Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM,Alaska MVP Gold, HH Diamond
Thumbs up another option: Doubletree Suites Southcenter

A bit offtopic as it's not a review as OP indicated, but an option since the review was hardly stellar!

Here at this hotel, which is within 5 min of SEA. Very nice- my first stay in a D'tree Suites. It won't be my last! Atrium style hotel, ala an ES but without the typical flora and waterfalls I do enjoy. John Q Hammons ES's are the best. Other than that, it's very reminiscent of them. Nice looking bar (with 8 beers on tap ^), of which I was able to enjoy while viewing sev'l widescreen TV's. Has a standard looking b'fast buffet. Amazing aroma from the ribs and seafood served in back of me.

Room: got Diamond upgrade to a corner suite. Very large & spacious - 2 TV's, large living & bedrooms, large bathroom. Not over the top plush, but still nice. Hotel is surrounded by the mall ,and numerous restaurants such as Outback. Walk to a movie theatre if you'd like.

So far, all positive. No clue on parking fees as the shuttle took me here. I'm back on thurs for flight out, will report back on food and remaining beer choices
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Doubletree Guest Suites Seattle Airport/Southcenter
16500 Southcenter Parkway, Seattle, Washington, United States 98188-3388
Tel: 1-206-575-8220 Fax: 1-206-575-4743

AAA Hotel Diamond Rating: <> <> <>
Hilton HHonors Reward Category: 4 (30,000 points per night

The property is near the intersections of I-405 and I-5, immediately off of Highway 518 ((51st Ave So. and Southcenter Pkwy) ) adjacent to Westfield Shoppingtown Southcenter Mall, Nordstsroms etc. as well as restaurants), about three miles ssw from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport / SEA. Parking is free, and they offer park and fly rates.

The property is indeed situated around a central, enclosed court which encloses the bar and NW Landing Restaurant restaurant, and a 24-hour business center; the property has 221 suites 430 sq ft / 40 sq meter or larger distributed on eight floors. This seems to be a popular meeting spot, with plenty of conference rooms, as well as a shop, pool and Whirlpool, workout room and sauna.

This is a Cathedral Hills Associates cha Hotels property, and is in need of some refurbishment IMO - lots of small "it looks worn" stuff in spite of the statement on the website of its being "freshly renovated,", but the customer service is very good. cha also owns the Doubletree Hotel Dallas near the Galleria mall.

We had a late arrival planned, so I called ahead of time to let them know we would likely be in ~11:00 PM at SEA. When we did arrive, I called and the van took less than fifteen minutes to fetch us and a further ten or so minutes to the property. Check-in was uncomplicated, we got our cookies, a welcome letter and a chit for breakfast buffet the next morning and keys to 1316, a corner non-smoking suite, in which there were two complimentary bottles of water.

The suite is entered via an ES-type door with a clear class area next to the door covered by a translucent and blackout curtains, leading into a large living-room type room with a sofa and overstuffed chair and table, faced by a gutted cabinet with a flat-screen television; in a niche was the cabinetry with minimally functioning fridge, microwave and wet bar, and adjacent to the bedroom door is a trestle type desk with task chair and lamp, and it appeared an Ethernet connection and WiFi is advertised (we did not have time to try the HSIA here, as we were out early the next morning on our next itinerary leg).

The bedroom is smallish, standard king bed with duvet, five pillows and lamps on bedside cabinets, and a vestibule with closet on one side and vanity with sin on the other flank - followed by the door to the bathroom itself, with a tub-shower enclosure and toilet, with switch operated light and (loud) fan.

Amenities were "light" (soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion), towels were large, furniture medium- color wood with some significant wear, and some of the electric sockets were loose on prongs - lots of use, hot water was quick and copious.

Breakfast buffet was fairly decent for a Doubletree - fruits, juices, cereals (hot and cold), scrambled eggs and scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, sausage, decent biscuits and gravy, French toast and breakfast burritos (any Mexican would truly have difficulty with this concept!), hot and cold breads, decent coffee, etc. and the entire thing is covered by the breakfast chit - not a credit or fixed amount.

