Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Boston - at Logan Airport {US-MA}

Embassy Suites Boston - at Logan Airport {US-MA}

Old Jan 21, 2003, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Embassy Suites Boston - at Logan Airport {US-MA}

My ES weekly email indicated that the New Embassy at Logan airport was taking bookings for after 3/2/03. I tried to book a stay for 3/12 and it wouldn't work, just an error msg saying you can book for dates after 3/2. Has anyone been able to book this property for March, by website or phone?
Old Dec 12, 2005, 9:55 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Cool Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport (Report Card)

I just finished with a stay at the Embassy Suites Boston Logan Airport on Friday 12/09, and I wanted to give an update on the property.

First off, I was completely stranded by the thundersnowsomething that we dont have out in El Paso! Needless to say, the Logan Airport Hilton, which I have stayed in once before excellent property -- is much nicer than the ES. That being said, the $89 rate on a Friday couldnt be beat. ^

The rooms were pretty good, standard ES accommodationsbathroom was a bit larger than normal, but it was the lobby that surprised me. Why do places up North light their large public spaces like they are high school gymnasiums? The lobby of this ES looked like a hanger-cum-gym, with extremely bright lights and very high ceilings so that I thought a hoops game was going to break out! Seriously, it was nice and airy, a nice change to the 2 feet of snow and wind outside.

When I asked the front desk about the lack f alcohol at the managers reception, I just got an Uhbreakfast is at 630. Whats up with that? I guess its those wacky blue staters! Anyways, I went out to dinner with a friend, and came back for a few bourbon-and-cokes, and was pleasantly surprised to find the place jumpin! A lot of probably stranded folks just-a-boozin it up, ^ with last call being at a respectable 1130pm. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes to Logan and the airport T-station, and I never waited for more than 3-5 minutes for it or a cab the next day. ^

Overall, I still would recommend the Hilton over the ES, but if you are stuck there, youll be fine. :-: Grade: 81/100
Old Dec 12, 2005, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
One of the greatest advantages of the Hilton over any other hotel at Logan is its walkways to the terminals. Can't really walk from the ES to Logan especially in the middle of a snow storm!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 12:32 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
I would agree with your assessments of this property.

There is no free alcohol at Manager's reception because of MA state law against offering free alcoholic beverages. That said, they do have a full bar and a decent beer selection.

The lack of free alcohol is made up by the food spread available. Most ES have only salty nibbles or popcorn. At this property, it's more like an Executive Lounge -- cheese and crackers, crudite, two hot snacks, plus the salty snacks.

The free breakfast does end earlierthan most ES on weekdays -- 9am. I belive it's 10:30a on weekends.

Dining choices are limited unless you take the T into the city. And its only a five minute walk to the station -- although I'm not sure I would recommend walking alone at night because the area seemed questionable and is somewhat isolated. As stated, there is a shuttle, but they usually hit the air terminals first, so walking is usually quicker.

I agree that the Hilton is preferred since you can walk to it thru Central Parking and sky bridges; they have better/broader dining choices; and they have the Serenity beds. That said, the ES is always cheaper and its a personal call whether the rate difference justifies the service/amenity differences.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 6:01 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Embassy Suites Boston Logan sold

Haven't stayed at this property myself, although have stayed at the Hilton and Hampton Inn at Logan airport ... and not sure if this will remain an Embassy Suites or will change to something else.

Hotel has been acquried by Eagle Hospitality Properties Trust and will be managed by Prism Hotels and Resorts.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 2:19 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Travel The World
Haven't stayed at this property myself, although have stayed at the Hilton and Hampton Inn at Logan airport ... and not sure if this will remain an Embassy Suites or will change to something else.

Hotel has been acquried by Eagle Hospitality Properties Trust and will be managed by Prism Hotels and Resorts.
Even if it stays an ES, my experience has been that non-Hilton-managed properties are always a crapshoot.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by stc
Even if it stays an ES, my experience has been that non-Hilton-managed properties are always a crapshoot.
I stayed at this property a couple of years ago and was less than impressed. The Hilton at the airport is far, far better.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 3:40 pm

Embassy Suites Boston Logan

Stayed past weekend. Pick up @ BOS bit slow, driver very pleasant. Got checked in promptly. Two bottles of water as Diamond Amenity. Asked for robes to be delivered while out and they were there upon return. Shuttle took us to City Transport Area @ Airport. Once got bearings found it was a nice walk to the hotel, however not something I would want to do alone . . .through the park w/no lights.

