Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Hotel Ocean Point - North Miami Beach {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Hotel Ocean Point - North Miami Beach {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:35 pm

Great Memorial Day Weekend!

Checked in and was able to obtain a HHonor Gold upgrade from a one bedroom to a two bedroom oceanfront! Complimentary full breakfast for two, free internet as well. Chairs on beach are charged to the room if you use them $10/chair and 15/umbrella.

We loved our stay and suite! Extra large and views were spectacular! Walgreens across the street, a gourmet grocery store two blocks down as well as a full grocery store in the same block! We are planning our next trip back to the Doubletree Ocean Point! Loved having the full kitchen for quick meals!^
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Diamond benefits at Doubletree Ocean Point Resort and Spa

Hello,

What are the Diamond Benefits at the Doubletree Ocean Point Resort and Spa? This is my first time staying there as a Diamond. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:36 pm

This may seem like a crazy suggestion, but have you considered calling the property to get current and instantaneous information? Just a wild idea...
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See some of these threads listing others experiences as Diamond:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ach-north.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15622282-post119.html
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks Jerry a laska for your help!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 3:53 pm

Hi NickEWR,
As a Diamond member you will get Room upgrade if available, complimentary Internet, complimentary continental breakfast for two and points of course :-). There are also on property perks and promotions that the hotel does at times to thank you for your loyalty :-). Let me know when are you coming. I could be contacted at [email protected]. See you soon! Galina
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
This may seem like a crazy suggestion, but have you considered calling the property to get current and instantaneous information? Just a wild idea...
why bother with this nasty[ unhelpful] response? Not in the spirit of flyer talk.. Did your mother not teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:36 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Anyone been to this place recently?

Seems like not very much said here on FT about the place.

I did find some fairly detailed reviews and photos elsewhere,

http://www.oyster.com/miami/hotels/d...i-beach-north/
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Checked in today for a weekend stay on points. Upgraded to a beautiful 2 bedroom ocean view suite. Pretty happy. Very nice property!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I stayed here last evening, I booked an Oceanview One Bedroom Suite and in the comments asked for one with a good view of the ocean and at least days 2-3 days prior to arrival I noticed my reservation had changed to a 2BR/2BTH Oceanview Suite and a few days prior I also received a nice welcoming e-mail from Meaghan from the front desk introducing herself and asking if I had any questions (nice touch). On arriving, I was offered a bag of goodies for being a HHonors Vip (Included a welcome card with a handwritten note from Meaghan) along with the customary cookie, which had an apple, an orange and some snack mix (again, nice touch) in a small reusable bag with the hotel logo on the side. The 2 BR suite had a nice sized balcony for the living room as well as a small one for the Master bedroom. Suite is listed as 1,500 sq ft and it was accordingly spacious. There is a small kitchenette with plates/glassware in the cabinets (the kitchenette showed the real “age” of the facility as did some spots in the bathroom) and small dining area. The second bedroom had two doubles and standard bathroom (I believe it had separate shower/bath but only glanced in there). There is a lot of closet space in the main bedroom linking the bedroom and master bathroom which had a big standing bath and separate shower. There were no robes (or slippers) which I thought odd (upon checking out when I mentioned that they said they provide robes and slippers upon request (Hyatt has a laundry list of items you can order in their bathrooms which you can call down for, even delineating what you can borrow versus have). After staying at the Curio Diplomat the night before it was a bit frumpy but more spacious and definitely a good candidate to stay at if you are staying several days and like having microwave/full fridget/oven et al. Breakfast was a tad disappointing only because I have become accustomed to getting full breakfast at all the Doubletrees I usually stay at as it was Continental with a $6 add on for hot (which I declined).
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Curious if anyone has stayed here recently and has anything to report on the condition of the property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.