Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Reply

Old Jan 27, 19, 4:58 pm
  #676  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by merice107107 View Post
Does anyone have the email for the GM, Sebastien Pisano?

https://www.hotel-online.com/press_r...eneral-manager

I'd like to email someone other than the stock hotel address on the website to get quote for upgrades.

[email protected]

I have recently been communicating with Violaine a reservation agent at the property if that helps at all-
merice107107 likes this.
KRUXED is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 19, 3:59 am
  #677  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LAS
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 2,731
There's a possibility that due to a strange set of events I may be visiting this property in March with a platonic friend of mine. We are both dudes, we don't sleep together. I see that the website says the base King Villas sleep 3 adults or 2 adults plus two children, is there more than one bed in the villa or do they bring in a bed or how does that work? Thanks
jphripjah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 19, 10:47 pm
  #678  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 409
Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
There's a possibility that due to a strange set of events I may be visiting this property in March with a platonic friend of mine. We are both dudes, we don't sleep together. I see that the website says the base King Villas sleep 3 adults or 2 adults plus two children, is there more than one bed in the villa or do they bring in a bed or how does that work? Thanks
I'm fairly certain the "King" rooms have a single King bed...but would recommend you email Violane (email a few posts up). I'm sure she can assist in answering those questions. Perhaps they have an option to add a roll-away bed.
gvaughn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 19, 10:27 am
  #679  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: TPA
Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Posts: 206
I came last week for my second stay, I would recommend rooms 100 - 117 as they are at the end of the hotel. We were upgrade like diamond and recognized with welcome gift at the check in. Our room faced the mountain so we got the sun rise rather than the sun set and it was only a few steps from our front door to see the sun sets and to be honest I preferred the contrasts of the view of the lagoon and the mountain. The servicing of the rooms was excellent and they had everything we needed. Super comfortable beds, hammocks and a ladder for easy access to the sea. Amazing snorkel experience every morning.
All the staff were delightful, specially beach boys who took us around the island.
Food and drink are expensive, but in line with the pricing we had been told to expect on Tahiti/Bora Bora. For us the cost of the food/drink would probably mean that whilst we had the most amazing holiday we would probably not return to Bora Bora/Tahiti again as Aitutaki in the Cook Islands is a similar location but better value for money.

The Conrad offered a good selection of trips and had a really nice spa. We visited for 5 days, fifth night free like diamond.There were no mosquitoes and a nice breeze. We had 2 afternoons when we had rain the rest of the rain was during the night. Other days there were some clouds but plenty of sun shine
honores41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 19, 10:38 am
  #680  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: TPA
Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Posts: 206
Originally Posted by moogoo112 View Post
Took a picture outside the presidential suite. Thing is super large. 3200 square feet. It's crazy nice. The continental breakfast is ok but definitely not as good as the Conrad Maldives. There is a separate add-on menu that you can order off of such as pancakes, omelettes, and other breakfast items for 12 dollars.
2 weeks ago

honores41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 3:18 am
  #681  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by honores41 View Post
I came last week for my second stay, I would recommend rooms 100 - 117 as they are at the end of the hotel. We were upgrade like diamond and recognized with welcome gift at the check in. Our room faced the mountain so we got the sun rise rather than the sun set and it was only a few steps from our front door to see the sun sets and to be honest I preferred the contrasts of the view of the lagoon and the mountain. The servicing of the rooms was excellent and they had everything we needed. Super comfortable beds, hammocks and a ladder for easy access to the sea. Amazing snorkel experience every morning.
All the staff were delightful, specially beach boys who took us around the island.
Food and drink are expensive, but in line with the pricing we had been told to expect on Tahiti/Bora Bora. For us the cost of the food/drink would probably mean that whilst we had the most amazing holiday we would probably not return to Bora Bora/Tahiti again as Aitutaki in the Cook Islands is a similar location but better value for money.