Asked for extra pillow and blanket about 2300. Fine young man responded would take care of. After 15 minutes called again, lady adv Security would have to bring. After 15 min called again. Spoke to first young man. He was VERY kind and also seemed mortified we had not received 'em yet. He stated he had delivered orig message and we should have had the items. Was then adv Security delivering all requests; was slow. Never did receive them. (used one robe as a pillow, other as blanket)

Called for wake up call. Did nNOT receive call in morning. Called front desk to tell them of problem. Just asked that it be discussed @ a quality control meeting. He didn't seem too concerned. Reported that did not receive blankets. He told me that they were all sold out therefore did not have any. That is pretty reasonable, but WHY didn't I get a call @ night telling me of this. Would not have been annoyed at night.

On bill received charge for Swings . . that's the name of the restaurant. Imagine that on an expense account.

Breakfast good, clean up good. The parking @ the hotel is $37 or so a night. The car rental facility is right across the street. Walked over to Hertz the next day and completed rental process.
Old May 2, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, HiltonHonors Silver
Embassy Suites Logan Airport / Boston

I am running the Ragnar New England in a few weeks and this is the event hotel (I think in large part because the date coincides with graduation for many of the Boston universities and rooms are scarce).

How easy is it to access the T to get into the city from the property? Any thoughts on this hotel?

I can't really find another decent option to consider.

Thanks for any help,
Patrick
Old May 3, 2011, 5:24 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
There are two options. You can walk to the T-Stop for the blue line - about 0.5 miles. Or you can take the hotel shuttle to the terminal and then jump onto the Silver line which is a bus that dives into its own underground roadway after exiting the Williams tunnel. Depending upon where you are going in Boston, the Silver line may be your best option - especially if the weather is inclement or if you have luggage. The hotel is ok although I prefer the Logan Hilton because I can walk to the terminal rather than rely upon the hotel shuttle.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nigos
There are two options. You can walk to the T-Stop for the blue line - about 0.5 miles. Or you can take the hotel shuttle to the terminal and then jump onto the Silver line which is a bus that dives into its own underground roadway after exiting the Williams tunnel. Depending upon where you are going in Boston, the Silver line may be your best option - especially if the weather is inclement or if you have luggage. The hotel is ok although I prefer the Logan Hilton because I can walk to the terminal rather than rely upon the hotel shuttle.
I agree with nigos. I have stayed at both properties. Embassy only once at the Hilton numerous times. Logan Hilton is better and so easy to walk to from the terminal. they also have a shuttle which will drop you off at the T.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, HiltonHonors Silver
thank you both for the advice and recommendations, much appreciated. I looked into the Hilton at Logan and the lowest price I got was $369 (again a factor of it being graduation weekend for the local colleges) so it looks like I will be at the Embassy Suites with the event rate of $159 for the night.

Again, thank you for the help it is appreciated.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC E50k, Hilton HHonors, Novotel Aclub
Bump

Looking for additional insight on this hotel - travelling in early January with corlanb jr (age 9) and am hoping to use hhonors points...either here or at the airport.

I like the airport option for ease of access intermixed with some planespotting, but it's not a big deal as our flights are all midday. Seem to be good reviews as well. OTOH, Family friendly is key (a good pool is a must) and the free breakfast is hard to beat.

We'll be taking in a hockey game at TD Garden and checking out some other local sights like Childrens museum, New England Aquarium, etc.

Any tips?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, UA silver, Hertz PC
No Drinks at reception

Just stayed at the Boston Airport ES, they now say the state of MA will not let them provide Drinks at the reception hour only soda pop and water. Not happy about that but the room and hotel computer room were good.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by rickc
Just stayed at the Boston Airport ES, they now say the state of MA will not let them provide Drinks at the reception hour only soda pop and water. Not happy about that but the room and hotel computer room were good.
Nothing new, and documented in other threads on this site. Not the hotel's fault, and in fact they make up for it with much better than average snacks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.