Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
RIP?

Is the food hut not there now? Always looking for good food.

TD
Food is (probably) still there. RIP was for the boat transfer trick that made it worth going to the pier..
Traveler Dave likes this.

Last edited by italdesign; Apr 7, 2022 at 1:35 am
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by italdesign
Speaking of which, are there still water boilers in the room?
There was one in my room last week.
italdesign likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
We checked our carry on suitcases each way, but VT didn't weigh the carry ons we did have, a backpack and two briefcases.
Did you already have other checked bags too? Like the carry-on’s checked were additional? About how much was that?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by TravelPointsMeow
Did you already have other checked bags too? Like the carry-on’s checked were additional? About how much was that?
No, we each had a carry on size suitcase that we checked. There was nothing additional, so I don't know what the excess baggage fees were. The overhead bin space on the ATRs that they fly is limited, so I don't think there's space for more than a personal item.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
RIP?

Is the food hut not there now? Always looking for good food.

TD
Speaking of good food, everyone should toss around the best food options on Bora Bora and Moorea. You hear about bad food all the time, but it'd be awesome to filter out some good options. :P I haven't visited BB myself yet, but I've read a lot and will start.

Moorea
  • Toatea Crêperie at Hilton
  • Coco Beach
  • Fare La Canadienne (Burger house)
Bora Bora
  • The newly mentioned food hut at the Vaitape CBB dock
  • Burgers at the CBB pool
  • CBB themed dinners (seems hit or miss depending on the person)
  • La Villa Mahana
  • St. James
Feel free to toss in personal experiences to the contrary on the above, or add new good food options.
mhopki3 and Traveler Dave like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Speaking of good food, everyone should toss around the best food options on Bora Bora and Moorea. You hear about bad food all the time, but it'd be awesome to filter out some good options. :P I haven't visited BB myself yet, but I've read a lot and will start.

Moorea
  • Toatea Crêperie at Hilton
  • Coco Beach
  • Fare La Canadienne (Burger house)
Bora Bora
  • The newly mentioned food hut at the Vaitape CBB dock
  • Burgers at the CBB pool
  • CBB themed dinners (seems hit or miss depending on the person)
  • La Villa Mahana
  • St. James
Feel free to toss in personal experiences to the contrary on the above, or add new good food options.
I loved the dessert Crepes at Hilton Moorea. If Claude is still there make sure you give them a try. Plus Claude is an interesting dude.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
The newly mentioned food hut at the Vaitape CBB dock
To be exact, it was the first snack shack intersecting the ferry terminal street and main Street. In 2019, $10 for roast pork (packaged) or steak frite were very tasty.
Traveler Dave and Cynapse like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:14 am

Can anyone confirm what the covid entry requirements are for French Polynesia from LAX? Tahiti tourism site just says antigen test within 48 hours of departure while air tahiti nui site says it has to be a supervised test? I'm not flying on air tahiti nui, but is any antigen test (ie one of the portable at-home tests where you upload a photo on the test and get a certificate - I'm not in the US, Ill just be in LA for a few days before the PPT flight) acceptable or does it actually need to be a supervised one?

Does the test result also have to be printed or is a pdf on the phone okay? Is the only other form thats needed to be completed the signed statement thing?

And lastly, does anyone know what the times are for the shuttle to/from Vaitape/Conrad are?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by slidey
Can anyone confirm what the covid entry requirements are for French Polynesia from LAX?
We flew TN, but they were sending people downstairs to get supervised antigen tests. The consensus is that the at home tests such as eMed are not accepted for travel to French Polynesia. TBIT has on site RAT available with quick results through Clarity. We had our results within about 30 minutes after the test. PDFs seemed to be acceptable, but keep in mind passport control officers at PPT were requesting to see the test results too when we were there. Some passengers were having issues connecting to the mobile network. If you will be nearby LAX before travel you could get tested and then have your hotel print out a copy of the test results.

I will let others reply on the shuttle schedule as it may have changed since January.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:52 pm

Can anyone confirm what the covid entry requirements are for French Polynesia from LAX? Tahiti tourism site just says antigen test within 48 hours of departure while air tahiti nui site says it has to be a supervised test? I'm not flying on air tahiti nui, but is any antigen test (ie one of the portable at-home tests where you upload a photo on the test and get a certificate - I'm not in the US, Ill just be in LA for a few days before the PPT flight) acceptable or does it actually need to be a supervised one?

Does the test result also have to be printed or is a pdf on the phone okay? Is the only other form thats needed to be completed the signed statement thing?

And lastly, does anyone know what the times are for the shuttle to/from Vaitape/Conrad are?
Updated on the 5th….

https://en.calameo.com/read/00346150...38f04b5?page=1
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:53 pm

We flew TN, but they were sending people downstairs to get supervised antigen tests. The consensus is that the at home tests such as eMed are not accepted for travel to French Polynesia. TBIT has on site RAT available with quick results through Clarity. We had our results within about 30 minutes after the test. PDFs seemed to be acceptable, but keep in mind passport control officers at PPT were requesting to see the test results too when we were there. Some passengers were having issues connecting to the mobile network. If you will be nearby LAX before travel you could get tested and then have your hotel print out a copy of the test results.

I will let others reply on the shuttle schedule as it may have changed since January.
Print it out if you can. Or capture a screen shot with your iPad or phone.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:08 am

Released base room May 13-15. Did not immediately go back to award inventory.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
...PDFs seemed to be acceptable, but keep in mind passport control officers at PPT were requesting to see the test results too when we were there. Some passengers were having issues connecting ...
Just arrived in PPT last night. Not a single COVID-related piece of documentation (neither test results, vaccine card, or the sworn statement) was reviewed upon arrival. That being said, I'd still recommend having printed copies of everything. WiFi and cell data coverage in the airport was spotty.

-FlyerBeek
brodielayne likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:43 pm

Just tried to upgrade to a OWB for a stay end of June and was only offered pool villas which is too spendy for us-- are we out of luck? Is there any sort of waitlist/do they become available?

We are also diamond members and hoping for a space available upgrade, but it's our honeymoon and my fiance doesn't want to roll the dice.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by pepper212
Just tried to upgrade to a OWB for a stay end of June and was only offered pool villas which is too spendy for us-- are we out of luck? Is there any sort of waitlist/do they become available?

We are also diamond members and hoping for a space available upgrade, but it's our honeymoon and my fiance doesn't want to roll the dice.
It literally changes by the day. If available your odds are good, however I would not count on it as June is high season and the resort will likely be full. If you are dead set on having a particular room you will want to pay for the upgrade.
coolbeans202 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.