Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2023, 9:04 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards

Here is my ocean view room from last spring. This was a free upgrade as a diamond on a points/certificate booking.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck

Here is my ocean view room from last spring. This was a free upgrade as a diamond on a points/certificate booking.

here was my diamond upgrade, occupancy was extremely low in october 2021 fwiw.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
I Google mapped hyatt regency Maui which is in Lahaina. That’s distant to GW. Plus with a toddler or even a child 13 and under, I wouldn’t want to deal with waiting for rideshare. It bites and Hawaii is expensive and travel is expensive. I would just pay that $260 parking and let it be part of that $1000/night room. If you’re only using points then big kudos on saving $1000/night. You really don’t want to deal with walking around with a car seat or bubble bum for your toddler as you await ride share and then enter restaurants etc with it.
This trip is booked through points, so I am already pretty far ahead. I agree that it makes sense to keep the rental, pay the exorbitant fee, and try to offset a day or two by parking at the Avis rental store. This exercise did end up saving me about $125 because I canceled the original rental and rebooked with Avis for less.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:14 am

Just wrapped up a one-week points/certs stay here and had an amazing time. Was upgraded as a Diamond to a Napua Ocean View King in the Chapel wing (or at least a room renovated exactly like the Napua ones, because otherwise didn't receive any other indication it was anything different than a nicer room), which was a nicely renovated room with a great view. In the app in advance I had been upgraded to "Ocean View" and I believe my further upgrade occurred at check-in. The $50 daily credit was enough to either get us acai bowls/sandwiches at Loulu (Grab n Go) for breakfast or cover most of our lunch for 2 adults and a toddler by the pool. Aspire credits covered the valet parking.
GUWonder and comeflywme like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Willbur
Just wrapped up a one-week points/certs stay here and had an amazing time. Was upgraded as a Diamond to a Napua Ocean View King in the Chapel wing (or at least a room renovated exactly like the Napua ones, because otherwise didn't receive any other indication it was anything different than a nicer room), which was a nicely renovated room with a great view. In the app in advance I had been upgraded to "Ocean View" and I believe my further upgrade occurred at check-in. The $50 daily credit was enough to either get us acai bowls/sandwiches at Loulu (Grab n Go) for breakfast or cover most of our lunch for 2 adults and a toddler by the pool. Aspire credits covered the valet parking.
Awesome. Thanks for the update. Do you have any pics of the renovated room and view? Also, how far is the walk from the Chapel wing to the pools?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by comeflywme
Awesome. Thanks for the update. Do you have any pics of the renovated room and view? Also, how far is the walk from the Chapel wing to the pools?
Walk is probably about five minutes. It's not exactly close, but it's not that bad assuming you don't have any mobility issues.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:32 am

I'm sure this has been asked before, but if I rent with Enterprise on-site at GW can I park the rental for free in the GW/Enterprise lot? I don't want to necessarily rent on a day by day basis, as their opening/closing hours are a bit restrictive.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:25 am

Can anyone explain what types of rooms are offered in the Lagoon wing besides Garden View? I understand the Lagoon wing is 3-4 floors. Are the units on the upper floors (3 & 4) considered Ocean View?

Last edited by comeflywme; Feb 27, 2023 at 12:16 pm
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by rmcgraw2
I'm sure this has been asked before, but if I rent with Enterprise on-site at GW can I park the rental for free in the GW/Enterprise lot? I don't want to necessarily rent on a day by day basis, as their opening/closing hours are a bit restrictive.
yes in the past. I’m sure it’s allowed as a on-site benefit.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Willbur
Where is the $50 daily credit coming from? I booked with points and have the Aspire, but the app is showing my benefits as a $25 daily food credit. Are you getting $50 because you have two Aspires?
Old Feb 28, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by mbush1721
Where is the $50 daily credit coming from? I booked with points and have the Aspire, but the app is showing my benefits as a $25 daily food credit. Are you getting $50 because you have two Aspires?
if 2 guests, you get $50/day
Old Feb 28, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
The $50 F&B credit is for being a Diamond.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 6:48 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
(at $25 per guest up to 2)
BlueZebra likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Or a Gold. Has nothing to do with what credit card you use.
BlueZebra likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 8:23 am

Wrapping up a 4-night stay.
FYI - the $50 F&B credit does not roll; however, you have the option to use it the day of check-in or the following morning. The system doesn’t automatically credit if you do both. And this applies to each additional day/night you stay. If needed, any adjustments can be made at the front desk. For example, if you receive < $50 CR on one day and the difference isn’t applied the following day.

I took the advice of many and opted for a Lagoon Wing - Garden View (should tech be called “Pool View”) on the ground floor (#006X) for easy access to pools, boardwalk, beach, etc. Def comes in handy for bathroom runs, etc!

Water btl refills at the fitness center (1st floor, Lagoon Wing).

Luolu was our breakfast spot. It also became our lunch/dinner spot on certain days when we were too lazy to hunt. $1 refills for mango iced tea & Kona coffee.

Poolside cocktails: Pina Colada (mehhhhh), Frozen Mango Mojito (fantastic), Lava Flow (highly recommended)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.