Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
$65 now for valet? Yikes. Almost 5 Benjamin's just to park.
If you eat/shop at The Shops at Wailea, how long can you leave your car in the parking lot?
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:16 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by comeflywme
If you eat/shop at The Shops at Wailea, how long can you leave your car in the parking lot?
You can't leave car there overnight, if I recall.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by comeflywme
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
You can't leave car there overnight, if I recall.
That is correct, you cannot overnight park there. It will get towed. Did not happen to me as did not park overnight there but saw some disgruntled people when I stayed there.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold

FWIW, sharing my NOR1 upgrades. I’m assuming it’s better to hold off and see what the comp diamond upgrade is upon check-in.

Last edited by comeflywme; Feb 24, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Bonvoy Gold
$65++ was avoidable during the Pandemic with self Park (May 2021), though that was still $45? Does this mean unless you rent via (Avis/Budget) as alluded to earlier - for free parking one is basically SOL?
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Sidd27
$65++ was avoidable during the Pandemic with self Park (May 2021), though that was still $45? Does this mean unless you rent via (Avis/Budget) as alluded to earlier - for free parking one is basically SOL?
Yup. Also self-parking option was gone by beginning of 2022. Valet only
Old Feb 24, 2023, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
$65 now for valet? Yikes. Almost 5 Benjamin's just to park.
Over $500 for a week once you add the tips every time you want to have your car brought out/taken.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless you are planning on driving places every day I would recommend not getting a rental car and on days you do want to drive rent one on site at the hotel.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Baze
Unless you are planning on driving places every day I would recommend not getting a rental car and on days you do want to drive rent one on site at the hotel.
this. In the past we had a car because we stayed both at GW and another Maui resort and did daily excursions to faraway places. But if staying 5-ish nights and not elsewhere then I would just taxi / rideshare to/from GW - OGG. Walk or use taxis.
btw when we paid $45/day for parking we only tipped $1 each time we fetched car.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Omg lawsuit!! Omg

A worker at one of Maui’s largest private employers, Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, filed a class-action lawsuit Friday alleging owners of the luxury hotel giant misclassified hundreds of spa and salon workers, groundskeepers, facilities maintenance personnel and window washers as independent contractors in a “fraudulent scheme” to avoid pay and benefits at two of its landmark hotels, the Grand Wailea and Beverly Hills Waldorf Astoria.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 6:30 pm

We already have a car booked and will be staying 2 nights at Hyatt Regency and then 4 nights at GW. I figured it made sense to have a car since we have a toddler with us, but dropping $260 for parking has me rethinking this. I will have see how much it might cost to Uber around.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by macfadsj
If you want to avoid paying the exorbitant $65 plus tip parking fees at the Grand Wailea and don't mind a little exercise,
rent your car from either Budget or Avis and then park it in one of the spots outside the Budget/Avis rental office in the
Wailea Town Center behind the Marriott Residence Inn.

I spoke to the Budget agent there and he was fine with it. Lots of other Budget cars parked there.
10 minute walk to the GW.
Did you book directly at that location, or just had a rental through Avis?
Old Feb 25, 2023, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbush1721
We already have a car booked and will be staying 2 nights at Hyatt Regency and then 4 nights at GW. I figured it made sense to have a car since we have a toddler with us, but dropping $260 for parking has me rethinking this. I will have see how much it might cost to Uber around.
I Google mapped hyatt regency Maui which is in Lahaina. That’s distant to GW. Plus with a toddler or even a child 13 and under, I wouldn’t want to deal with waiting for rideshare. It bites and Hawaii is expensive and travel is expensive. I would just pay that $260 parking and let it be part of that $1000/night room. If you’re only using points then big kudos on saving $1000/night. You really don’t want to deal with walking around with a car seat or bubble bum for your toddler as you await ride share and then enter restaurants etc with it.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'll just repeat as an FYI...if anyone needs a couple/three rooms at the GW for a family or friends group, do look into staying across the street at the Ho'olei condos. Not only has the price - once with points, once cash - been less for me than multiple rooms at the GW, but parking not only is free, but they give you a tag so if you drive your car over to the GW the valet is also free (sans tip). And the full kitchens, outdoor grill on the huge deck, multiple bathrooms and full living rooms was priceless. Yes there are condos all over the island, but these come with the full use of the GW's pools.

The price might not be less, but you never know until you compare.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
I Google mapped hyatt regency Maui which is in Lahaina. That’s distant to GW. Plus with a toddler or even a child 13 and under, I wouldn’t want to deal with waiting for rideshare. It bites and Hawaii is expensive and travel is expensive. I would just pay that $260 parking and let it be part of that $1000/night room. If you’re only using points then big kudos on saving $1000/night. You really don’t want to deal with walking around with a car seat or bubble bum for your toddler as you await ride share and then enter restaurants etc with it.
between 4 nights valet at hilton waikoloa village $220 total, 5 nights valet at Grand wailea $325 total and 2 nights valet hyatt regency maui $80 total, parking and rental cars may be more than half my trip budget for my 11 day trip as we are staying on points and free night certificates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.