Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2023, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cynicor
No; I understand where Koh Samui is perfectly well, thanks.

I’m saying that it’s isn’t unexpected that hotels in the world open for booking a little later.
Agreed Cynicor. I’m waiting for the Hilton Liverpool (same group as Conrad for those unfamiliar) to open up for July 2024 so this is perfectly normal.

Meanwhile, I’m plotting yet another return to the Conrad KS - I love the place!
Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
No; I understand where Koh Samui is perfectly well, thanks.

I’m saying that it’s isn’t unexpected that hotels in the world open for booking a little later.
Funnily enough this morning I checked again and the entire calendar for Aug 2024 is available now!
Cynicor likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:21 am

Got back from a 2 night stay booked with points. We got upgraded to room 310 as a Diamond, 25% F&B discount was automatically applied, and we also received the plush Conrad bears with our names and the turtles upon checking out.

We loved our stay and would be happy to come back. The view from 310 was perfect (309 can see your terrace from their pool, though), it was a short walk to Zest so there's no need to call the buggy even though I'd urge you to do so if it rained. Some parts of the pavement can get very slippery and I learned the hard way (only bruised my arm luckily).

As many already noted, the beach isn't very suitable for swimming. We tried but couldn't get through many big rocks in the shallow part of the water. But it wasn't an issue as you have your own pool and the main big pool was vacant during our stay too.

We ate in Zest and Azure–both were great and the prices weren't too bad for such resort. Even though Azure is on the more expensive side, we found their portions large and we were full from sharing 1 appetizer, pizza and a dessert. Botanikka has a solid coffee with knowledgeable staff and we appreciated that they sourced beans from Chiang Rai and roasted them themselves. They even try to grow their own coffee on the Iris farm. In fact, we found their focus on sustainability and own produce fascinating, it was one of the highlights. The Iris farm manager recently got a Lab puppy that is supposed to help protect the farm in the future. On top of that, Botanikka has a cuddly Spynx kitten so this a great place for animal lovers
Old Sep 24, 2023, 8:03 pm

What's the nearest 'swimmable' beach to this property? I noticed there was another larger beach on the south side of the island. Is that swimmable?
Old Sep 24, 2023, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by najama2
What's the nearest 'swimmable' beach to this property? I noticed there was another larger beach on the south side of the island. Is that swimmable?
I think it would be best to check with your host on this
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I went solo. It wasn't an issue eating alone. For one thing, most people eat room service the whole time. Most times when I ate lunch, I was the only person eating lunch. At Jahn, I was the only person. I ate lunch in my pool cabana several times.
I don't think there is a swimmable beach nearby, but that's a guess. If I go again, I would also go to somewhere else, which I did. Some places had swimmable beaches, others not. I went to Koh Tao and Koh Phangan as well. The two nicest beaches were Lamai Beach and the beach by the Panviman in Koh Phangan.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 10:05 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Going to Koh Samui in May for 5 nights, and having trouble deciding between the Conrad and Vana Belle. Never been to Koh Samui before.
The only time we would want to leave the resort is to go to the Samui elephant sanctuary one day, and maybe do a boat trip type excursion. I do love a nice beach, however the views from the Conrad are making me rethink whether the beach at Vana Belle is worth it.
Thoughts from those who have stayed at both?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 2:01 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Well I decided on the Conrad and went ahead and booked the 1 bedroom Ocean view infinity pool villa. Didn't want to risk not getting the room I wanted if no upgrade etc.
If I do get upgraded from this, what would it be to? And I'm assuming that will be an even nicer room/view? As the infinity pool villa looks like what most people get upgraded too anyway, correct?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 6:42 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by S.R
Well I decided on the Conrad and went ahead and booked the 1 bedroom Ocean view infinity pool villa. Didn't want to risk not getting the room I wanted if no upgrade etc.
If I do get upgraded from this, what would it be to? And I'm assuming that will be an even nicer room/view? As the infinity pool villa looks like what most people get upgraded too anyway, correct?
Theoretically a nicer view and higher up, but that depends on the view you value. Most people want to face the 5 islands directly. Even so, you can be a level up and have a worse view depending on the direction you face. See the maps (and comments) upthread about this and then email mgmt with your preference. If possible, they will accommodate you. With regards to the "rooms" (they're villas), they are all the same on the inside and all have a similar pool and veranda setup. Again, the overall vibe depends on your orientation and surroundings. You should also consider if you want to be able to walk to/from breakfast, the gym, the main pool, etc.

The place is really magical. Do the research and email the resort with your specific needs and preferences. It's worth it.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:08 pm

Debating using 360k points here for 5 nights here. Do you recommend Koh Samui (and this resort) for a first time visitor to Thailand? I'll have about 3 weeks total in the country. Planning Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Krabi, and possible Koh Samui.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Debating using 360k points here for 5 nights here. Do you recommend Koh Samui (and this resort) for a first time visitor to Thailand? I'll have about 3 weeks total in the country. Planning Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Krabi, and possible Koh Samui.
Hi Sandeep, To be completely frank, yes we would. Pre-COVID, the service was exceptional although it wasn’t as good when we went in March 2022 but Marcus, their Operations Director, had gone by then. We noticed a complete lack of management but it’s the sort of resort where you stay in your villa for the duration so whilst Marcus was exceptional, it doesn’t matter too much. However, we were in the Royal Villa (again), and there’s only one of those and we were underwhelmed. That said, if you want to be pampered, have an absolutely beautiful (standard) room, be looked after by beautiful people inside and out and just feel relaxed for the entire time, we couldn’t recommend anywhere better. Oh, and despite being grumpy, I am planning to go back in 2025! So, first time, after the undoubted freneticism of Bangkok, 100% yes. And if you do end up there, and I hope you do, you’ll either be wondering why you only did 5 nights or you’ll be plotting for your return. I hope this helps.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by PlaneSpeaking
Hi Sandeep, To be completely frank, yes we would. Pre-COVID, the service was exceptional although it wasn’t as good when we went in March 2022 but Marcus, their Operations Director, had gone by then. We noticed a complete lack of management but it’s the sort of resort where you stay in your villa for the duration so whilst Marcus was exceptional, it doesn’t matter too much. However, we were in the Royal Villa (again), and there’s only one of those and we were underwhelmed. That said, if you want to be pampered, have an absolutely beautiful (standard) room, be looked after by beautiful people inside and out and just feel relaxed for the entire time, we couldn’t recommend anywhere better. Oh, and despite being grumpy, I am planning to go back in 2025! So, first time, after the undoubted freneticism of Bangkok, 100% yes. And if you do end up there, and I hope you do, you’ll either be wondering why you only did 5 nights or you’ll be plotting for your return. I hope this helps.
Very helpful, thank you! I'm still debating the pros/cons of Conrad vs. staying somewhere a bit closer to Choeng Mon Beach like the Ritz Carlton.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 12:25 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Very helpful, thank you! I'm still debating the pros/cons of Conrad vs. staying somewhere a bit closer to Choeng Mon Beach like the Ritz Carlton.
We had a great stay in the Royal Villa and exceptional service.

The RC gets very poor reviews.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
The last bookable date is Nov 30 for either cash or pts. Anyone know when Dec and onward will be released?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:22 am

Was debating between this property and the Kimpton, opted for this one based on the rave reviews here. Fingers crossed I made the right decision!

I booked the tropical view villa via points. Can we pay an upgrade fee to ocean view? I am Diamond so not sure if I’ll get bumped automatically?

Last edited by Sandeep1; Jan 21, 2024 at 4:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.