Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach {US-FL}

Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach {US-FL}

Old Sep 23, 07, 9:44 am
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,720
Arrow Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach {US-FL}

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...OT5UCSGBJNMVCQ

It is next to the Marriott South Beach.

ENJOY!
NJUPINTHEAIR is offline  
Old Sep 23, 07, 10:06 am
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Posts: 10,869
Here is the current website for the property.
www.thebentleybeachhotel.com

Based on the pictures, I don't like what I see. I wonder what Hilton will do to integrate the property.

Now I have an excuse to plan a trip to south Florida.
KENNECTED is offline  
Old Sep 23, 07, 10:16 am
  #3  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,720
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite View Post
Here is the current website for the property.
www.thebentleybeachhotel.com

Based on the pictures, I don't like what I see. I wonder what Hilton will do to integrate the property.

Now I have an excuse to plan a trip to south Florida.
Most tripadvisor reviews of the hotel were positive.
NJUPINTHEAIR is offline  
Old Sep 23, 07, 10:27 am
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Posts: 10,869
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR View Post
Most tripadvisor reviews of the hotel were positive.

Good to hear as I don't cheat on FlyerTalk by reading tripadvisor.
KENNECTED is offline  
Old Sep 23, 07, 10:28 am
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Tampa, Florida, U.S.A.
Posts: 7,665
I havent been inside the Bentley property but it looked quite nice from the outside. Location has some advantages its close to the beach, somewhat away from the "crazy SOBE scene" and is primarily residential/lodging and best of all is one block away from my favorite Miami restaurant.

Better be good at Cat 6.

mike
MIKESILV is offline  
Old Sep 23, 07, 11:50 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 527
The web site claims the property will be up and running this month. They must be way behind schedule as the reservations tab is greyed out. I'll be in South Beach in October and would like to give this property a try to compare it to the Surfcomber, but it looks like that won't happen.
BNAChairman is offline  
Old Sep 23, 07, 12:00 pm
  #7  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Posts: 10,869
Originally Posted by BNAChairman View Post
The web site claims the property will be up and running this month. They must be way behind schedule as the reservations tab is greyed out. I'll be in South Beach in October and would like to give this property a try to compare it to the Surfcomber, but it looks like that won't happen.
I was thinking the same thing, oh well, I'm sure one of us Forumers will get to this property soon and post a comprehensive review!

I agree it will be nice to have second Hilton property, again, below 45 street. BNAChairman, if your trip is late in October you still may have a chance. Maybe I'll give the Diamond desk a call and see if they have any definitive information on the properties opening.
KENNECTED is offline  
Old Sep 23, 07, 2:37 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashville
Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Posts: 5,837
Overall this is good to hear.
troyintn is offline  
Old Sep 23, 07, 4:32 pm
  #9  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,720
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite View Post
Good to hear as I don't cheat on FlyerTalk by reading tripadvisor.

NJUPINTHEAIR is offline  
Old Sep 23, 07, 5:52 pm
  #10  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Posts: 10,869
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR View Post
Meaning I don't visit that website. I get all my travel information here on FT!

Keep up, you're usually quicker than that! LOL
KENNECTED is offline  
Old Sep 23, 07, 8:35 pm
  #11  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 8,720
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite View Post
Meaning I don't visit that website. I get all my travel information here on FT!

Keep up, you're usually quicker than that! LOL
Didn't get my shot of java until much later -- now I get it.
NJUPINTHEAIR is offline  
Old Sep 24, 07, 9:27 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TPA
Programs: CO Platinum HH Diamond SWA Hertz Gold
Posts: 65
It's an existing property that's converting. I stopped in about two weeks ago to check it out and they didn't know the official date yet at reception desk. It's more of a boutique type rather than large resort. Rooms are all suite type from what she told me. Seems to be condo/hotel type property. Supposantly good new locals resturant on Ocean Ave side. It's right across the street from Prime 112 and Devito's. Quieter section of S Beach, but close walk to the action. I stay at the Surfcomber fairly often and looking forward to trying this one, as I'm not all that wild about the DT and should be a nice step up even though a small property.
sntraveler is offline  
Old Oct 11, 07, 11:20 pm
  #13  
RLG
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kamuela, Hawaii
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, AS MVP, HA premier
Posts: 508
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite View Post
I'm sure one of us Forumers will get to this property soon and post a comprehensive review!
I stayed there last year. Unfortunately, I don't remember enough details to provide a "comprehensive" review.

The bottom line is the Bentley Beach was quite nice and I'd stay there again. We had a terrific 1 BR with a wrap around balcony and a partial ocean view.

It's a condo and some (all?) of the units are privately owned. I can't say for sure if they are all decorated as nicely as ours.

The building is directly on the beach. No street crossing required to get there. It also has chaise and towel service at the beach. There's also a pool although it's nothing special.
RLG is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 11:43 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: SNA
Posts: 2,562
Any recent reviews?

Any recent reviews of this hotel? I am debating on staying at the Hilton Bentley, Doubletree Surfcomber (lowest priority) or the Conrad Miami for 2 night stay in mid-Jan. The goal is primarily to party so the location of the Bentley or Doubletree might be a little more favorable.
zakami is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 12:18 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashville
Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Posts: 5,837
Originally Posted by zakami View Post
Any recent reviews of this hotel? I am debating on staying at the Hilton Bentley, Doubletree Surfcomber (lowest priority) or the Conrad Miami for 2 night stay in mid-Jan. The goal is primarily to party so the location of the Bentley or Doubletree might be a little more favorable.
I was at the Conrad, not to long ago. I like the hotel, but it is not near anything.
troyintn is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: