in provided a Diamond Welcome letter, 2 $15 vouchers for breakfast in the main restaurant per day of stay, and a brief discussion of diamond benefits, hope that helps.
KimmyChamp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 18, 11:01 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA GS, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Posts: 1,649
Originally Posted by B3nder View Post
According to the front desk check-in person, the resort fee only covers BASIC TIPS, not expected tips. Was repeated three times with a loud emphasis on basic when they went over what the included resort fee "covered". Not sure how the check in could have been more absurd.
Used night certificates there last year and the place was pretty run down. Shower door didn't close. Floors dirty. Even the toilet paper holder was broken. Was only staying there for a room and breakfast on the way where I was at, poor choice was partly my fault.

And of course the whole breakfast fiasco, where it was confirmed over the phone before booking and also showed in the app by restaurant name under benefits. After front desk got nowhere, Hilton App complaint got a promise that the GM would follow up in the morning. Of course not followed up. Second App feedback about no promised follow-up got a call from the GM about 5 hours after I checked out. GM offered 50k points without prompting anything and I agreed. Corporate followed up with GM's agreed resolution. Hotel never actually credited the points and had to get corporate to apply them manually 4 months later.
Sounds like a total cluster F so sorry to hear that a once nice property has fallen so far. Haven't been there in awhile and not sure I would given your experience.
nomad420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 18, 10:41 pm
  #104  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rochester, MN
Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Posts: 728
Bump...anyone with younger children stay here....is this a good place for kids or a little too high on the snoot factor?
Hawkeyefan is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread