Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:04 am

I am Hilton Gold and wanted to knoe answers to a few of my questions
1. If staying for 5 nights give me 20% discount on points/cash+points redemption as well or only paid nights ???
2. Is this valid on level 1 properties as well ???
3. Do Cash portion of Cash+points nights entitles you to Hhonors points ?
4. Cash+points/points night trigger Honors promotions of 2000 poinst per weekend and are they counted towards stay/night credit
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kurjan
If I book a UA flight as Premier Gold or higher, I can get a seat in Economy Plus. If I lose status before the flight, I think I can keep the Economy Plus seat. So it's not as straightforward as "you only get the benefits of your status at the time of check-in".
Actually, if there is anything that causes United to update your reservation (schedule or equipment change, among other things), you'll usually be swept out of the E+ seat.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by Jasjot Sadana
I am Hiltonl and wanted to knoe answers to a few of my questions
1. If staying for 5 nights give me 20% discount on points/cash+points redemption as well or only paid nights ???
2. Is this valid on level 1 properties as well ???
3. Do Cash portion of Cash+points nights entitles you to Hhonors points ?
4. Cash+points/points night trigger Honors promotions of 2000 poinst per weekend and are they counted towards stay/night credit
Being Gold is irrelevant. The 20% points discount is any HHonors member.
1. The 20% discount on 5 nightis good for POINTS award ONLY. Not for paid and not for points & cash.
2.Any property.
3. No. Please read the HHonors T&C or at least do a search on this forum. There are several threads on this
4. i don't believe award nights are excluded from the current promo. However, check the T&C of each promo. Many do exclude award nights, that includes cash & points. Award stays do count toward tier status.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:55 pm

I got my 2000 weekend promo points for a C+P stay last Saturday.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:08 am

I've never booked a HHonors award and am looking to use up all my HHonors acct on a 7-night at Hilton Tokyo (50k pts) and I need some help. I'm looking at the GLON option but I'm not sure about a few things:

My dates are 6/29-7/6.

1. Is GLON award availability different from regular award availability? While I see a bunch of options using points when searching by flexible dates, it shows nothing when I put in "HV707" in the promotion code.

2. If the above question is yes, is this a way for Hhonors to stop members from using GLON awards while they sort out how to devaluate the GLON awards?

3. Are there any way to use GLON/AXON with Conrad Tokyo now?

Thanks guys!
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by gtu2004
I've never booked a HHonors award and am looking to use up all my HHonors acct on a 7-night at Hilton Tokyo (50k pts) and I need some help. I'm looking at the GLON option but I'm not sure about a few things:

My dates are 6/29-7/6.

1. Is GLON award availability different from regular award availability? While I see a bunch of options using points when searching by flexible dates, it shows nothing when I put in "HV707" in the promotion code.

2. If the above question is yes, is this a way for Hhonors to stop members from using GLON awards while they sort out how to devaluate the GLON awards?

3. Are there any way to use GLON/AXON with Conrad Tokyo now?

Thanks guys!
First of all, GLON no longer exists. You cannot book a GLON anywhere.

The discounted scheme is book 5 consecutive nights, get 20% off the point cost. This is for STANDARD awards only. If standards are not available for all 5 nights, no discount.

If you see no award availability for you time period, then most likely standard rooms are not available for all your nights.

You can book an award ONLY if there is standard room availability for all your nights. If they are gone for your time period, you cannot book an award unless you want to book a premium room for lots more points.

The Hilton Tokyo is a Cat 7 hotel. You can still book an AXON7 (145K points) for a 4-night stay before June 15. Again, a standard room MUST be available for all 4 CONSECUTIVE nights. You can play around with your dates to find 4 consecutive days in your time range with standard rooms. The remaining nights you can try for standard awards or pay if premium room points costs are too high (if standard not available).

As of June 15, the AXON prices will all INCREASE. AXON7 will become 190K!!

You can only book AXONS via the Diamond Desk, even if you aren't a Diamond.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
First of all, GLON no longer exists. You cannot book a GLON anywhere.

The discounted scheme is book 5 consecutive nights, get 20% off the point cost. This is for STANDARD awards only. If standards are not available for all 5 nights, no discount.

If you see no award availability for you time period, then most likely standard rooms are not available for all your nights.

You can book an award ONLY if there is standard room availability for all your nights. If they are gone for your time period, you cannot book an award unless you want to book a premium room for lots more points.

The Hilton Tokyo is a Cat 7 hotel. You can still book an AXON7 (145K points) for a 4-night stay before June 15. Again, a standard room MUST be available for all 4 CONSECUTIVE nights. You can play around with your dates to find 4 consecutive days in your time range with standard rooms. The remaining nights you can try for standard awards or pay if premium room points costs are too high (if standard not available).

As of June 15, the AXON prices will all INCREASE. AXON7 will become 190K!!

You can only book AXONS via the Diamond Desk, even if you aren't a Diamond.
Awesome post. very helpful. Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
GLON question

I just booked 3 nights at the Grand Wailea (A Waldorf Astoria property).
It was 162k points, which was a heck of a deal.
The chart I got from Amex shows 4 nights would be 300k, using GLON.
So shall I assume it's not worth it to add a night and use GLON ?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Ramonmv
I just booked 3 nights at the Grand Wailea (A Waldorf Astoria property).
It was 162k points, which was a heck of a deal.
The chart I got from Amex shows 4 nights would be 300k, using GLON.
So shall I assume it's not worth it to add a night and use GLON ?
You should be aware the HHonors changed substantially this year, starting with the complete elimination of GLON (aka VIP) awards.

