Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Nightly Manager's Reception

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Nightly Manager's Reception

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Logan Airport (BOS)

For the price of the rooms, and no free booze, I would've thought that the food offering might be better than usual ... but, nope! I was there on a Saturday night finding the atmosphere at the reception rather grim/bleak.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by Miesque
While I do not know for sure the time of that location, all the Embassy Suites I have been to have been pretty consistent with the managers reception always two hours and always 5:30-7:30 PM (maybe some 5-7 PM) but cannot recall ever seen one outside that range. (Granted I now don't stay at ES that often)
THX, that are the times I remember as well, so I will find out if I can make it from the airport to the bar in a little over two hours.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
I am now at Embassy Suites Paloma village Tucson. Great reception and nice guests and crew. Superior spirits and nice local foods. I always avoid the low rates embassy suites. They are crowed with family reunions and have infirieur receptions. I've seen some terrible Embassy suites. Some nice ones are Embassy Suites Savannah and Boca Raton. If they are under $100 avoid them.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:58 pm

Recently stayed at the ES downtown Chicago on State St. Happy hour consisted of 1. tortilla chips and nacho cheese, and 2. some sort of cereal mix (bagel chips, pretzel sticks, etc.) that I did not try. You line up for one alcoholic drink at a time, and you can go back for a second drink but you gotta line up for about 2-3 ppl working the bar.

Location is great but there could easily be better and cheaper places to stay.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:41 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Recreation
The worst manager's reception I've ever been to was the ES Fallsview in Niagara Falls, Canada. Each person in the room was given a coupon for exactly one complimentary drink. Anything beyond that was out of your pocket. For as much as they charged per room, they should have given each guest a barrel of beer.

That's the only ES where I've seen them limit you on your drinks, including Chicago.
The ES Falls View also has an odd setup for breakfast where there were, I believe, two lines to go buffet lines with pretty mediocre offerings in the center of the room, or you could get in line at the side of the room for an omlet. They had two huge flat-top grills over there & they'd get half a dozen orders first then pour out 6 lines of egg on the grill to make them. Difficult to get a table there too.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by volrichard
The ES in Little Rock has to charge $1 for wine/liquor, $ .50 for draft beer.
ES Memphis is complimentary and pretty much has full liquor menu.
Unless something has changed, ES in North Carolina limit you to 2 drinks.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by aerodrome
Recently stayed at the ES downtown Chicago on State St. Happy hour consisted of 1. tortilla chips and nacho cheese, and 2. some sort of cereal mix (bagel chips, pretzel sticks, etc.) that I did not try. You line up for one alcoholic drink at a time, and you can go back for a second drink but you gotta line up for about 2-3 ppl working the bar.
Sounds like every ES I've ever been to.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by ITravelElite
I am now at Embassy Suites Paloma village Tucson. Great reception and nice guests and crew. Superior spirits and nice local foods. I always avoid the low rates embassy suites. They are crowed with family reunions and have infirieur receptions. I've seen some terrible Embassy suites. Some nice ones are Embassy Suites Savannah and Boca Raton. If they are under $100 avoid them.
Agree with the comments about Paloma Village in Tucson. Certainly better than many other ES when it comes to the Manager's reception.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta, AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Agree with the comments about Paloma Village in Tucson. Certainly better than many other ES when it comes to the Manager's reception.
Third on this hotel. It has a great happy hour. The other ES in Tucson that is now a Doubletree used to have a great selection of draft beers. I believe they had 4 or 5 different choices with some nicer ones(relatively speaking) like Dos Equois and Blue Moon. I will say several of the Embassy's I have stayed in recently have really skimped on the liquor types. They have never been top shelf but normally decent stuff like Jim Beam, Jose Cuervo, etc. I have started noticing a lot of Aristocrat products or even stuff I've never heard of.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Nice to hear there are one or two good ES. Frankly I gave up on the ES years ago and don't even consider ES's in my travel plans. At one time was a ES Ambassador Club member too...
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
My favorite ES is the CHS airport one. I stay there about every other month. Great breakfast and happy hour and staff always treat me well. The food isn't much during happy hour but saving on my food budget with the free breakfast means I can spurge on dinner. Besides, they normally are able to come in under per diem for the room charges so that always makes the boss happy too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.