Would we stay here again? If it is competitive to other decent Hilton-family properties in the area, "yes", given it is all suites, walking-close to restaurants and shopping, has 24 hour shuttle service to / from SEA and has reasonably good customer service - if we are looking for an airport-situated hotel.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 3, 2010 at 12:43 pm Reason: update
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:30 am

Just had to mention I just completed a stay at the DT Arctic Club downtown Seattle, and fell in love with the property. Perfect location, great history to the property and wonderful staff.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
HHonors Gold Breakfast

Has anyone stayed at this hotel (Doubletree Seattle Airport-Southcenter) lately? Will be staying here with my family later this month. Have booked two rooms on the reservation. Do they offer free breakfast to everyone? Or, will we only receive two free breakfast vouchers per night given my HHonors Gold status?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by sannmann
Has anyone stayed at this hotel (Doubletree Seattle Airport-Southcenter) lately? Will be staying here with my family later this month. Have booked two rooms on the reservation. Do they offer free breakfast to everyone? Or, will we only receive two free breakfast vouchers per night given my HHonors Gold status?
A bump, with my apologies to Ben Stein and John Hughes.

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
The standard offering is two coupons for the breakfast per Gold or Diamond (presuming your My Way settings are set that way). If you ask nicely at check-in, they may issue you more. Good luck!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:40 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
A two-night stay earlier this week....

After a misconnect, arrived at Seatac at 12:45 a.m. Called the hotel (which I had called earlier simply to ask -- and received an affirmative answer -- "Do you have a 24 hour shuttle?") for shuttle. Was told to get a cab and have driver come in and hotel would pay. Cab driver was NOT happy. Not at all. He expressed his displeasure quite vocally. While I don't blame him, it's a little unnerving....

Was upgraded to a nice (and big!) corner king suite. No complaints, all the toilet/tub/shower room could use some updating.

Breakfast on the first morning was a zoo. Reminded of the worst of the Embassy Suites cattle-car breakfasts. Lots of what looked like high school sports teams. Staff seemed unprepared for the onslaught (although I wonder why that is? Surely the hotel knows about occupancy and could have extra staff on such mornings?)

Second morning was nice and peaceful and quiet at breakfast.

Very good selection both mornings, although the, as so often the case at hotels, too many melons passing for fruit. (I guess they're cheap).

Shuttle to airport quick.

Would definitely stay again, particularly for the rate.

Very nearby lots of walkable interesting places to eat. And the small but lovely Tukwila Pond is immediately adjacent. You'd never know you were in the middle of major exurbia. And you can learn some things about wetlands

ETA: Almost forgot. The seafood pasta from room service is incredible, simply incredible.

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 4, 2012 at 7:06 pm
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, HHonors Diamond
I end up here a couple times each year, for multiple nights each time. Usually upgraded to the large corner suite, but I've experienced the standard suites as well. Both are very nice, and while aspects of the hotel (and rooms) show age, others are brand new. The staff is always quite friendly. I don't each on-site often, but when I do, it's always solid. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, including a great Thai place and a great Japanese place in the strip mall right behind it.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by Zach1213
There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, including a great Thai place and a great Japanese place in the strip mall right behind it.
The great Japanese place in the strip mall is Miyabi - one of the best sushi restaurants in the Seattle area. A must-visit for us when we pass through SEA and overnight at the DTGS.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
My MyWay settings are set to 1k bonus points, but I have found some hotels offer the breakfast coupon anyway. Is this hotel liberal with breakfast coupons?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: HHGold
Double Tree Seattle-Southcenter Stay

First of all I would like to state that I have NEVER emailed, talked to the desk or voiced my complaints about a stay until now. I am in management and understand small things slip through the cracks and people are rushed to do their jobs in todays world.

We checked in to the Double Tree Seattle-Southcenter on Dec. 15th. Got the always happy welcome with a warm cookie. Entered our room and immediately smelled a horrid stench. A quick look around our suite we found the toilet was not cleaned (problem 1). And I mean not cleaned...use your imagination. We then were unpacking and found a pair of dirty shoes inside the TV cabinet with a bag of soiled clothes (problem 2). I started to think we were given the key to another guests room. Quick call to the desk and everything was handle promptly. Ordered some GREAT tasting room service. While eating checked out my tab and out of 5 items ordered we were charged a higher price than listed on the menu (problem 3). The hotel was nice and quiet and we got a good nights sleep. Woke up for the breakfast and was seated at a booth. Both coffee cups had a crusted substance running down them looking like eggs and pancakes were mixed in them (problem 4). Server grabbed them promptly as we both noticed it at the same time and then he basically scolded a younger female server in the middle of the atrium.

I am a loyal Hilton guest. All in all the food was great, customer service exceptional and the stay was relaxing. The cleanliness of this property needs to be addressed. And please.....upgrade your in room dining menu with the prices that you will ACTUALLY be charging.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by saia06912
First of all I would like to state that I have NEVER emailed, talked to the desk or voiced my complaints about a stay until now. I am in management and understand small things slip through the cracks and people are rushed to do their jobs in todays world.

We checked in to the Double Tree Seattle-Southcenter on Dec. 15th. Got the always happy welcome with a warm cookie. Entered our room and immediately smelled a horrid stench. A quick look around our suite we found the toilet was not cleaned (problem 1). And I mean not cleaned...use your imagination. We then were unpacking and found a pair of dirty shoes inside the TV cabinet with a bag of soiled clothes (problem 2). I started to think we were given the key to another guests room. Quick call to the desk and everything was handle promptly. Ordered some GREAT tasting room service. While eating checked out my tab and out of 5 items ordered we were charged a higher price than listed on the menu (problem 3). The hotel was nice and quiet and we got a good nights sleep. Woke up for the breakfast and was seated at a booth. Both coffee cups had a crusted substance running down them looking like eggs and pancakes were mixed in them (problem 4). Server grabbed them promptly as we both noticed it at the same time and then he basically scolded a younger female server in the middle of the atrium.

I am a loyal Hilton guest. All in all the food was great, customer service exceptional and the stay was relaxing. The cleanliness of this property needs to be addressed. And please.....upgrade your in room dining menu with the prices that you will ACTUALLY be charging.

Sorry sir but you lost me after you started "unpacking" after noticing the horrid stench from a very dirty toilet.

Why would you want to stay in that room after that???? Makes no sense whatsoever. Even if you don't complain much, I think most people would have left the room immediately and gone back down to the front desk to speak to the manager.

Cannot even comment anymore because the way you handled the toliet issue is totally ridiculous. Seriously, can't even fathom (especially someone in management like you stated)how anyone can walk into what you described and only called the front desk after noticing soiled clothes in a tv cabinet.

This has to be 1 of the most bizarre posts I have ever read on a travel site.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
My MyWay settings are set to 1k bonus points, but I have found some hotels offer the breakfast coupon anyway. Is this hotel liberal with breakfast coupons?
Oddly, the hotel hands out a card to HH Gold members listing "HH Gold benefits" and "additional benefits at this property;" in the latter, they include "both MyWay benefits." My setting is "breakfast," though, and I didn't get the points.

The good Thai restaurant mentioned by others is Bai Tong, in the adjacent strip mall (heading the opposite direction from the Westfield mall); I've always had a great meal there.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:21 pm

I'm in the midst of a two-plus stay at this hotel (with some sidetrips to the HGI In Renton). Overall, my impressions are roughly the same as past trips. The suites are functionally okay, though the mix of acoutrements varies (refrigerator, microwave, both, neither...). The styling is dated and dark (for my tastes).

The fitness center is still good, with some new/replacement equipment. Really no complaints about this area that tends to attract a lot of complaints from me elsewhere.

Breakfast is good, with a choice of a decent buffet or menu. Service is usually pretty good in the restaurant, at breakfast anyway.

Front desk is good service too, so far. Nice location and free parking.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Staying at this place now. There is a charge for overnight parking. Breakfast is full buffet for diamonds. The location can’t be better as the South Center mall is across the street. Within five minutes walk there is an excellent Japanese restaurant Miyabi. If you prefer American, there is an Outback Steakhouse outside of the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.