Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I forgot to add that I was also Gold at the time. And we were essentially renting 2 rooms. But still just 2 breakfasts per day.
stephenjones likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by stephenjones
I have a trip coming up late June. Will be 4 of us. Anyone know as Diamond, does everyone in the room get the free breakfast or how does that work during these covid times?
The American Breakfast that is only $15.00 is huge, more than enough for two people. It came with coffee, juice, choice of meat, two eggs, potatoes or fruit, and a bagel I believe. We could never finish it. One side of fruit was easily enough for four. Order a couple of those/share it and whatever extra coffees you need, and you'll still be around $40 with tip.
stephenjones and mcdullhk88 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887
The American Breakfast that is only $15.00 is huge, more than enough for two people. It came with coffee, juice, choice of meat, two eggs, potatoes or fruit, and a bagel I believe. We could never finish it. One side of fruit was easily enough for four. Order a couple of those/share it and whatever extra coffees you need, and you'll still be around $40 with tip.
Thanks. This was spot on. 4 of us could not finish 2 of the all american breakfast. As Diamond, we did receive $40 per day. Was not oferred an upgrade. Didnt ask either. I did book an oceanfront so not sure how much more of an upgrade there was. We got 2 chairs and 1 umbrella and had to pay $50 extra for 2 additional chairs and 1 additional umbrella per day. We only did this 2 days of the stay. Other days it was just raining all day so not worth it. I liked the area however, not too busy compared to some other places. No complains.
beachmiles and mcdullhk88 like this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Any recent experiences here?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
RE: Breakfast Credit

We're scheduled to say at the Bentley soon. Does anyone have any experience with how they're handling breakfast with the food/beverage credit? We stayed in March and had a limited menu from which to choose but it was all included for Diamonds.

Merl
DC9 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:13 pm

Currently here for 3 nights before moving to the bonvoy Cadillac for remainder of week. Used 2 certs from Aspire card plus 90k points over Presidents’ Day weekend where rooms were going for $1k per night. So a good value. Had basic room reserved but upgraded to 2 room ocean view suite with full kitchen as Diamond . Ocean view is only if standing right next to window. $30 per day credit in instead of free breakfast but covers a $15 breakfast in restaurant before service charge . Aspire resort credit applies also . Was not charged resort fee so beach chairs and umbrella were free. Nice beach and location . Relatively quiet and calm area but walking distance to all the south beach action . Pool is small with lots of kids, but we prefer beach anyway . Great use of Hilton points if you can get basic 90k room rate for entire stay
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by RichWNJ
Currently here for 3 nights before moving to the bonvoy Cadillac for remainder of week. Used 2 certs from Aspire card plus 90k points over Presidents’ Day weekend where rooms were going for $1k per night. So a good value. Had basic room reserved but upgraded to 2 room ocean view suite with full kitchen as Diamond . Ocean view is only if standing right next to window. $30 per day credit in instead of free breakfast but covers a $15 breakfast in restaurant before service charge . Aspire resort credit applies also . Was not charged resort fee so beach chairs and umbrella were free. Nice beach and location . Relatively quiet and calm area but walking distance to all the south beach action . Pool is small with lots of kids, but we prefer beach anyway . Great use of Hilton points if you can get basic 90k room rate for entire stay
What day was your check-in day? I've been here half a dozen times as well with mixed upgrade success. I had previously believed checking in on a Thursday would provide a better chance than on a Friday but after my last trip I wonder if that's not the case. Love this place, hoping to come back in April.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by StangGT909
What day was your check-in day? I've been here half a dozen times as well with mixed upgrade success. I had previously believed checking in on a Thursday would provide a better chance than on a Friday but after my last trip I wonder if that's not the case. Love this place, hoping to come back in April.
checked in Sat Feb 19. perhaps luck since only staying 3 days instead of a week?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by RichWNJ
checked in Sat Feb 19. perhaps luck since only staying 3 days instead of a week?
I've never stayed a week, it's usually 3-4 days just like yourself

My original theory was - Doing a cash night for Thursday (less busy), followed by separate reservation with points/Certs for the weekend as a linked reservation was the best strategy.

Alternate theory - Perhaps if they had a bunch of "upgrades" available perhaps on a Thursday or Friday they may still be hoping for a last minute premium price reservation. In your case, checking in a Saturday, perhaps the holding out hope is gone and they'd be more likely to give them out for free.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Arriving this weekend for our third trip this winter, we always book 2 90k nights here then 2 nights at the Confidante or Surfcomber on points
OMA flight lands at 10 am so we drop off our luggage and head for the beach (150 airport bus drops off 3 blocks away), on check out day we give up the room at 12:30 but stay on property until 4 or so then head north so we get 3 days for the price of 2
Last trip given 10b - corner room with a partial ocean view.

