Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (at terminal 4) {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Did you book via Londontown.com or Hilton.com for the 51 GBP rate?
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
The LHR hilton needs a remodel... The rooms are VERY tired now.

For a modern'ish Hilton, try the Hilton Paddington (under 4 years old or so?)
Old Nov 13, 2003, 6:01 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I usually find the LHR Hilton a pleasant place for a one-night stay. The room is adequate for me and it is quite modern.

Check-in for Gold and Diamond members was done at a separate desk, near the Concierge desk, and it was useful. I had been upgraded to an Executive room, which was quite modern, and adequate in size for me, perhaps a bit smallish for two persons.

High speed Internet access was available in the room for a reasonable price (around 15 pounds per day). Low-speed Internet access was available at a high price in the business centre (9 pounds per half-hour) and using a telephone was also expensive.

Brasserie brekfast (18.5 pounds) was good. I used the Asian restaurant the last time I stayed at the LHR Hilton; it was adequate, but the bill could not be charged to my room.

I haven't had time to use the swimming pool. Would someone know its length ?

The current standard rate is a bit expensive (198.5 pounds, inclusive of tax) when I compare it to the CDG Hilton or the CDG Sheraton.

One final note : if you need to get back to the hotel by public transport (tube or Heathrow Express) late at night, you should keep in mind that the T4 stations close at 23:45.

[This message has been edited by JOUY31 (edited Nov 13, 2003).]
Old Nov 13, 2003, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GfL
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AmericanFtWorthTX:
Regarding the "walk", it's pleasant and give you time to streach ones legs from the long flight.</font>
Pleasant!! The walk is an 8-minute slog through an unheated, concrete-and-plastic tunnel that is frequently littered with cigarette butts. Then, as PremEx accurately notes, you arrive at a place that is roughly on a par with Folsom Prison when it comes to congenial design.

I don't have huge issues with the rooms at this hotel, but they are strikingly dull in design and lack even the hint of a human touch. When you're stuck at an airport hotel and have no opportunity to see anything besides airport decor for long stretches of time, it would be nice to see something beyond gray carpets and off-white walls.

One annoying thing is that the room phones I've encountered there are single-line and have no data port for the modem jack.

Unfortunately, I am forced to stay at this property from time to time, due to flight schedules. But I avoid it absolutely as much as possible. I stayed recently at the Hilton Paddington for the first time and really liked it. If I have the opportunity to get myself into this place from now on instead of Hilton Heathrow, I'll do it.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 3:24 pm

&gt; I used the Asian restaurant the last time I stayed at the LHR Hilton; it was adequate, but the bill could not be charged to my room.

I have eaten at the Asian restaurant back in Sept. and could charge my bill to the room.

&gt; I haven't had time to use the swimming pool. Would someone know its length ?

I have also used the swimming pool. Smallish pool - 10 to 12m long? - but I was the only one using it so it felt really good. Could quickly feel overcrowded, though.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 9:43 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Another pleasant and uneventful stay at the LHR Hilton.

- upgrade, as usual, to the Executive floor
- no sign, this time, for a separate check-in for Gold and Diamond members, but the regular check-in line was quite short
- pleasant dinner at the Brasserie

I have no problems with the rooms and I find them quite restful and I like the high-speed internet access.

Dinner in the atrium at the Brasserie was quite nice. It sure beats the bland dining room of the Sheraton Heathrow, the uninspired menu of the Sheraton Skyline.

The Hilton Metropole, which is close to Paddington station (I have not tried the Hilton Paddington yet) is huge and breakfast there is a zoo. I very much prefer breakfast at the LHR Hilton.

Regarding the covered walkway, yes it is tedious, yes it can be very cold. But it is better than walking across several roads, without a trolley, under the rain.

Room rates can be high. My last rate (104 pounds including taxes and breakfast) is quite acceptable for an overnight stay at the airport.

