Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
FEBRUARY 6, 2020 UPDATE

Loyalty Lobby has reported and the FlyerTalk Hilton Honors Ambassador has confirmed that MVP rates can no longer be booked via the MVP website without the required association with targeted sports programs.

OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262 or 0560041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

HGI and Hilton 1135262 or 0041604 (check both codes - as some some properties offer MVP rates - but only via one of the codes, not both).

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions
  • YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $36
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.

Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE] Hilton Family MVP Rate - 2016 through 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arlflyer
No one said they weren't capable of manually adding or removing 3 digits. And I certainly don't think anyone - except you - made reference to the End Times. However, at least in my own case, I was curious about the feature set of a piece of software. Allowing the software to have the capability to input more than one corporate rate code would be a useful feature for those who in fact have access to other legitimate corporate rates, or who wanted to search both MVP rates together. Your method does not allow for side-by-side comparison of all Hilton family hotels at the lowest available (MVP) rate, which is what any reasonable person would want to ideally see (and is what can be seen on the website).
And if not that, something else useful, at least for MVP, would be for it to remember your last corporate code between uses of the app. Then you'd only have to add & remove 056, and never remember or type the other digits, if MVP were the only corporate codes you had.

Based on what I've seen other places, even if they supported multiple corporate codes, ti still might be on separate searches. Some other sites let you remember multiple things, but you have to select one of your saved options at a time and do the search that way, then go back and select another of your saved options.

Does Hilton even have the ability to search multiple corporate codes anywhere? Keep in mind that while we can use two different corporate codes for MVP, that doesn't prove that that's how the MVP site (when it works) searches all brands at one time. They could be using some other method behind the scenes (perhaps a completely different and never-published code that works for all, but cannot be input manually).

Keep in mind that in addition to MVP, there were some similar sports-themed discount rates that weren't called MVP (Team USA I think), and for those I don't even recall a corporate code being listed, just a special website. If they indeed don't have a corporate code, those other non-MVP special discount rates cannot be booked at all through the app, I would think.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:41 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Keep in mind that in addition to MVP, there were some similar sports-themed discount rates that weren't called MVP (Team USA I think), and for those I don't even recall a corporate code being listed, just a special website. If they indeed don't have a corporate code, those other non-MVP special discount rates cannot be booked at all through the app, I would think.
Uh, did you look at the wiki?

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:24 am

New codes both working for me in the HH app.

Add the code that's more relevant for your travel style to your Hilton profile online. It'll sync near instantly to the HH app
Old Dec 22, 2016, 8:25 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
I just read about this rate on FT, and checked it on the Tropicana Las Vegas, where I had a stay booked for next month. I canceled my old reservation and rebooked with the MVP rate. Saved about $50 for a two-night stay.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
North America Only?

Are the MVP and Team USA discounts still valid only for stays at U.S. and Canadian properties?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:08 pm

the MVP do work on some London Hotels also,so i expect they can work more places.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Not found MVP working outside the USA, however the team USA works at many hotels.

Been a while since I looked up anything in Asia or Oceania so it may be different there.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Anyone notice that the Team USA Promo has ended? Apparently I missed the memo back in September that the USOC ended it's deal with Hilton at the end of 2016. I was able to use it in December 2016 (ironically, I was actually traveling with Team USA in Europe). Oh well, please someone, tell me I'm wrong

http://teamusa.hhonors.com/?offerover=yes

update: I'm a member of a few of the National Governing Bodies (USATF, etc) and Hilton is not listed on their website as a partner anymore.

Last edited by NYCflip; Jan 4, 2017 at 10:59 pm
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Just use the corporate code noted in the wiki on the regular website. It's still very alive.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Just use the corporate code noted in the wiki on the regular website. It's still very alive.
Thanks! I guess I'll have to use these codes from now on as I used to go through the links on the USOC website (or whichever team I was traveling with). I tried using these codes before my last post and they weren't working, although I imagine it may be because I was looking at hotels in Tokyo.

Last edited by NYCflip; Jan 4, 2017 at 11:35 pm
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:42 pm

And if you add the code in the iPhone app, it will automatically propagate to the website and default to looking for hotels with Team USA discounts when you're logged in to your account online.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCflip
Anyone notice that the Team USA Promo has ended? Apparently I missed the memo back in September that the USOC ended it's deal with Hilton at the end of 2016. I was able to use it in December 2016 (ironically, I was actually traveling with Team USA in Europe). Oh well, please someone, tell me I'm wrong

http://teamusa.hhonors.com/?offerover=yes

update: I'm a member of a few of the National Governing Bodies (USATF, etc) and Hilton is not listed on their website as a partner anymore.
It hasn't ended. What has happened is that they've reduced the number of sports with which they officially partner.

There's a separate thread about the Team USA rate where this has been discussed a lot in recent days:
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
It's working. Booked some stays when I'm there for the Boston marathon.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:04 am

I just booked a stay in Southern California for my lady friend's parents. First time I've ever used the MVP rate. I've read through the thread, the rate does mention sports affiliation. But should I really be worried? I know I can just get them the $10 USGA membership. They're getting old and may not really understand the point. Does anyone think they need to be worried at all? If not, I'll just let it ride.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:26 pm

No worries whatsoever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.