The Conrad offered a good selection of trips and had a really nice spa. We visited for 5 days, fifth night free like diamond.There were no mosquitoes and a nice breeze. We had 2 afternoons when we had rain the rest of the rain was during the night. Other days there were some clouds but plenty of sun shine
Thanks for the review. Did you get upgraded to the King Overwater? Did you have to ask or it was offered automatically? Also, were you offered a paid upgrade prior to your arrival? Sorry for the questions, we have a stay coming up shortly and debating whether to wait or pay for the upgrade now (also Diamond).
spunkyt83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 19, 9:34 am
  #682  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Posts: 73
I emailed the hotel asking for prices to be upgraded to a beach pool villa. Unfortunately it is not available for the 7 nights we will be there. She suggested a Garden Villa and quoted me an upgrade price of 20,000 xpf a night! On the website the garden vill is normally only about 6,000 xpf more per night. What gives?

FWIW, I will have my 2yo daughter with me so I don't want overwater upgrades. Nor do I ant a horizon view. I want to be close to the beach.
merice107107 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 19, 2:17 pm
  #683  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5
Lots of mosquitoes unfortunately by the garden villas
moogoo112 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 19, 8:08 pm
  #684  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by merice107107 View Post
I emailed the hotel asking for prices to be upgraded to a beach pool villa. Unfortunately it is not available for the 7 nights we will be there. She suggested a Garden Villa and quoted me an upgrade price of 20,000 xpf a night! On the website the garden vill is normally only about 6,000 xpf more per night. What gives?

FWIW, I will have my 2yo daughter with me so I don't want overwater upgrades. Nor do I ant a horizon view. I want to be close to the beach.
They came back and countered with 15,000 XPF.

Then a few days later, a completely different reservation agent emailed and said that since I'm in a Lagoon View (I booked king garden view on points) I will be upgraded to Garden Villa complimentary space permitting.

Lots of different info being sent around!
merice107107 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 1:03 pm
  #685  
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Homeless
Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Posts: 1,502
Originally Posted by merice107107 View Post
They came back and countered with 15,000 XPF.

Then a few days later, a completely different reservation agent emailed and said that since I'm in a Lagoon View (I booked king garden view on points) I will be upgraded to Garden Villa complimentary space permitting.

Lots of different info being sent around!
Are you Diamond?
escape4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 1:11 pm
  #686  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Are you Diamond?
Yes. But a "fake" diamond; Only through my Aspire.
merice107107 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 1:16 pm
  #687  
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Homeless
Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Posts: 1,502
Originally Posted by merice107107 View Post
Yes. But a "fake" diamond; Only through my Aspire.
I do not think it matters in BB, fake or not. Depending on availability I wish you will be upgraded to the Horizon View Villa - the views from up there are fantastic. I think those paying cash get better value with the HVV than the GVs.
Softwizard likes this.
escape4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 1:23 pm
  #688  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
I do not think it matters in BB, fake or not. Depending on availability I wish you will be upgraded to the Horizon View Villa - the views from up there are fantastic. I think those paying cash get better value with the HVV than the GVs.
The views do look great. But I will have my 2 year old daughter with me. Walking up to the villas is a no go. I really want a Beach pool villa, or a garden villa, or the garden view/lagoon view suite. No horizon and no over water rooms for us!
merice107107 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 1:38 pm
  #689  
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Homeless
Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Posts: 1,502
Originally Posted by merice107107 View Post
The views do look great. But I will have my 2 year old daughter with me. Walking up to the villas is a no go. I really want a Beach pool villa, or a garden villa, or the garden view/lagoon view suite. No horizon and no over water rooms for us!
Given your circumstances you have a decent chance of free upgrade to GV. Perhaps you can change mid-stay for the BV if one of the two BVs become available and pay for the difference, I really enjoyed that room type.
escape4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 1:44 pm
  #690  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
Given your circumstances you have a decent chance of free upgrade to GV. Perhaps you can change mid-stay for the BV if one of the two BVs become available and pay for the difference, I really enjoyed that room type.
That's what I figured. I'm going to wait it out for the Garden Villa. I was quoted at 50,000 xpf to upgrade to a Beach Pool Villa. They are going to contact me if one opens up for our stay. Right now, nights 1, 2, and 7 are available. Not really a good split. Even if all 7 aren't available, I'd do the last 3 nights or something.
merice107107 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread