Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tegwj
The only other data point of note was time required to get to LHR on Friday morning. I took the tube from London Bridge to Baker St (jubilee line), then changed to circle line to Paddington to catch HEX. I left the hotel at 840am and cleared Fast Track security at LHR T3 at 1010am, with boarding starting at 1015am so it was a bit tight. I'll probably leave around 815am next time.
It is always a big mistake to use the Circle Line when other options exist. From London Bridge the quickest route is to use the Jubilee to Baker Street then the Bakerloo (the 2 lines run adjacent to each other at the same level at Baker Street) to Paddington. This will save you considerable time (I would estimate 10 mins+) compared to using any other Tube Lines from Baker Street to Paddington. The journey time from Baker Street to Paddington on the Bakerloo takes less than 5 minutes with minimal changeover time between the 2 lines. You also arrive into a more convenient location at Paddington for the Station and HEX.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM; US PP; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Wegmans Shoppers Club; ExxonMobil Speedpass
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
From London Bridge the quickest route is to use the Jubilee to Baker Street then the Bakerloo (the 2 lines run adjacent to each other at the same level at Baker Street) to Paddington.
Yes I discovered that last night on the way back to the hotel from LHR. The only (minor) drawback was that Bakerloo has an additional stop before baker street I believe. But not slogging through countless stairs and whatnot at Baker St makes up for it.

twj
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for all the great updates. I'll add this to my list to consider when staying in London. Usually I'm at Olympia or Kensington Hilton, but this sounds like a great alternative depending on pricing.

Cheers.

PS - Thanks also for the details on the getting to/from LHR.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by tegwj
Yes I discovered that last night on the way back to the hotel from LHR. The only (minor) drawback was that Bakerloo has an additional stop before baker street I believe. But not slogging through countless stairs and whatnot at Baker St makes up for it.

twj
See also my post (#11). I always take Bakerloo & Jubilee - great when lugging luggage - we actually did it with my wife and 2 yr old and suitcases and stroller ^
Old Apr 16, 2007, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
I'm obviously new at traveling to Europe and am considering the Hilton London Tower Bridge. As someone who's never been to London and will be arriving in from Standsted, is this a hotel that one would recommend over the Waldorf or Trafagar in terms of seeing the sights and doing the whole tourist thing? This will be a GLONP award with Silver status (lost Gold recently ).

Since we'll be flying a good 10k miles to get to London, I don't know if dragging out suitcases too far will be good either. Will getting from Stansted to this hotel be a hassle taking the Stansted express and transferring?
Old Apr 16, 2007, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by slippahs
I'm obviously new at traveling to Europe and am considering the Hilton London Tower Bridge. As someone who's never been to London and will be arriving in from Standsted, is this a hotel that one would recommend over the Waldorf or Trafagar in terms of seeing the sights and doing the whole tourist thing? This will be a GLONP award with Silver status (lost Gold recently ).

Since we'll be flying a good 10k miles to get to London, I don't know if dragging out suitcases too far will be good either. Will getting from Stansted to this hotel be a hassle taking the Stansted express and transferring?
Stanstead to London no problem.
Here's my recent review of the Hilton Tower Bridge.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_England.html

And the Waldorf Hilton.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_England.html

PM me for any detailed info.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 4:27 am

Programs: HH Gold
I've just spent one night there. I was struck at the narrowness of the building - it seemed quite small, compared to other new Hiltons; almost as if it had been squeezed into a small area. No pool or car park.

The receptionist was the friendliest I had ever encountered, which was nice. She regretted that no upgrades were available, as the hotel is usually full up during the week, on account of its location, but offered me a complimentary full breakfast instead, which was fine. I'd actually checked online to see that morning and it showed as sold out. Hilton must be making a fortune on this place.

I had a nice room; slightly curious shape, but large, with the usual things. Very comfortable and large bed. The bathroom was small, but had everything. A heated floor, like the one in the Warsaw Hilton would have been nice - those tiles are cold in the morning! Average water pressure. No outside noise either (I was on the third floor).

