FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread
Old Apr 28, 2013, 6:42 pm
travelinfoo

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by gtu2004
I've never booked a HHonors award and am looking to use up all my HHonors acct on a 7-night at Hilton Tokyo (50k pts) and I need some help. I'm looking at the GLON option but I'm not sure about a few things:

My dates are 6/29-7/6.

1. Is GLON award availability different from regular award availability? While I see a bunch of options using points when searching by flexible dates, it shows nothing when I put in "HV707" in the promotion code.

2. If the above question is yes, is this a way for Hhonors to stop members from using GLON awards while they sort out how to devaluate the GLON awards?

3. Are there any way to use GLON/AXON with Conrad Tokyo now?

Thanks guys!
First of all, GLON no longer exists. You cannot book a GLON anywhere.

The discounted scheme is book 5 consecutive nights, get 20% off the point cost. This is for STANDARD awards only. If standards are not available for all 5 nights, no discount.

If you see no award availability for you time period, then most likely standard rooms are not available for all your nights.

You can book an award ONLY if there is standard room availability for all your nights. If they are gone for your time period, you cannot book an award unless you want to book a premium room for lots more points.

The Hilton Tokyo is a Cat 7 hotel. You can still book an AXON7 (145K points) for a 4-night stay before June 15. Again, a standard room MUST be available for all 4 CONSECUTIVE nights. You can play around with your dates to find 4 consecutive days in your time range with standard rooms. The remaining nights you can try for standard awards or pay if premium room points costs are too high (if standard not available).

As of June 15, the AXON prices will all INCREASE. AXON7 will become 190K!!

You can only book AXONS via the Diamond Desk, even if you aren't a Diamond.