Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Nightly Manager's Reception

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Nightly Manager's Reception

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I gave up those receptions years ago, but it sounds to me like some hotels have a nice event. The next time I am in an ES, I will try and make it to the reception.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
The Homewood receptions are usually decent and have a few choices. Most ES receptions I've seen have the pretzels / chips, beer/wine and liquor. I don't typically drink on business trips so I haven't been to many.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 5:42 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by omegadeal
I don't typically drink on business trips so I haven't been to many.
What else is there to do on a business trip?
Old Jun 12, 2006, 6:26 pm

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
The ES in Little Rock has to charge $1 for wine/liquor, $ .50 for draft beer.
ES Memphis is complimentary and pretty much has full liquor menu.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 6:48 pm
TNL

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta Amex Plat, Southwest Visa
Originally Posted by drron
In april stopped at the ES secauscus and they had a pasta salad as well as the chips and dip.Also the ES portland who had a reasonable selection of salads ,dips, a hot item and whoopee pie for a desert so sometimes you may be lucky.
I have been to the manager's receptions at the ES at SNA and SEA and can confirm that they are similar to what's been described above. Snack mix, chips, salsa, Bud and Bud Lite, and a few mixed drinks. Not the greatest, but, as a prior poster stated, good for a slight buzz before you go out to your real dinner.

Also, in Anaheim, they were selling slices of pizza for a dollar each. It looked pretty good but we were too cheap to spring for it. TL
Old Jun 12, 2006, 6:58 pm
In Memoriam

I have yet to see a manager's reception where the booze wasn't "BOLS", wine out of a box, and all the popcorn you can eat.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Reception @ ES - Vegas was centered around margaritas.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:31 pm

Programs: Peon in all
The reception @ ES - Lake Tahoe was centered around --- I forget after a few of them!

Originally Posted by srodr
While this probably sounds really pathetic, I have to admit that when I lived at the La Jolla ES for 6 months, I would occasionally take a big breakfast up to my room in the morning and throw it in the fridge for dinner. I know that sound really cheap ...
I've done the same thing many times! It's not cheap!

I've saved on the cost of dinner, and used my per diem for other things besides dinner!
Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
I've stayed at several ES in the NW that have microwbrews on tap. Downtown Portland was the best for beer.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 5:01 am

Programs: HHonors, UA/MP
ES Portland

I agree with Ltgfrk - ES Downtown Portland was the great hefeweisen beer and their black bean salsa is also pretty good. One of the best breakfast's too
Old Jun 13, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by tanyalewis
Also, in Anaheim, they were selling slices of pizza for a dollar each. It looked pretty good but we were too cheap to spring for it. TL
I stayed at the Anaheim south in April (The pizza wasn't bad btw) and for Diamonds they gave me a card for the "Top Shelf" liquor in the bar area during the Manager's Reception. Never used it as we were @ Disney before and after dinner and didn't need to be buzzed walking around there LOL.

Lance
Old Jun 13, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Reception @ ES - Vegas was centered around margaritas.
The one in San Juan is also.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by troyintn
The one in San Juan is also.
I don't remember margaritas being featured at ES Dorado, but there, Diamonds get Gold keys that entitle them to 2 hours of free drinks at any bar on the property - no brands excluded. They got away cheap since Mrs BamaVol and I were happy to drink draft Medalla.

I have no issue with what brand of free liquor I am offered, but I do object to a choice of Bud Light or Bud Light.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*,
Originally Posted by BamaVol
but I do object to a choice of Bud Light or Bud Light.
I agree!! Those are the choices at far to many ES receptions. I feel bad for the unknowing European who steps up to the bar and is offered the choice between Bud and Bud Light.

Now if only ES could offer the colored water and a Microw or Import as well as Grits for breakfast (at properties outside of the SE)...... ^
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I don't remember margaritas being featured at ES Dorado, but there, Diamonds get Gold keys that entitle them to 2 hours of free drinks at any bar on the property - no brands excluded. They got away cheap since Mrs BamaVol and I were happy to drink draft Medalla.

I have no issue with what brand of free liquor I am offered, but I do object to a choice of Bud Light or Bud Light.
Well, they wouldn't cough up a Corona for me, but Medalla worked ok. Gotta love PR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.