FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2007, 4:27 am
diamondman2006

Programs: HH Gold
I've just spent one night there. I was struck at the narrowness of the building - it seemed quite small, compared to other new Hiltons; almost as if it had been squeezed into a small area. No pool or car park.

The receptionist was the friendliest I had ever encountered, which was nice. She regretted that no upgrades were available, as the hotel is usually full up during the week, on account of its location, but offered me a complimentary full breakfast instead, which was fine. I'd actually checked online to see that morning and it showed as sold out. Hilton must be making a fortune on this place.

I had a nice room; slightly curious shape, but large, with the usual things. Very comfortable and large bed. The bathroom was small, but had everything. A heated floor, like the one in the Warsaw Hilton would have been nice - those tiles are cold in the morning! Average water pressure. No outside noise either (I was on the third floor).

They delivered a room service meal that was not what I'd ordered and tried to charge me £17-50 instead of the correct £9-50!

Breakfast was fine and you could sit there watching everyone else rushing to work outside!

It's a nice hotel but, personally, I prefer the Canary Wharf property.