Grand Wailea is a category 10 property, which means it costs 70K/night in low season and 95K in peak season. (Cat 10 properties can also charge 80K in shoulder season, although it appears that the Grand Wailea only uses the top and bottom of the range.)

A four-night AXON stay would cost 300K points. In low season, that's actually worse than what you'd pay for 4 standard nights.

Your 162K figure makes no sense to me as a total for 3 nights. Are you sure that isn't a per-night rate for a premium room?

I suggest you read my FAQ on HHonors awards, starting with the posts on hotel categories, Fifth Night Free, and AXON, and this summing-up post. (You might also find it helpful to use this Excel spreadsheet, which calculates the best option from among standard, 5NF, and AXON options. Yes, Hilton has made the program that complex.)
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy P, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Disc, FPC, Alaskan, Hawaiian, AA, United, Elevate, Amex
Originally Posted by beltway
You should be aware the HHonors changed substantially this year, starting with the complete elimination of GLON (aka VIP) awards.

Grand Wailea is a category 10 property, which means it costs 70K/night in low season and 95K in peak season. (Cat 10 properties can also charge 80K in shoulder season, although it appears that the Grand Wailea only uses the top and bottom of the range.)

A four-night AXON stay would cost 300K points. In low season, that's actually worse than what you'd pay for 4 standard nights.

Your 162K figure makes no sense to me as a total for 3 nights. Are you sure that isn't a per-night rate for a premium room?

I suggest you read my FAQ on HHonors awards, starting with the posts on hotel categories, Fifth Night Free, and AXON, and this summing-up post. (You might also find it helpful to use this Excel spreadsheet, which calculates the best option from among standard, 5NF, and AXON options. Yes, Hilton has made the program that complex.)
Wow, that's a lot of info. Thank you!
I'll check all of that out.
I found Garden View rooms for 54k a night on select nights in March and May, which is especially good, since Garden view is one step up from Terrace View.
I had a letter from Amex, from back in April, about the discounts, but it listed the 300k for 4 nights, but I'd read elsewhere about a 30% discount, and thought it'd be great if I could add a night, and take another 30% off.
But I pretty much assumed that wouldn't work.
I was going to see about changing to a 5 night stay, getting the 5th night free, but it won't let me see what's available for rewards. I guess because I don't have many points left. I don't have enough points for 4 nights, anyway.

Last edited by Ramonmv; Oct 21, 2013 at 11:37 am
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:56 am

I found Garden View rooms for 54k a night on select nights in March and May, which is especially good, since Garden view is one step up from Terrace View.
I'm not seeing that in the rate calendar, although I do see a per-night rate of 155,600 on some dates in that range. Certainly, a 54K/night rate corresponds to none of the standard redemption options.

I had a letter from Amex, from back in April, about the discounts, but it listed the 300k for 4 nights,
Right -- that's an AXON redemption.

but I'd read elsewhere about a 30% discount, and thought it'd be great if I could add a night, and take another 30% off.
I'm not sure what that would refer to. GLON awards -- which no longer exist -- topped out at a 25% discount for 6+ nights.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I'm not seeing that in the rate calendar, although I do see a per-night rate of 155,600 on some dates in that range. Certainly, a 54K/night rate corresponds to none of the standard redemption options.
That's why I jumped on it when I saw it. I'll plan the rest of my vacation around that.
What's odd with the May dates was that the lowest rate it showed in the search results was 74k per night, but when I chose the dates that had that rate, and scrolled down the next page where you choose the room you want, I found the 54k rate. It was a "Premium Room Reward."
I just double-checked my reservation. 3 nights in a Deluxe Garden Room for 162k points.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 5:18 pm
mmo

That's why I jumped on it when I saw it. I'll plan the rest of my vacation around that.
What's odd with the May dates was that the lowest rate it showed in the search results was 74k per night, but when I chose the dates that had that rate, and scrolled down the next page where you choose the room you want, I found the 54k rate. It was a "Premium Room Reward."
I just double-checked my reservation. 3 nights in a Deluxe Garden Room for 162k points.
Thank you for the hot tip! I booked up for 5 nights at 56K a night Terrace View. 5 nights=280K! I had to do the 5 nights or it would bump up the points if I tried to change it. We are having our 25th wedding anniversary. We can always cancel if we find something else we like better later. I have only stayed here once on a free reward stay we upgraded to the Napua tower for extra points. It was amazing!! ^
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by mmo
Thank you for the hot tip! I booked up for 5 nights at 56K a night Terrace View. 5 nights=280K! I had to do the 5 nights or it would bump up the points if I tried to change it. We are having our 25th wedding anniversary. We can always cancel if we find something else we like better later. I have only stayed here once on a free reward stay we upgraded to the Napua tower for extra points. It was amazing!! ^
Hey, glad I was actually able to help someone else here.
Enjoy your anniversary trip there. I would think they will give you a nice upgrade, if they know it's your 25th Anniversary, and there is something available.

I've only stayed there once. Booked a Terrace view room with 2 free night certificates, and got upgraded to Napua Tower. Loved it. It's nice, being able to travel in off-season (It was May).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.