Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
I've always had the MVP rate credit for stay and points with the exception of Homewood Suites. This happened again at the La Quinta property. It shows up as a stay but no points. Contacted diamond desk who first stated it was a third party booking site, later amended to mean an ineligible rate but would open a case.
Another case of the CSR making things up to support the error. Push back and escalate! CSRs do not get credit for fixing problems, they only get credit for the calls they take, so the sooner they can get you off the phone and on to the next, the better they look to the bean counters insisting on quantifying a support function.

Push hard!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
For the most part, the MVP rate has gone the way of the Dodo.
That may be, but if the property is still loading the rates, they should give the credit. The fact that their staff is not informed is depressing.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I made three MVP reservations last week.
KCKC likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:12 am

The MVP site seems to have some sort of problem (based on attempts to access with iOS, Android, Google Chrome and IE. The page comes up, but the usually active fields are unresponsive. Anyone else?

I'm going to try to book by phone, but I do hope the website comes back to life.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:28 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
The MVP site seems to have some sort of problem (based on attempts to access with iOS, Android, Google Chrome and IE. The page comes up, but the usually active fields are unresponsive. Anyone else?
Same here, but just add the dates and place "manually," and it works fine.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Same here (yesterday; I haven't tried it today), and I got around it like cblaisd described. On the other hand, I would need to see more hotels offering the MVP rate before I said it works fine.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Rental Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by cblaisd
The other thing you can try is going to the main MVP page (Hilton | MVP Travel), and then clicking the "find hotels" red button without filling out any information. This should bring up a much more detailed search page that has loadable geographic locations and date calendars with the "Corporate Account: Hilton MVP" pre-checked as the rate plan. It's also helpful if you want to search for an additional rate at the same time (e.g., AAA) or if there are certain brands you do/don't want to include in search results.
365RoadWarrior likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Sweet. Thanks for that tip, Evo40!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
I almost only book MVP rates exclusively when it is less than AAA. Booked a MVP rate on Monday for two nights in Sioux Falls, SD then a MVP rate in Honolulu this past Saturday, Friday night was MVP rate in Anchorage and the whole previous week in Kokomo, IN at a Hampton Inn was booked on a MVP rate.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd
It has had that issue ever since Saturday (at least I think it was Saturday) when the MVP site was completely down for a while (enough that I became concerned that maybe that rate was fully eliminated) and since it came back up later that day, the calendar doesn't drop down. As noted it does work if you enter the dates manually (which is admittedly a pain but its obviously worth it for the MVP rates.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I’ve been using the MVP rate a lot for US bookings this year. I love it for the discounts, and easy cancellation policies.

I had a two night leisure stay booked a few months ago. I almost bit on a prepay rate, but stayed with the MVP rate, as I wanted to be able to cancel if it was snowing.

In the end, the prices dropped 4 times. I ended up adding one extra night, as the price was reasonable enough.
Ruhr likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:59 pm

IME, this is inaccurate.
sdsearch and birdiedouble like this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:56 am

Looking to book an MVP rate at a Home2 - it pretty clearly seems to suggest you need an affiliation: "Hilton Honors number required when booking and is required at check in. Subject to availability restrictions at each Hotel. Restrictions: Must be requested. Do not offer. Hilton Honors number required when booking and required at check in. Individual sports traveler program. Travelers will have direct affiliation with professional sports clubs, collegiate athletic departments or amateur sports Associations."

Any recommendations?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hockyfan
Looking to book an MVP rate at a Home2 - it pretty clearly seems to suggest you need an affiliation: "Hilton Honors number required when booking and is required at check in. Subject to availability restrictions at each Hotel. Restrictions: Must be requested. Do not offer. Hilton Honors number required when booking and required at check in. Individual sports traveler program. Travelers will have direct affiliation with professional sports clubs, collegiate athletic departments or amateur sports Associations."

Any recommendations?
I would think your profile name alone would suffice. The thread is full of similar concerns....and all the answers are pretty much the same....don't worry.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockyfan

Any recommendations?
As has been stated before, this is OLD TEXT from back in the early days of the MVP rates. Personally, I have booked it many times and have never been asked for any credentials. Many of these systems use a rate code to attach text to a rate. This is why it's a good idea to keep your email confirmation as the text is NOT stored with your online confirmation and could be changed if they decide to recycle an existing rate code.

If you are concerned, there are suggestions above for various groups you can join for a few dollars, but I doubt you will need anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.