Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2023, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Would the hotel have an issue with a 4 month old baby and a 2 year old. Assuming you don't count a baby as a person?
Old May 23, 2023, 11:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I am currently here in Room 310. The view is indeed splendid! But you can't swim or snorkel as this week low tide has made the ocean a wading pool! I am not thrilled with this as I planned to swim and snorkel every day and had to postpone my trip for two years. Everything else is wonderful. More to follow.
​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Jun 5, 2023, 5:33 am

I've read quite a few pages back, but not been a keen observer of this hotel thread. It's never really come up on my radar but I may need to fill in 10 days in 2024 with something.
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to book a base 1 bedroom villa on points then upgrade to a 2 bedroom or higher as would be the usual case at CM Rangali. Is this something that can be arranged in advance for a cash rate, and if so is there any guidance on their usual upsell cost?

Thank you.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 9:02 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Cynicor
I've read quite a few pages back, but not been a keen observer of this hotel thread. It's never really come up on my radar but I may need to fill in 10 days in 2024 with something.
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to book a base 1 bedroom villa on points then upgrade to a 2 bedroom or higher as would be the usual case at CM Rangali. Is this something that can be arranged in advance for a cash rate, and if so is there any guidance on their usual upsell cost?

Thank you.
We've had Koh Samui on our list for a while but never got around to it. We're looking towards being there the end of June 2024. It would be quite a coincidence if we spot you guys there after meeting at WA Maldives this year
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 12:05 am

That would be great! Sam would like friends to play with.
I’m waiting to see if my bro’s wedding goes ahead. If cancelled, we have a trip to Singapore that we will bounce off. Late Feb to early March.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 8:32 am

I finished my one week stay and for the most part it was amazing. The main pool service was not always great, and considering many times I was the only person there, a few times it was totally nonexistent. Anytime I passed near the beach, they brought a bucket over with ice and two bottles of water. Some days the pool staff never came by asking if you wanted water or cold wash cloths or drinks or lunch. Kate lunch there a number of days and the food was good, but the service was just OK.
The breakfast staff were great. After the first day, a cup of ginger tea with honey showed up every morning. Several mornings, they made mango smoothies for me. The two times I had Thai food there, it was very good and the service was good.
My room was always cleaned promptly, and the bed turned down at night. I was always given plenty of water.
The treatments I had at the spa were excellent. The spa did not seem very busy. There were never issues getting biggies to go anywhere.
I met both the assistant manager, Justin and the food and beverage manager personally and had extended conversations with them. Justin himself showed me the best place to see the sunset and cooked me a complimentary vegetable dish when I had dinner at Jahn. The two nights I had dinner at Jahn, I had the restaurant to myself The food was very good, but expensive. I would not have paid what it cost except I had a huge amount of credit with the hotel. The food and beverage manager drove me up to a villa they use for events where she said the sunsets were even better one night, and we watched the sunset that night. It was very cool hearing about their experiences in the hotel industry.
I had an extremely relaxing, indulgent time at the Conrad. I stayed in Villa 310, one of the villas with the five best views in the whole resort. It has a superb view of the Five Islands.
​​​​​​I booked my stay by buying 1 Fine Hotel and Resort night, using an Amex Aspire free night, and booking 5 nights on points. They did not give me check outs of each individual night stay, but just one group checkout at the end. This caused a huge problem as they really messed up my points by not counting my first night or giving me my welcome points. The receipts did not attach in the Hilton app, and there was no way to figure out the problem from the receipt I had. The Hilton main office was no help as they said the points were correct. After I gave up on corporate, and started again with the Conrad Job Samui, after 5 emails, I was told I booked through Expedia for the first night so those points don't count. After I forwarded the bill, the points were finally fixed. But it took about a week and over 10 emails. My advice ask for nightly bills if you are doing multiple stays. Check your points yourself - they can't manage to credit you with your Diamond 1000 welcome points! I've stayed at a number of Conrads and never ever had an issue with multiple nights or points.
M
​​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Jun 19, 2023, 6:36 pm

