Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Boston - at Logan Airport {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Boston - at Logan Airport {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
How's getting to the downtown area?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Easy via a 5-7 min. walk through a park to the T station.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
No booze at their reception as per state law.

An FYI that the Embassy Suites in Portland, OR has no atrium either, as it was formerly a regular (rather grand) hotel. Breakfast and reception in the basement.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Easy via a 5-7 min. walk through a park to the T station.
Also UberX is $10-15 to Govt. Center or Faneuil.

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
An FYI that the Embassy Suites in Portland, OR has no atrium either, as it was formerly a regular (rather grand) hotel.
Yes, newer ES-branded properties built since the Hilton acquisition are not necessarily of the atrium design. None of the really new ones are. For example, the new ES in downtown Pittsburgh is in a grand old historic office building, and is easily nicer inside than 95% of U.S. Hiltons. IMO with just slightly better furnishings could have been branded as a Conrad if they felt like it.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I've got ES Logan booked and while rechecking rates tonight, I noticed a yellow banner is now in place across the webpage announcing guest suites and public space renovations through early 2018.

I'm only there to sleep, I guess. Sigh.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:03 am

Eh, good to see that they're putting money into the property, though. Means that they're actually trying to improve the product, and that they're in it for the long haul. Gotta do it at some point; better now than later I figure - I've always found this property very handy.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton DMD, Hyatt Glob, Hertz PC
Conference call bind / no late checkout

I'm in a lowkey bind for Thursday: booked a room for Wednesday night because I have a conference call 10:50-12:50pm, and a flight at 1:50pm. Hilton Gold.

Called today to see about a 1pm checkout, and they told me that due to COVID they cannot offer checkout any later than the usual 11am. They told me I could try calling Sales tomorrow to see if they might let me use a conference room for two hours to take the call, and that they "probably won't charge me." Any tips for securing a room to take a call? Should I proceed with canceling the reservation and make other plans if they don't give it to me?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by meechyathere
I'm in a lowkey bind for Thursday: booked a room for Wednesday night because I have a conference call 10:50-12:50pm, and a flight at 1:50pm. Hilton Gold.

Called today to see about a 1pm checkout, and they told me that due to COVID they cannot offer checkout any later than the usual 11am. They told me I could try calling Sales tomorrow to see if they might let me use a conference room for two hours to take the call, and that they "probably won't charge me." Any tips for securing a room to take a call? Should I proceed with canceling the reservation and make other plans if they don't give it to me?

Hi,

Do you have any lounge memberships and if so do they have areas for conference calls? If so might be worth getting to the airport early or find a quiet spot in the terminals.
You will need to find the call on time to get to the terminal and through security for a 150pm flight

Depending on the airline you may want to look in the airline forums as they may be able to suggest quiet areas in boston airport to take a call.

Good luck

Regards

Tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 2, 2021 at 3:10 am
Old Jun 2, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton DMD, Hyatt Glob, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Do you have any lounge memberships and if so do they have areas for conference calls? If so might be worth getting to the airport early or find a quiet spot in the terminals.
You will need to find the call on time to get to the terminal and through security for a 150pm flight

Tbs
Thanks!! This might just be the thing that finally pushes me to go for the Admirals Club credit card. Probably the best option for Terminal B at BOS.
Fortunately, the call has a hard stop at 12:50, but will hopefully be done with much sooner.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
There's a chapel between B and C I recall, maybe there is some quiet space around as well?
https://www.wbur.org/radioboston/202...-sacred-spaces
boxo and hhdl like this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by ovacikar
There's a chapel between B and C I recall, maybe there is some quiet space around as well?
https://www.wbur.org/radioboston/202...-sacred-spaces
Lol, did you just suggest that someone take a conference call in a nondenominational chapel? That is savage, even by FT standards.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Stayed here again after a few years ...

Shuttle drivers great, really liked e-key to avoid checking in. Room as expected, seemed a bit tired, only renovation I could tell was USB slots at the outlets near desk (5A?).

Reception and breakfast okay-but-not-great. Had dinner at bar (can't have free evening booze as per state law), which I found disappointing. I'd go for the Hilton in future unless this one significantly cheaper.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've stayed here a few times over the years, and I have another stay soon. But I noticed the app's site information is available more generally:

https://hilton.uniguest.com/BOSAPES

and the Porter Restaurant / Bar menu is here
https://pages.e2ma.net/pages/1923239/32706

There's mention above in an app to track the shuttle between airport and the property, but it seems offline. Note that in addition to the hotel's own shuttle, it's possible to take the airport's shuttles 22, 33 mainly, plus 55 and 66 to the T station Airport for free (though technically it is reserved for T line travellers). And then it's a few minutes walk through East Boston Memorial Park to the property. Head to the right of the stadium building and then you're pretty much there. On the way to the airport it's the 88 as well as the other 4 lines.
dw likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Breakfast area being renovated but full buffet breakfast served

per website

Feb 12-Apr 26

anyone stayed in the last two weeks?

Have two teens with us so ES with breakfast is always popular but a little worried it will be less than expected/usual
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by psychtobe
anyone stayed in the last two weeks?

Have two teens with us so ES with breakfast is always popular but a little worried it will be less than expected/usual
Yes I stayed just under 2 weeks ago. The breakfast area is usually served in a dedicated area on the left side of the main lobby as you enter, the centre and right areas being the bar / evening meal area. At the moment that breakfast area is fully panelled off, and there is active work going on during day light hours, and I suspect it will be end of April when it should be completed, having talked to some of the construction staff, they were not anticipating an early finish to the project. In the mean time they are using the area at the back of the bar / evening meal area, with seating being the furthermost seats of the bar area, and some temporary tables beyond. As far as I can tell they provide the full breakfast components in that area, using a trestle tables and heating cabinets. Right on the back wall is the waffle maker and next to it is the egg station. Now there may be one or two components missing here (such as perhaps one or two omelette fillings) but I didn't spot anything and I got my standard breakfast offering there. Apart from the less than ideal seating/tables/heating cabinets in some respects, it's otherwise a standard offering. The staff were active in keeping the show going, but it's self serve coffee.
psychtobe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.