Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport - Southcenter {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2006, 3:09 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Originally Posted by Uniter
I'm staying here next week for a conference ... I've read about a $10 certificate for breakfast. Anyone have any more information on this? Thanks!
They issued me a $10 certificate on each of my stays. It was good for breakfast or if you preferred toward dinner or drinks in the dining room or bar.

^ ^
Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rjwx2man
I had one of the best hotel experiences I have had in many a year at this property. I was to arrive at DoubleTree around noon time on Friday the 17th; but was significantly delayed due to all the weather problems in Chicago Thursday and the eastern U.S. Friday. By the way, this property is newly renovated and is top-notch, suites are huge, well furnished with two flat screen tv's. I will return for sure. We hear so many horror stories today; I thought this one was worth sharing.

Is this the location right by the airport, or the one near Southcenter Mall?? I will be staying in a few weeks and would love to know.

Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
Is this the location right by the airport, or the one near Southcenter Mall?? I will be staying in a few weeks and would love to know.

Thanks!
I think there is discussion in this thread of both. The Doubletree Guest Suites is near Southcenter and the Doubletree Airport is near the airport.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:38 pm

Programs: United Premier; HHonors Gold
I also had a great experience at this hotel on a cheap rate. It was a couple of years ago, but I had a $79 rate, got a 25% off dinner coupon, and a $10 voucher for breakfast. On top of the cookie at the desk, I was upgraded to a suite overlooking a lake. When I didn't have any water waiting in the room, they brought up a platter of cookies and bottles of water. Wonderful service.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by coachigdon
I also had a great experience at this hotel on a cheap rate. It was a couple of years ago, but I had a $79 rate, got a 25% off dinner coupon, and a $10 voucher for breakfast. On top of the cookie at the desk, I was upgraded to a suite overlooking a lake. When I didn't have any water waiting in the room, they brought up a platter of cookies and bottles of water. Wonderful service.
Just for anyone who has lost track, the above post is about the Seattle Airport DT and not the DTGS at Southcenter, the original subject of this thread.

I prefer the DTGS myself. Parking is free. They give Diamonds a full buffet breakfast (at least last time I stayed there they did) while the $10 voucher at the SEA DT property doesn't cover the full buffet. The DTGS is a guaranteed suite and I can get a nonsmoking suite at that. The SEA DT suites allow smoking (again, last time I was there) and some of them smell like it. Just my 2 cents.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 5:34 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Thanks for clearing that up ... what kind of town has two airport Doubletrees? Can you imagine how many people a week show up at one when they have a reservation at the other?
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:45 pm

Actually the SEA DT is right at the airport while the DTGS at Southcenter is several miles away. But they do both have airport shuttles and I have heard shuttle drivers make sure that their customers are getting on the right one.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 1:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Jeeves
I think there is discussion in this thread of both. The Doubletree Guest Suites is near Southcenter and the Doubletree Airport is near the airport.

I was trying to ask which one just had a renovation recently done. I guess I didn't do a very good job!!

It was mentioned that one had just been renovated and had plasmas in the room. Anyone know which location that is, the airport or the Southcenter location?

Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2006, 8:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
I was trying to ask which one just had a renovation recently done. I guess I didn't do a very good job!!

It was mentioned that one had just been renovated and had plasmas in the room. Anyone know which location that is, the airport or the Southcenter location?

Thanks!
From what I can tell, the one that was recently renovated was the DoubleTree Guest Suites at Southcenter, about 3 miles from the airport.

Here's a link to the hotel's page.

http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/h...tyhocn=SEASPDT
Old Jun 14, 2006, 6:49 pm

I'm at the Southcenter right now. Definitely no plasma TVs in my room. But I did get a coupon for the breakfast buffet. Seems like a nice place.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:13 am

Had a one night stay last week at the DTGS and was upgraded as Diamond to one of the larger corner suites. The TV in the living room was of the old standard Philips variety but the TV in the bedroom was one of the new HDTV types -- not sure if it was plasma or not (I'm not up on all of that) but it was only a few inches thick and the screen had the proportions of a movie screen. I don't think the TV signal was HDTV, but we preferred the picture to the old one in the living room. So apparently some of the rooms do have upgraded TV equipment.

Other than that, the A/C was a bit weak so we were glad to be able to open a window over night. And the free breakfast buffet was fine, with an especially great wait staff.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 5:09 pm

You can actually use the buffet coupon to order anything off the menu. IMO, the buffet didn't look too great, so I had a nice omelet.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:13 am

Programs: AA, UA, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
DTGS at Southcenter

can anybody emphasize on any restaurants nearby? and their proximity? thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:12 pm

Doubletree Guest Suites Seattle Airport/Southcenter

stayed at the above last friday -
In summary, cheap rate (>100usd), 5 mins from airport, good breakfast (coupon offered at checkin), smart decor, no complaints
Old Jul 7, 2007, 8:49 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I was not impressed with the DT Southcenter. Stayed there last night. Restaurant closed at 10 PM. Bar closed at 11 PM (even on Friday / Saturday). Hilton Clock in room Alarm did not work. Fortunately, I had set a backup alarm or I would have missed my flight.

Next time if the rates are at all close, I will stay at the real DT at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.