Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Nightly Manager's Reception

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Nightly Manager's Reception

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
The worst manager's reception I've ever been to was the ES Fallsview in Niagara Falls, Canada. Each person in the room was given a coupon for exactly one complimentary drink. Anything beyond that was out of your pocket. For as much as they charged per room, they should have given each guest a barrel of beer.

That's the only ES where I've seen them limit you on your drinks, including Chicago.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Recreation
The worst manager's reception I've ever been to was the ES Fallsview in Niagara Falls, Canada.... For as much as they charged per room, they should have given each guest a barrel of beer.
I would avoid distributing barrels to guests that close to Niagara Falls.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
It's been probably 10 years, but I remember one AZ property giving 5 drink coupons for use over two days - the hard part was deciding which day to have three....
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:47 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Check the fine print on the ES hotel-specific website, as some states won't allow free booze (I had to pay regular prices for a drink at the ES Boston Logan Airport last December!). That being said, the ES Lubbock -- on eof the best in the system -- offers top sheft booze during the MR (Jack, Vox/Skyy Vodka, Beefeater Gin, etc.) and always has decent food (sandwiches, chicken strips, veggies, etc) which can fill one up, if you aren't looking for anything special.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 1:49 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Ammbassador
I think thats the only good thing about ES, the free booze
Old Jun 13, 2006, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
Originally Posted by janhigginskcmo

I have a four and a five year old. A good thing is a seperate bedroom with a door that locks!
Old Jun 13, 2006, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
The beer is really weak, served in plastic beakers.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 3:46 pm

Homewood is Mon-Thurs only

There were a few mentions of and comparisons with Homewood Suites. No big deal for a typical one week or less business trip, but there are no evening receptions Friday thru Sunday.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
The ES in Tucson actually had a fairly decent selection of beers (the good ones, like craft Hefeweizen, not s$%t American light beer). Honesty, does anyone even think that that crap tastes like beer?

Other ES hotels tend to stick to the low end garbage. The ES in Charleston, WV served veggie platters, though, which was kind of nice.

(Yes, I'm a little bit of a beer snob, but come on...)
Old Jun 13, 2006, 6:22 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by etch5895
The ES in Tucson actually had a fairly decent selection of beers (the good ones, like craft Hefeweizen, not s$%t American light beer). Honesty, does anyone even think that that crap tastes like beer?

Other ES hotels tend to stick to the low end garbage. The ES in Charleston, WV served veggie platters, though, which was kind of nice.

(Yes, I'm a little bit of a beer snob, but come on...)
The ES in DC on 22nd Street has had some interesting beers on tap. The hefe, Sapporo, Bass. Good stuff.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
I'll be at the Memphis ES this weekend. We'll see how good their program is. I'm looking forward to seeing their ducks, too.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 7:59 pm

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by janhigginskcmo

About 2 years ago I was staying at the ES Birmingham with a colleague and we had spent the Sunday enjoying beer at many fine establishments. We arrived back at the hotel just in time for the free booze and gave the bartender a generous tip which then translated into drinks for the next few hours that were 9/10th's booze and a little mix for colour!

We woke up in the morning to find a huge receipt for the Ruth's Chris steakhouse in the hotel and wondering who was going to drive to our meeting in Tuscaloosa!
Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I'll add my vote for the ES in Downtown Portland. Beautiful property, very nice upgrades to very large corner suites for Diamonds, and both the breakfast and evening reception are very nicely done. They have a nice selection of Pacific Northwest beers, decent mixed drinks, and food that goes beyond popcorn and a bowl of potato chips. The restaurant also has a limited menu of dinner items available to order during the evening reception (for a charge, of course). Overall, it's a hard property to beat.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
It's been probably 10 years, but I remember one AZ property giving 5 drink coupons for use over two days - the hard part was deciding which day to have three....

More like which day to have 5...
Old Jun 14, 2006, 9:22 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Full meal at Homewood Suites....

Originally Posted by omegadeal
The Homewood receptions are usually decent and have a few choices. Most ES receptions I've seen have the pretzels / chips, beer/wine and liquor. I don't typically drink on business trips so I haven't been to many.
I don't know about others, but the Homewood Suites I got have full fledged dinners. I typically go to the one in San Diego-Del Mar and the one in Anaheim/Garden Grove when I can get a state rate.

San Diego-Del Mar typically has ravioli (not the cheap kind...the ones that are about 3 times the size as canned one), two different sauces (white/red), a very, very good homemade minestone soup (love their soup), a simple salad and garlic bread. My experience is that every single day (M-T), there is no way I have to go out and fetch dinner. Homewood suites is my new first choice because of the apartment like space (full frig/mic), free DSL and the fabulous dinner. No itty bitty crappy popcorn and veggies here!!!!

Dawn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.