Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 1999, 1:44 pm

Owned & Operated!?!?
Old Jun 29, 1999, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
yes, that's exactly what i meant by my us of "o & o"..."owned & operated."

by the way, one thing i left out in my comments above - after my stay, particularly if i've been upgraded, i always follow up with another fax or letter to the GM simply to say thanks or (when appropriate) to praise individual members of the hotel staff.
Old Jun 30, 1999, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
When staying at the Conrad in London as A Gold member, I received an upgrade to a Exec room (not too much different that a regular room). I also received a had written note welcoming me as a Gold member and as a associate of PricewaterhouseCoopers. Apparently the Hotel notices this if the Company name is on the account.
Old Jun 18, 2001, 11:43 pm

Using a VIP GLON reward for less than 6 nights?

Can I use a GLON 100,000 point reward and only stay four or five nights? Four free nights at a "Classic" property is 110,000 and five is 135,000, so I would like to use a GLON award instead of an SC6 or SC7. Has anyone done this?

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I was unable to find it by searching.

Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2001, 1:58 am

I tried to use a VIP 150000 mile award but because the 6 nights were not available they wouldnt book me the 4.
try to book the 6 nights and when u checkin thell them you are checking out early!

------------------
Hyatt Diamond/Hilton Diamond/Starwood Platinum/UA1K-Ansett-WHITE/Qantas-WHITE
Old Jun 19, 2001, 2:09 am

This has been done.
Go ahead and book the 6 nights. Then when you get to the property, tell them at check-in that you're only staying for 5 nights (plans do change).
Old Jun 19, 2001, 5:52 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
I booked 6 nights on a GLON at the Syndey Hilton and only stayed 5. I am surpised at the comments made by tinkybelle. When ever I've booked an award stay reservations have only checked to see if award nights are available. They don't ask what award I using, therefore if I present a 6 night voucher but only stay 4 nobody cares. In fact, the hotel will gain, as they will be paid for a 6 night stay.
Old Jun 19, 2001, 7:58 am

Why wouldn't you just want to stay all 6 nights. After all, they are free...sit back and enjoy and extra one or two free nights on the house.
Old Jun 19, 2001, 7:59 am

or better yet, tell me which nights you are booking but not staying, and I'll stay in your room for free
Old Jun 19, 2001, 4:30 pm

Gaza- the 6 night VIP has to be ordered by Hilton and it was for the following week so they had to make sure the nights were available before ordering the cert.

------------------
Hyatt Diamond/Hilton Diamond/Starwood Platinum/UA1K-Ansett-WHITE/Qantas-WHITE
Old Jun 19, 2001, 9:49 pm

Called Hilton and they said it was no problem to use the GLON for stays shorter than 6 nights. Wish I could use the other two, but I will be on vacation in Spain for two weeks and I want to see a few different places, so I don't want to spend more than 4 or 5 nights in Barcelona.
Old Jun 20, 2001, 6:32 am

I am using an ALON award at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for 5 of 6 nights in December. The sixth night was not available for award redemption. After checking with her supervisor, the reservations agent informed me that it was no problem as long as I understood that the 6th night of the award would be forfeited.
Old Aug 3, 2001, 9:48 am

GOLD VIP GLON upgrade ??

I've already made a reservation for a VIP GLON award for Hawaii. But my GOLD status expires 04/02 and our stay is in 06/02.
However, my wife is GOLD until 04/03. Could
we get an upgrade based on my wife's gold status? Is the upgrade based on my status since the reservation is under my name? Thanks

Old Aug 3, 2001, 11:15 am

Location: Henderson, Nevada--America West-Gold, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, PriorityClub-Platinum, Starwood-Gold
Your reservation is based on your status when you check in. The computer updates your status prior to your stay. This happened to me when I hit Gold last week. I made a reservation as a Silver 1 week prior. 2 days later I hit Gold and when I finally checked in, the computer showed me as Gold. I asked the agent and he told me that the computer updates status as soon as it changes. I hope this helps. P.S. you might want to change your reservation to your wife. Thats just my opinion though.
Old Aug 3, 2001, 5:57 pm
Suspended

or just sign up for the newest promotion and get Gold until 2003.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.