Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GLON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2003, 8:47 am

suggestions for non-US GLON resort-like property

Noga Hilton in Cannes
St.Lucia Jailousie Hilton

any suggestions/other locations?
Old Jan 9, 2003, 9:25 am

Originally posted by Andy100

Noga Hilton in Cannes
St.Lucia Jailousie Hilton

Just to be precise, both of those properties require a GLONP, not a GLON.

Edited to add: You may want to consider the Hilton Maldives, which currently, for a limited time requires only a GLON. Airfare may be costly though. Also, there is the Caribe Hilton in Puerto Rico, but that requires a GLONP.

[This message has been edited by hhonorman (edited 01-09-2003).]
Old Jan 9, 2003, 10:46 am

I have two:

Cancun Hilton - 100,000 now 175,000 later
Los Cabo Hilton - 100,000 now 150,000 later

http://www.hiltoncancun.com/Index.htm http://www.hiltonloscabos.com

Both great resorts - diamonds and gold both treated very well
Old Jan 10, 2003, 10:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keywestbars:
I have two:

Cancun Hilton - 100,000 now 175,000 later
Los Cabo Hilton - 100,000 now 150,000 later

http://www.hiltoncancun.com/Index.htm http://www.hiltonloscabos.com

Both great resorts - diamonds and gold both treated very well
</font>
Keywestbars, Does Hilton Cancun charge the resort fee and how much will that be? Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 11:39 am

suggestions for non-US GLON center city property

Stealing from the other thread's title. I'd like to use a GLON (or GLONP) somewhere outside North America, but if I'm staying somewhere for 6 nights I want to be in the middle of things!

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2003, 11:58 am

The nicest Hilton property I have ever stayed at "Hong Kong Conrad".

Old Jan 10, 2003, 2:18 pm

and hong kong is fantastic too... just the place where you want to be in the center of things!
is the hong kong conrad a GLON or GLONP?
Old Jan 10, 2003, 2:43 pm

Conrad HK is GLONP, and worth every bit of it. A very, very fine hotel that's well-located in probably the most fascinating and accessible city in the world.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 3:24 pm

Thanks for the replies- Coincidentally, I was checking out the Conrad HK earlier today for just that reason- both location and hotel look great.

I know that I didn't provide much info before, but to narrow things down a little- I'm most interested in Europe or Asia/S. Pac. I'd like to stay in a hotel that's in the middle of a city, within walking distance of nightlife and close to historic sites. Would like to find a hotel that's usually pretty expensive, too!

I have 117,000 points, so I have enough for a GLON but would have to work my way up to a GLONP through stays, miles exchange and maybe buying points.

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2003, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My husband and I just came back from Hong Kong and Thailand. We stayed at the Conrad Hong Kong on a point stretcher award. We were upgraded to an executive level corner room overlooking the harbor and the peak. The breakfast in the executive lounge was included. Everyone at the hotel made our trip fabulous. This is a beautiful property with excellent service. See if the point stretcher is available for the time you want to go (great value). The best reward trip we've had. Hong Kong is a great city with a lot to do, some very good restaurants and wonderful shopping. The hotel is located on top of Pacific Place, a very upscale mall.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 7:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by landspeed:
I have 117,000 points, so I have enough for a GLON but would have to work my way up to a GLONP through stays, miles exchange and maybe buying points.</font>
Forget buying points. But don't forget credit cards, be it HH Amex and/or Visa or an airline card. Also FF long distance bonuses. Try Gary Steiger's website for latest good deals.

Old Jan 12, 2003, 11:37 am

Bump for soliciting comments
Old Jan 12, 2003, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
The Hilton Cancun is highly regarded in this forum. On the strength of their recommendations I'm going there next week. Look especially for posts by harold and (as above) keywestbars. They have both been there several times and are very informative. I'll post comments as well on my return.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 8:37 am

goldcap,
I was there in July and no resort fee. I am going back for a wedding in June and no mention of a fee. If you decide on Cancun, shoot me an email and I can give you some Cancun info.

Old Jan 18, 2003, 3:10 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
How to get in b4 cutoff for glon

i am confused. does the resevration need to be made or the glon requested or both b4 june 1 to retain 100k pt. is there any redeposit fee for elites?

I mean I right now have 230k i think. i would try in next 4 months to push to 300k to 'cash' out of hilton if that's the case.. please give me your input

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.