After 3 pm the food/drinks are really cheap, also there is a nice bakery on 5th - we walk there in the morning for fresh pastries.
My wife always get extra coffee pods from housekeeping.
If I remember right last trip our bill was around $50 for the 2 nights
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Timely post for me, be there for 5 nights on points in March. Good to know that breakfast is mostly covered by the $15, but I guess that's picking just a couple of items of the menu. Or is there a buffet option for around that amount ?

I see the nights we are there are selling for a crazy $1300 a night for a studio which is what we have on points, so I won't be holding out for an upgrade.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:56 am

Back from our time in the bentley. Room we had this time was a little bigger, massive bathroom, which frankly is a waste of space (I've seen smaller bedrooms), and it still only has 1 sink. Overlooking the atrium area that has the SPA etc is a good choice, on our previous stay some years ago the room overlooked Colins ave and could be noisy at times, and I suspect overlooking the pool would be noisy. A/C is either off or jet engine loud, they really should do something about the AC in this hotel. I recall that it stuck in my mind from the last stay. Only slightly better this time as with the bigger room the bed was further away from the noise, but still made for a decision to either be cool but noisy or warm but quiet.

$15 daily credit. All-american (eggs,bacon,hash brown, potato pieces, juice coffee toast) was $15, with other options also around that. 18% gratuity automatically applied to the bill. Friendly staff that were engaging on a number of occasions. Restaurant is separate business from the hotel. Good happy hr options. Water was not replenished daily in the room. Coffee machine but no kettle in the room. Room was a studio and had a sink plates etc and a microwave.

Location is at the very start of Ocean, so it is nice and quiet down there. 20 min walk to bedlam ! Pool is rather small and closes early as that general area also acts as the outside dining area. One-man band most nights.

They did provide a 1pm checkout, which wasn't as long as I'd like, but was better for us than checking out @11am for a 6pm flight.

Ask if there is anything you need to know.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by tangey
Back from our time in the bentley. Room we had this time was a little bigger, massive bathroom, which frankly is a waste of space (I've seen smaller bedrooms), and it still only has 1 sink. Overlooking the atrium area that has the SPA etc is a good choice, on our previous stay some years ago the room overlooked Colins ave and could be noisy at times, and I suspect overlooking the pool would be noisy. A/C is either off or jet engine loud, they really should do something about the AC in this hotel. I recall that it stuck in my mind from the last stay. Only slightly better this time as with the bigger room the bed was further away from the noise, but still made for a decision to either be cool but noisy or warm but quiet.

$15 daily credit. All-american (eggs,bacon,hash brown, potato pieces, juice coffee toast) was $15, with other options also around that. 18% gratuity automatically applied to the bill. Friendly staff that were engaging on a number of occasions. Restaurant is separate business from the hotel. Good happy hr options. Water was not replenished daily in the room. Coffee machine but no kettle in the room. Room was a studio and had a sink plates etc and a microwave.

Location is at the very start of Ocean, so it is nice and quiet down there. 20 min walk to bedlam ! Pool is rather small and closes early as that general area also acts as the outside dining area. One-man band most nights.

They did provide a 1pm checkout, which wasn't as long as I'd like, but was better for us than checking out @11am for a 6pm flight.

Ask if there is anything you need to know.

When you say the restaurant is a separate business from the hotel, does that mean you could not charge any restaurant meals to the room? And therefore get the extra points? Or the Aspire resort credit if need be? We did charge lunch at the beach to the room last time we were there, but I can't recall what happened in that vein.

I think more noise on the south side could also come from the club Nikki Beach? It is one place where room location is very important.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
So the restaurant that you enter through the lobby is no longer owned by the hotel?????

Can you do a room charge at prime and use the F&B credit there?

I haven't stayed there in a few years but thinking of making a trip there thanksgiving weekend.

I had a trip planned last March and I have to say the hotel was great about letting me cancel at the last minute with no penalty. It was back when the people were causing all the problems at Spring Break (how a college kid can afford Miami beach is beyond me) and they had the curfew and I found out at the last minute. Hotel gave me no hassle at all cancelling the reservation due to it even though the curfew was out of their control.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:31 pm

The restaurant was never owned by the hotel, well at least not when I was last there in 2018 or since. But of course it acts as the hotel restaurant and you can charge etc, and the $15 p.p. credits against you food bill.

When I was at the hotel, every member of the hotel staff were mandated to wear a mask, it was hotel policy, but not for guests. Walk the 30 feet or so from the lobby to the restaurant and not a single server or bar person were wearing masks, as they are not hotel employees.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I had a trip planned last March and I have to say the hotel was great about letting me cancel at the last minute with no penalty. It was back when the people were causing all the problems at Spring Break (how a college kid can afford Miami beach is beyond me) and they had the curfew and I found out at the last minute. Hotel gave me no hassle at all cancelling the reservation due to it even though the curfew was out of their control.
Yeah, I wasn't aware of spring break when I booked. It was quite manic further down Ocean drive, and after we left to go to Key west, I heard a couple of days later that there were a few shootings and a curfew came in, mandating thateveryone had to be off Ocean by 12 midnight. Apparently last year they closed all the bridges from MIA to MIA beach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.