They delivered a room service meal that was not what I'd ordered and tried to charge me 17-50 instead of the correct 9-50!

Breakfast was fine and you could sit there watching everyone else rushing to work outside!

It's a nice hotel but, personally, I prefer the Canary Wharf property.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:29 am

It seems clear that you are not much better positioned for an upgrade at Tower Bridge on an award stay (midweek) than you would be at the Waldorf, Trafalgar etc, based upon the experiences I have read here. So, if you plan a week long award stay, you may find it difficult to get a consistent upgrade making Canary Wharf more attractive. Or, if you assume you will not get upgraded in any event, maybe Trafalgar or Waldorf may be a better use of points.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Could anyone PM me the email address of this hotel's GM?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:14 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by CJ99
Could anyone PM me the email address of this hotel's GM?

Thanks in advance.
YHPM
Old Jan 12, 2008, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Stay 5th-6th January

Hi,

I stayed at the Tower Bridge Hilton on the 5th Jan ( after an overnight flight from SFO).
I arrived at the hotel about 3pm ( 7.50 taxi fare from Waterloo as the Jubilee line was closed ). At check in I was told I had been upgraded to the executive level and I colud checkin in the lounge on the 9th floor.

Check in was done quickly and I was given 1114 (12 floors).

The room was very nice with good ac, an offset window ( facing Eernst & Young) and slippers and bathrobe were provided. There was a plate of three large mandarin oranges and two bottles of water. ( They do like the brown colour in the rooms) The bathroom was quite large with a separate shower and bath ( water pressure was a bit low).

An evening turndown service was offered.

The lounge had a selection of evening snacks and alcohol as well as soft drinks. The Brreakfast selection was quite good with the usual continental buffett and hot scrambled eggs and bacon.

The room was quite and I got a very good nights sleep.

The Livingwell express fitness room is ok and is on the third floor ( you have to get a pass from Reception).

The location of the hotel is very good ( close to Tower Bridge, HMS Belfast,Hays Galleria, London Bridge, London Dungeon, Tower of London ( across tower bridge), City Hall all being within 5-10mins walk ( couple of minutes to HMS belfast).

Overall a very nice stay.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: oneWorld Sapphire, Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Fairmont Permier
reward stay at this hotel??

I've booked a 4 night stay for my mom and dad at this Hilton during this upcoming summer (was impressed that rooms were available over the 4th of July weekend). I was wondering.. I am a Diamond and I would like them to receive Diamond privileges while they are staying there.. however I have no plans of staying with them since I live in London and have my own place.. is it possible to check them in myself, and showing my Diamond card, get them assigned to the exec floors?
Old Feb 23, 2008, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sdateUnited
(was impressed that rooms were available over the 4th of July weekend)
You guys celebrate? I thought you would all stay home and mope.

Diamond is for diamond. Try making the reservation in your name, for you and your "wife". No one cares if you stay or not. Usually to get into places like the spa or lounge they just show their key, or give the room number. Worth a shot.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sdateUnited
I've booked a 4 night stay for my mom and dad at this Hilton during this upcoming summer (was impressed that rooms were available over the 4th of July weekend). I was wondering.. I am a Diamond and I would like them to receive Diamond privileges while they are staying there.. however I have no plans of staying with them since I live in London and have my own place.. is it possible to check them in myself, and showing my Diamond card, get them assigned to the exec floors?
Why would the 4th of July be a difficult day to find rooms in London?
Old Feb 24, 2008, 2:50 pm

Programs: oneWorld Sapphire, Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Fairmont Permier
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Why would the 4th of July be a difficult day to find rooms in London?
I had been looking for award availability in London quite consistently over the last month or so and just in the last 3 days I noticed that they finally opened up reward nights at almost all the London area Hilton properties, including the 6's. I chose this hotel over the Hilton Paddington which is also very nice but less central (from a tourist's POV)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.