Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by G4L
What's the name of the laundromat and is it close to the hotel? Also, did you do any excursions like island hopping/snorkeling? Any recommendations on which company I should check for these excursions?
So sorry to hear that Amy is no longer with the Conrad KS! She made our stay so special, hope the other hosts will be able to provide the same level of service and care she provided for us! Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the laundromat. Try asking your host about drop off wash and fold laundry service near the Conrad. I asked Amy about it, and she said there was one close by the property, but too far to walk to. So she offered to drop off and pick up our clothes for us since we did not have our own vehicle.

As for outings. We rented the Blue Dragon for the day. It was obviously more expensive then a group tour, but totally worth it! https://kosamuiboatcharter.com/en/blue-dragon-yacht

We also visited Samui Elephant Kingdom and are really glad we did! Amy arranged that for us, so your host should be able to do the same.

I posted two reviews on TA today for both Samui Elephant Kingdom ( https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Province.html ) and for Ko Samui Boat Charter ( https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Province.html ) Both reviews will have lots of pictures and should be available in the next 24 hours. Hope that helps.
Six Travelers likes this.

Last edited by DFW1003; Sep 20, 2022 at 12:22 pm
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:07 am

Currently here at cks, with regards to the beach condition, as I do not have any reference to other beaches around USM. The condition of the beach is somewhat surprisingly great for myself and my family. Water is great and clear.

Do not expect Maldives level of water and beaches but it is definitely a step up from the beaches we have at home
DFW1003 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:08 pm

Anybody know how far out Conrad show reward bookings? It's Nov now, and reward bookings only go up to Sept 2023. I'm a little surprised that Oct 2023 is not up yet.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 6:40 pm

Just wrapped a stay here in the beautiful villa 223, probably one of the better locations? Would be thrilled to get the same room next time.
We used the hotels official airport transfer service which is 1500thb each way and we're greeted with cool towels and coconuts on arrival, a nice touch.

Zest had very reasonably priced Thai food for a resort, something like $10-12 for most entrees and diamonds get 25% off. We ordered something with medium heat and it was legitimately spicy, not like some of bland tourist food we had on a tour. We are Texan and used to jalapenos in everything and for us medium was great, I would be afraid of Thai hot.

My wife wanted to go to jahn so we did but personally I'd rather eat steak in Texas and eat Thai food while we're in Thailand.

The breakfast was quite good and still totally free for everything, unlike resorts in Mexico, for example. A previous commenter said the croissants were not great. They were not the best I've ever had but quite good still. I mostly ate Thai items, however.

The resort is quite remote and a real trek to get to. Definitely a place where you stay in your room for the most part. It rained every day which made the (enormous!) pool quite chilly. This was a nice place to get over jetlag at the start of our trip before moving on to the city but I would not travel from the US to only stay here. The W-A Cabo, for example, is a much closer option for a suite with a private pool. I imagine we'll return here for a few nights on any future trips to Thailand.

We were on the same level as Zest so typically walked to breakfast but you will for sure want a buggy for anything on a different level from you. The roads are steep and treacherous.
Six Travelers likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Completed a stay over Thanksgiving in room 302 and was really impressed with the property. Used Mr Samui for airport transfer at 1000thb each way and also booked a 6hr tour of the island for 3500thb.

Breakfast was excellent with a large variety of quality options. Personal favorites included the freshly grilled chicken/pork skewers, whole coconuts, and house made coconut yogurt.

They have a botanical garden cafe near the lobby that was a real treat. House made kombuchas, rotating pastries/cookies, and teas were on offer. For dinner we stuck with Zest as we wanted to eat Thai food and found their Moo Kra Ta (Thai BBQ) to be a fun experience.

As for activities, we did the farm tour (Project Iris) which included feeding some goats, chickens, and bunnies. Be warned there are A LOT of mosquitos so don't ignore their offers for spray as you'll come to regret it later. We also did an island tour with Mr Samui that was an absolute blast. Hit some of the tourist sites along with his local favorites including a pineapple farmer and roadside restaurant that served some exceptional Thai food for 50tbh per person.

3-4 nights is ideal here and was a great start to the rest of our trip in Bangkok.

Originally Posted by LRobs
We were on the same level as Zest so typically walked to breakfast but you will for sure want a buggy for anything on a different level from you. The roads are steep and treacherous.
To offer a slightly different take, the only time we used a buggy was on the initial trip from the lobby to our room. Staff strongly encouraged buggy use but you're free to walk the entire property including the roads. We decided to walk the rest of our time there and had a blast. Great views, license to eat more at breakfast, and made friends with staff we frequently passed.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 10:23 am
Suspended

Why there is not so much people in Koh Samui this time?
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:32 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by galaguru
IME, it can be be quite wet in Nov/Dec. Feb tends to be better.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 11:30 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Does anyone have the GM's email? Rather concerned at this TA review saying the Royal Villa Pool wasn't clean and living organisms were swimming in it! https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel..._Province.html
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by galaguru
It's currently very stormy. Even large ferries have been cancelled between Samui and the nearby islands during the past few days. It usually gets better before/after new years.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:36 am

The link in the Wiki for the map is broken, so heres a good detail map I've been sent from CKS which details all the room types.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 5:43 am

I’m staying next month. Yet to receive any pre arrival email. When does it normally get sent?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Still looking for a place to stay on Koh Samui for four nights in May, and am torn between Cape Fahn, Anantara Lawana, and the Conrad. If Conrad, I'd probably book several individual reservations using points, FNC, cash rate, and AmEx FHR to use up some credits. Is this a bad idea, or are they used to combine reservations? Would prefer to stay in the same room.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by IAHFRAGirl
Still looking for a place to stay on Koh Samui for four nights in May, and am torn between Cape Fahn, Anantara Lawana, and the Conrad. If Conrad, I'd probably book several individual reservations using points, FNC, cash rate, and AmEx FHR to use up some credits. Is this a bad idea, or are they used to combine reservations? Would prefer to stay in the same room.
I’m doing Cape Fahn and Conrad. Had two reservations at The Conrad and finally got the pre arrival email quoting both reservation numbers.

So they notice and combine them automatically.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:52 am

Is it still possible to book for 4 guests (2 adults + 2 kids)? I see a few reviews in the past for 4 guests, but the website now says "Rooms here can't hold 4 guests. Update guests/rooms to search again."
Old Feb 14, 2023, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by ARLT
Is it still possible to book for 4 guests (2 adults + 2 kids)? I see a few reviews in the past for 4 guests, but the website now says "Rooms here can't hold 4 guests. Update guests/rooms to search again."
Perhaps you need to book a Residence?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.