I will say I had no problem booking my 5 night point stay and my free night. However, I also kept checking for availability and booked very early. I was not given any free drink vouchers at all. The hotel seemed almost empty while I was there. I was told it was at 50% occupancy. There were people in the restaurant at breakfast, but almost no one for lunch and no one at Jahn for dinner and not too many people at the Thai one for dinner. I was told most everyone gets room service. Also, I took the Conrad long tail snorkel tour. BE AWARE if you are older or less flexible that the ladder to get back in the boat is not very long! I snorkel and scuba dive extensively and am used to getting back into boats. This boat's ladder needed another rung for me to get back in. That rung was not there. Neither the boat captain or his mate spoke much English. When I was trying to get back in the boat, and couldn't get either leg up to the first rung, they just kept motion ing me to get on the boat. I literally thought I would not be able to get back on the boat again. I finally was able to somehow get one leg up to a rung. The tour was great a cool stuff. However, it is advertised as a sunset tour-it isnt! You get back long before the sunset. And its shorter than advertised. If you book it, go on the morning tour instead. Pig Island is worth going to and has a lovely beach. IMHO, what the Conrad need to do is to institute back free trips to a beach again. I came prepared to snorkel every day, and could not snorkel at all. To travel over 50 hours and not be able to snorkel was extremely disappointing. While I was there, there was an extreme low tide going on so it was not possible to swim or snorkel at the beach because of rocks. I looked into trying to hike to a beach where it was possible from the Conrad 's beach, but the rocky shoreline made that impossible. This was the huge disappointment to my Conrad stay. And I couldn't book another snorkel trip through the Conrad as I couldn't get back in the boat. The only other option was chartering the yacht and that was out of my price range.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 6:41 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I too had issues with points on a Stay/Pay offer and Hilton Corporate were hopeless, but the hotel first within 24 hours of emailing them.

As I said in my review, Jahn takes only a few bookings per sitting on purpose to create a serene ambience. They actively book different sittings to spread out guests.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 4:04 am

My points issue with the hotel took a week, and would not have been resolved had I not emailed them my Amex Fine Hotels booking. It still isn't quite right - I only got 2000 points for the Hilton promotion instead of 4000, but I will take that up with the Diamond desk.

Jahn was just dead the two nights I went. I didn't even have reservations either night - I went for a drink to see the sunset and got rained in.I did get a cool picture of a mini tornado on one of the Five Islands!
Old Jun 24, 2023, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Runner123
I finished my one week stay and for the most part it was amazing. The main pool service was not always great, and considering many times I was the only person there, a few times it was totally nonexistent. Anytime I passed near the beach, they brought a bucket over with ice and two bottles of water. Some days the pool staff never came by asking if you wanted water or cold wash cloths or drinks or lunch. Kate lunch there a number of days and the food was good, but the service was just OK.
The breakfast staff were great. After the first day, a cup of ginger tea with honey showed up every morning. Several mornings, they made mango smoothies for me. The two times I had Thai food there, it was very good and the service was good.
My room was always cleaned promptly, and the bed turned down at night. I was always given plenty of water.
The treatments I had at the spa were excellent. The spa did not seem very busy. There were never issues getting biggies to go anywhere.
I met both the assistant manager, Justin and the food and beverage manager personally and had extended conversations with them. Justin himself showed me the best place to see the sunset and cooked me a complimentary vegetable dish when I had dinner at Jahn. The two nights I had dinner at Jahn, I had the restaurant to myself The food was very good, but expensive. I would not have paid what it cost except I had a huge amount of credit with the hotel. The food and beverage manager drove me up to a villa they use for events where she said the sunsets were even better one night, and we watched the sunset that night. It was very cool hearing about their experiences in the hotel industry.
I had an extremely relaxing, indulgent time at the Conrad. I stayed in Villa 310, one of the villas with the five best views in the whole resort. It has a superb view of the Five Islands.
​​​​​​I booked my stay by buying 1 Fine Hotel and Resort night, using an Amex Aspire free night, and booking 5 nights on points. They did not give me check outs of each individual night stay, but just one group checkout at the end. This caused a huge problem as they really messed up my points by not counting my first night or giving me my welcome points. The receipts did not attach in the Hilton app, and there was no way to figure out the problem from the receipt I had. The Hilton main office was no help as they said the points were correct. After I gave up on corporate, and started again with the Conrad Job Samui, after 5 emails, I was told I booked through Expedia for the first night so those points don't count. After I forwarded the bill, the points were finally fixed. But it took about a week and over 10 emails. My advice ask for nightly bills if you are doing multiple stays. Check your points yourself - they can't manage to credit you with your Diamond 1000 welcome points! I've stayed at a number of Conrads and never ever had an issue with multiple nights or points.
M
​​​​​​
​​​​​
Based on what I read, did you go to this resort solo? If so, how was it? Was it at all awkward to eat at the restaurants solo with couples at other tables? I'm planning on going in a few months but not sure if my other half will be able to go. TIA!
Old Jul 1, 2023, 7:04 pm

Better room

Hello, I have a choice between rooms 301, 302 and 305. Is the room 305 a better choice?
Old Jul 1, 2023, 7:25 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Ser1978
Hello, I have a choice between rooms 301, 302 and 305. Is the room 305 a better choice?
I thought my stay in 302 was perfect! Very nice sight lines.
Ser1978 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 4:06 pm

Is the location of this property the best place to be in Koh Samui? A few folks have told me it's better to stay on Lamai or Chaweng Beach.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Is the location of this property the best place to be in Koh Samui? A few folks have told me it's better to stay on Lamai or Chaweng Beach.
Yes, if you dont like other people. No, if you like to walk on the beach and try authentic food.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 7:27 pm

And where should I stay if I don’t like other people but like the beach and authentic food? ;p
thirdpassport likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.