FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach {US-FL} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/739081-hilton-bentley-miami-south-beach-us-fl.html)

NJUPINTHEAIR Sep 23, 2007 9:44 am

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach {US-FL}

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...OT5UCSGBJNMVCQ

It is next to the Marriott South Beach.

ENJOY!

KENNECTED Sep 23, 2007 10:06 am

Here is the current website for the property.
www.thebentleybeachhotel.com

Based on the pictures, I don't like what I see. I wonder what Hilton will do to integrate the property.

Now I have an excuse to plan a trip to south Florida.

NJUPINTHEAIR Sep 23, 2007 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite (Post 8449038)
Here is the current website for the property.
www.thebentleybeachhotel.com

Based on the pictures, I don't like what I see. I wonder what Hilton will do to integrate the property.

Now I have an excuse to plan a trip to south Florida.

Most tripadvisor reviews of the hotel were positive.

KENNECTED Sep 23, 2007 10:27 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR (Post 8449079)
Most tripadvisor reviews of the hotel were positive.

Good to hear as I don't cheat on FlyerTalk by reading tripadvisor. :p

MIKESILV Sep 23, 2007 10:28 am

I havent been inside the Bentley property but it looked quite nice from the outside. Location has some advantages its close to the beach, somewhat away from the "crazy SOBE scene" and is primarily residential/lodging and best of all is one block away from my favorite Miami restaurant.

Better be good at Cat 6.:)

mike

BNAChairman Sep 23, 2007 11:50 am

The web site claims the property will be up and running this month. They must be way behind schedule as the reservations tab is greyed out. I'll be in South Beach in October and would like to give this property a try to compare it to the Surfcomber, but it looks like that won't happen.

KENNECTED Sep 23, 2007 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman (Post 8449430)
The web site claims the property will be up and running this month. They must be way behind schedule as the reservations tab is greyed out. I'll be in South Beach in October and would like to give this property a try to compare it to the Surfcomber, but it looks like that won't happen.

I was thinking the same thing, oh well, I'm sure one of us Forumers will get to this property soon and post a comprehensive review! :D

I agree it will be nice to have second Hilton property, again, below 45 street. BNAChairman, if your trip is late in October you still may have a chance. Maybe I'll give the Diamond desk a call and see if they have any definitive information on the properties opening.

troyintn Sep 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Overall this is good to hear.

NJUPINTHEAIR Sep 23, 2007 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite (Post 8449128)
Good to hear as I don't cheat on FlyerTalk by reading tripadvisor. :p

:confused:

KENNECTED Sep 23, 2007 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR (Post 8450474)
:confused:

Meaning I don't visit that website. I get all my travel information here on FT!

Keep up, you're usually quicker than that! LOL :p

NJUPINTHEAIR Sep 23, 2007 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite (Post 8450712)
Meaning I don't visit that website. I get all my travel information here on FT!

Keep up, you're usually quicker than that! LOL :p

Didn't get my shot of java until much later -- now I get it. :)

sntraveler Sep 24, 2007 9:27 pm

It's an existing property that's converting. I stopped in about two weeks ago to check it out and they didn't know the official date yet at reception desk. It's more of a boutique type rather than large resort. Rooms are all suite type from what she told me. Seems to be condo/hotel type property. Supposantly good new locals resturant on Ocean Ave side. It's right across the street from Prime 112 and Devito's. Quieter section of S Beach, but close walk to the action. I stay at the Surfcomber fairly often and looking forward to trying this one, as I'm not all that wild about the DT and should be a nice step up even though a small property.

RLG Oct 11, 2007 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite (Post 8449463)
I'm sure one of us Forumers will get to this property soon and post a comprehensive review!

I stayed there last year. Unfortunately, I don't remember enough details to provide a "comprehensive" review.

The bottom line is the Bentley Beach was quite nice and I'd stay there again. We had a terrific 1 BR with a wrap around balcony and a partial ocean view.

It's a condo and some (all?) of the units are privately owned. I can't say for sure if they are all decorated as nicely as ours.

The building is directly on the beach. No street crossing required to get there. It also has chaise and towel service at the beach. There's also a pool although it's nothing special.

zakami Nov 18, 2007 11:43 am

Any recent reviews?

Any recent reviews of this hotel? I am debating on staying at the Hilton Bentley, Doubletree Surfcomber (lowest priority) or the Conrad Miami for 2 night stay in mid-Jan. The goal is primarily to party so the location of the Bentley or Doubletree might be a little more favorable.

troyintn Nov 18, 2007 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by zakami (Post 8750527)
Any recent reviews of this hotel? I am debating on staying at the Hilton Bentley, Doubletree Surfcomber (lowest priority) or the Conrad Miami for 2 night stay in mid-Jan. The goal is primarily to party so the location of the Bentley or Doubletree might be a little more favorable.

I was at the Conrad, not to long ago. I like the hotel, but it is not near anything.