Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Hotel Ocean Point - North Miami Beach {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Hotel Ocean Point - North Miami Beach {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2005, 3:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
Arrow DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Hotel Ocean Point - North Miami Beach {US-FL}

anyone have info on diamond upgrade policy there?
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
DT Ocean Point Resort & Spa - any recent stays?

I did a search but only came up with a post (#10) that there was construction going on there last year.

Anyone have any recent stays, any other comments about recognition of HH status / benefits? Okay place for younger kids?

I am thinking of doing a couple night family stay there in the next week or two.
If not the DT Ocean Point, any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited by infinityplusone; Feb 19, 2006 at 10:52 pm Reason: to add link to other post.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 5:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I have a reservation there later this spring and noticed on the DT website that they claim their rooms are suitable only for 2 people. I assume they're talking about their basic room with 2 doubles, not the many suites that are larger. That might affect your plans for a family stay depending on your space needs for your kids.

This place may have become a DT only relatively recently. A couple of travel books I was looking at don't make any mention of the "DT" in the hotel name.

I would also appreciate any reviews. A couple of other travel sites have some positive things to say about this place as a quieter alternative to the very busy South Beach area, but they don't mention HH benefits. I was planning on calling the hotel to ask about benefits before my stay anyway but actual experiences from FT'ers are always helpful.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Feb 20, 2006 at 7:14 am Reason: spelling
Old May 31, 2006, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Good: Recognition of Diamond Status; Bad: Handling problems with room; Ugly (and noisy): Construction next door.

Two of us stayed there one night last week. In short, I don't think I'd stay there again unless/until the construction next to the north tower is done.

The upgraded room they had chosen for us in the south tower was not available at their 4:00 check-in time. No other rooms in the south tower were available. We waited until the chosen room was ready. When we got to the room it was very warm and I couldn't get the A/C to turn on. After two calls for help and no one showing up (even though they said they'd send someone up "right away") we went back to the front desk and decided to accept a north tower room. The young woman at the front desk acted as though she were doing us a BIG favor by giving us a new room. Really poor customer service attitude. When I politely asked for the DT cookies that we hadn't been offered when we first checked in, she acted as though I were trying to steal something.

The story goes on and on, but the new room had A/C and lots of construction noise. No ice in the ice-maker in the fridge, no ice machines in the hall, and a very long wait to get ice from Housekeeping. After a few other small issues came up I called the Hotel Manager, who had included his name on the welcome letter with a request for guests to call him if he could help with anything. He never responded to the message I left on his voicemail, either that day or the next.

The hotel did give breakfast buffets to us in recognition of Diamond status and they did upgrade our room one level without me asking. But they need to work on their customer service attitude.

Edited to add: This DT is in Sunny Isles FL, just north of Miami Beach.

Last edited by Westcoaster; May 31, 2006 at 6:38 pm
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:29 pm

Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North

I'm staying at the Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa - Miami Beach North just after Christmas. Anyone have any experience? Is it worth using 35k points a night? Is it near the beach or on the beach? I booked it last minute so there's not a lot available in the area. Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:03 pm

Doubletree North Miami

Stayed there last week for one night. As Diamond, got upgraded to a very nice 2 bedrooom, 2.5 bath ocean view suite with 3 balconies (1 real balcony and 2 small ones off the bedrooms) on a high floor. The hotel is right on the beach, has a pool and spa (which I didn't use).

Property is new and very nice. Some issues: the internet was down (...!), and parking is valet only ($18).

Until the new Hilton on Ft lauderdale beach opens, this is worth the points.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:05 pm

Thank you
Old Dec 21, 2006, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
I stayed here about a month ago, paid stay. As a diamond I too was upgraded to a 2 Bedroom suite. Altough it was a low floor. it is right on the beach. If you have a car I think it is a great location. Quiet and pretty low key. The morning breakfast is pretty basic, but okay. if you want Wolfie's Deli is accross the street. It is a fun nostolgic place to eat.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 7:59 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Doubletree Ocean Point Resort and Spa, North Miami

Does anyone have any experience staying in this hotel?
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Angry Do A Search Already!

Originally Posted by last2board
Does anyone have any experience staying in this hotel?
This is getting ridiculous, the moderators have asked us to do a search and post in the appropriate threads.

Many people have gone to a lot of trouble to consolidate threads - as indicated in the sticky thread above - and a search would have brought up information about this property.

Do a search, post in the appropriate thread and ask specific questions about the property, as "any experience staying in this hotel" is pretty broad/vague.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:24 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
I did search. The terms I used were "Doubletree Ocean Point", "Doubletree North Miami", "Doubletree Sunny Isles", "Miami Resort", and all the prevously mentioned sans "Doubletree". I got several long lists, but did not find this resort.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by last2board
I did search. The terms I used were "Doubletree Ocean Point", "Doubletree North Miami", "Doubletree Sunny Isles", "Miami Resort", and all the prevously mentioned sans "Doubletree". I got several long lists, but did not find this resort.

oh...for the heck of it...here is one of the many I found.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ubletree+Ocean
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:56 pm

I loved this place! We were upgraded as Diamonds to a great 1BR apartment, plus had the breakfast buffet. It's right on the beach, and easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. We're going back Thanksgiving. If you can do without a car, you'll save on pricey $18 per night parking.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:03 pm

We just returned from a 3 night stay there and give it a mixed review. Location is great. Right on the beach and within walking distance to restaurants and convenience stores.

We had a 1bdr unit which was roomy, including a spacious bathroom with seperate shower and whirlpool tub. Even a bidet. A large walk-in closet was a bonus. Room was worn but very clean.

We were disappointed that while it was advertised with a washer/dryer, it is actually shared with the unit next to you. Not an ideal situation, as the washer is located in a vestibule that you share with the other unit. So while your neighbor is doing their laundry, you hear it at full volume. Our neighbors were particularly loud and so if you are at all sensitive to noise, then this may be an issue.

The construction on the south side continues and they were working on Saturday early. We didn't hear any construction on Sunday.

The pool area and beach are nice but be prepared to pay for beach chairs/umbrellas (there is a Walgreens across the street which sells beach chairs for the same price as 1 day's rental).

Except for one member of the front desk staff who hasn't mastered the concept of customer service, all were friendly and helpful, including housekeeping, bar, valet, and the rest of the frontline staff.

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 1:00 pm

Stayed for two nights this week. As a gold had comped room service breakfast, and was able to order anything we wanted off the menu. Also had comped internet, even though that is not the amenity I have in my HHonors profile. Mandatory valet parking (with in and out) was $25 a night. Our 2BR 2BA suite including full kitchen, with wraparound balcony and we were on the ocean facing side of the hotel. There was a bit of wear showing in various places in the suite. Front desk was a mixed bag, some quite warm, one person not so much. Would probably stay again, if traveling with a group, since the suite was much nicer in terms of the extra space and having the full kitchen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.