I wanted to try the swimming pool, but there was a letter from the general manager, dated 'December 2003', warning that the pool 'is temporarily closed due to unexpected and essential maintenance works'. Oh, well ...
Old Dec 7, 2003, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

1. I've stayed a few times on business (meeting folks from London offices, but quickly flying on to other places).

2. I've loved it. I've always gotten a very nice room, frequently a suite (only once a regular room I think...?).

3. I like the beds, blankets, etc...

4. I always thought the lounge was decent.

5. One morning I was in a rush - didn't stop at the lounge - got tea and a biscuit off a guy at the desk as I was checking out and he refused to be paid or tipped for it.

Overall, I've found it convienyent and decent. I'd be happy to stay again.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Dec 7, 2003, 8:42 pm

For anyone thinking of staying at this hotel, I have an update on my previous postings from our recent stay at during Thanksgiving.

Upgrades - we got upgrade to the fourth floor but no access to lounge, and when I asked for the lounge access, not at my rate I was told. This was at 1 AM when we arrived. When I stopped by at the excutive checkin when we got up, yes access is for gold and higher level regardless of room rate. I was told that the agent at night was 'new'.

New lounge is open (not the two room set up)on fifth floor, and breakfast is continental style. Open at night till 10 PM.

If you get a rate without breakfast, it cost 18.50 pounds per person. Still same hours and hot selection starts at 7 AM.

Also had problems with the family rate, second room at 1/2 price for kids. It was finally honored once I showed the print out from www.hilton.uk.co. I must state that I did have this problem at all the three hilton hotels we used in UK.

For those that want connecting rooms, they are only available on first or second floor, if you want upgrade then you can't get connecting rooms.

For the remark regarding the handicap room, yes they have no tub, its a shower. They should have informed you that you were getting a handicap room. The bed is much lower than regular room beds, much less funiture also.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
London Heathrow Executive Lounge Closed Until 1/5/04

Just returned from London and an overnight stay at the Heathrow location. The executive lounge is closed until 1/5. No explanation. Diamonds are being given comp continental breakfast in the restaurant. Drinks in the bar are expensive and the service is terrible. The hotel is, however, the closest to T4.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for the warning on the exec lounge closure MIABarry.

I was contemplating staying there on New Year's Eve ( early flight to SFO on 1st Jan) but I think I will stay at the Paddington. ( I'm HH Diamond)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 5, 2004, 7:00 am

What is the best way to get to the LHR Hilton from the terminal where AA operates?
Old Feb 5, 2004, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wideman:

What is the best way to get to the LHR Hilton from the terminal where AA operates?
</font>
From Terminals 1, 2 or 3 take the Heathrow Express Train to Terminal 4 (free of charge between Terminals) at Terminal 4 go to departures level, follow Hilton signs to covered walkway.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 7:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
Heathrow

Just checked into a Exec room at the LHR Hilton. Asked if there were any upgrades available and was told that I had already been upgraded due to my gold status. I informed the check-in lady that I had already booked exec floor and her response was to say we dont upgrade after that.

So I call HHonors who informed me that I should be upgraded to at least and exec room and that if I was already in one I should be upgraded to suite or have special in room amenity, such as gowns and water (standard in the exec rooms anyway)

I'm not that bothered but surely there must be some sort of standard arrangement for what do upgrade to and that. Has any one else had this problem?
Old Jun 2, 2004, 7:32 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
My interpretation of the rules is that you got what the perks call for. Sometimes you luck out with a suite but the policy doesn't mention any upgrades from an exec floor room.

OTOH, some European Hilton hotels have been known to take a literal interpretation of the rules and give you an upgrade to an exec floor room but no lounge access or breakfast (the rules say Exec floor OR breakfast). So IMO it's difficult to expect a European Hilton to bend the rules in your favor.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 9:44 am

You should speak to Carolina (I think that is her name, she is from Spain and wears glasses) in the Executive lounge. She is most helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.