FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AZ}
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:08 pm
B3nder

Originally Posted by storewanderer
The under $100 rates are a steal even with the resort fee added in (the resort fee includes tips for the bell people and those who shuttle you around the property in golf carts, so if you are out and about from your room and use the golf cart shuttles enough, not having to tip them all the time will partially offset this fee).
According to the front desk check-in person, the resort fee only covers BASIC TIPS, not expected tips. Was repeated three times with a loud emphasis on basic when they went over what the included resort fee "covered". Not sure how the check in could have been more absurd.
Used night certificates there last year and the place was pretty run down. Shower door didn't close. Floors dirty. Even the toilet paper holder was broken. Was only staying there for a room and breakfast on the way where I was at, poor choice was partly my fault.

And of course the whole breakfast fiasco, where it was confirmed over the phone before booking and also showed in the app by restaurant name under benefits. After front desk got nowhere, Hilton App complaint got a promise that the GM would follow up in the morning. Of course not followed up. Second App feedback about no promised follow-up got a call from the GM about 5 hours after I checked out. GM offered 50k points without prompting anything and I agreed. Corporate followed up with GM's agreed resolution. Hotel never actually credited the points and had to get corporate to apply them manually 4 months later.