Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Boston - at Logan Airport {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Boston - at Logan Airport {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2012, 7:45 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Any recent reports?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 6:53 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Well, I'll give one

Recent one night stay. Shuttle arrived at airport within 5 minutes. ^

Upgraded to an Executive Suite on top floor. Extremely nice!

Nice restaurant, although, overpriced (they do have a captive audience. There is nothing else to eat that is easy walkable to).

This was one of the nicer ES breakfasts, mostly because the occupancy was relatively now so there wasn't the cattle car environment of too many ES's.

This is one of those hotels where it bears to keep checking your rate. Originally booked at $139, it dropped to$79.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
I was at this property a couple nights ago for my birthday on an MVP rate (also $79). Had a fourth floor room with a lovely view of a parking structure.

First time I've encountered vertical swipe door locks in a hotel... not even to mention they're oddly designed locks where the swipe is centered over the handle and the card hits it on the way down.

Don't get me wrong with this post, I'm more than satisfied with my experience... especially for a two room "suite" at $79.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: DM/2MM Delta Hilton Diamond Marriott Platinum
Note on the Embassy - had a couple of surprises last stay - no managers reception and parking was $60 per day. I'd choose the Hilton any day.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I am there... err here..., now. $99 exec suite, the shuttle arrived at the airport within 3 minutes of my call. Can't really comment on breakfast, as I was saving my appetite for a bowl of chowder and a lobster roll at Neptune's Oyster in the North End. The coffee was fine though, and it's a fairly short, maybe 5 minutes, walk to the T station (or the shuttle will drive you).
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Had a stay last month at the Logan ES after an arrival from a TATL. Shuttle took about 20 minutes to arrive and barely got a seat (they left a few people at the pickup). No upgrade for diamond. Breakfast was your normal ES breakfast in the morning, no line at 7am. Staff seems motivated and interested in their guests. All in all I would still choose the Logan Hilton over this property.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Had a stay last month at the Logan ES after an arrival from a TATL. Shuttle took about 20 minutes to arrive and barely got a seat (they left a few people at the pickup). No upgrade for diamond. Breakfast was your normal ES breakfast in the morning, no line at 7am. Staff seems motivated and interested in their guests. All in all I would still choose the Logan Hilton over this property.
Sharing your experience, my last 3 stays were Hilton
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Is it possible to walk from the ES Logan to the car rental center? Looks to be very close, and before the car rental center was built, you could walk (but not drive) onto airport property at the end of the local streets. Is that still possible, or is a shuttle trip back to the airport, then a second shuttle trip to the car rental, required?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
(Dupe)

Last edited by hoosiereph; Oct 11, 2014 at 2:34 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
I stayed there a few months ago, and while I didn't actually do the walk to the rental car center, if memory serves me correctly it seemed like it'd be possible. You might not have a proper sidewalk the whole way there, but it's only one block away if you have to walk down Porter St. to the front entrance. There might also be a side entrance to the garage that saves you a few steps.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hoosiereph
Is it possible to walk from the ES Logan to the car rental center? Looks to be very close, and before the car rental center was built, you could walk (but not drive) onto airport property at the end of the local streets. Is that still possible, or is a shuttle trip back to the airport, then a second shuttle trip to the car rental, required?
This is my second stay here and I walked to the Rental Center for both pick up and drop off. No more than 5 minutes from the farthest part of the rental center.

A short review based on my two stays.

Overall, one of the nicer ES properties I have stayed at. Had some issues first stay with a plugged toilet. Moved a couple of rooms away to find it was already occupied. This time met someone in the elevator checked into the same room I just arrived in. Lightning striking twice ?

No upgrade either time, but I needed two beds and only kings were available.

Decent restaurant and very friendly bar. I would not hestiate to come back

Last edited by ptownca; Jan 1, 2015 at 7:22 pm Reason: Adding more content
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:15 am

What's the best way to park a car at this hotel? I would love to avoid paying $35 for valet that is stated on their website. Is self parking available for free somewhere nearby?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by 12261980
What's the best way to park a car at this hotel? I would love to avoid paying $35 for valet that is stated on their website. Is self parking available for free somewhere nearby?
Not really. You are inside the periphery of the airport, hence the side streets in East Boston are not accessible without using the airport exit. You could park off airport for less, but that would involve two shuttle bus rides to get there.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by 12261980
Off airport "economy parking" is $18.00 a day. Since it's from Massport, that price should be called "rip-off economy parking", but that's what it is-----someone has to pay for all those free shuttle buses. And speaking of that, yes: from there, Economy Parking Shuttle Bus to any terminal (A, B, C, E). After that, pick up the Embassy Suite shuttle bus to the hotel. Naturally, if you like buses...

I myself would love to try this hotel.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/31-1/1

Location: Located very near BOS, probably the third closest behind the Hyatt Regency and the Hilton. Nothing else is around here though you can walk to the rental car center or if the weather was okay, to the Maverick MBTA stop which is .6 miles away or the airport MBTA station which is .4 miles away.

Hotel: this was a different looking ES than I'm used to. It's probably the only one I've been to without a central atrium. Instead there's a very cluttered lobby area with a restaurant and a bar just off it as well as a small sundry shop. Do note also that the turn around in front of the hotel is tiny and it's probably smart not to pull into it as you can get boxed really easily. Speaking of the restaurant it's open until 10, room service is til 11 and the bar closes at 11:30. Annoyingly, on weekends breakfast doesn't start until 6:30.

Check In: No Diamond recognition whatsoever. In fact, the agent said "thank you for being an HHonors member". Other than that though it was fine.

Room: Better than i was expecting. Nice sized living room and bedroom and a bigger bathroom than usual. Everything was in good order and worked well. Also, I was here on New Year's Eve so I was worried about the noise but soundproofing is actually really good.

Other: The shuttle runs every 15-20 minutes which is a nice touch.

My room was $122 (cheap for BOS) and despite my usual hatred of the Embassy brand, this was a good hotel. I'd be back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.