Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anabolism
holtju2
However, there is a fairly easy alternative: create a Facebook account with a fake name and a one-off email address (an address you use only for Facebook). With a fake name, no one who knows you will see it, and you are free to use it to take advantage of such offers. Keep in mind that doing this might be a violation of Facebook's terms and conditions (I haven't bothered to read them in years and I'm sure they're totally different now), but that said, the worst that could happen is that Facebook finds out somehow and closes the account.
When I booked this there was something I came across saying that the name on the booking had to coincide with that on the Facebook page. It doesn't actually check as you book but it's possible that the data will be reviewed later. My booking isn't prepaid so yours (or mine) could get rejected at or before check in.
The annoying part of this offer is that the links given show dates with this offer being "full" in English but the Japanese pages have open availabilty for those same dates.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA/CO Silver
I was able to take advantage of the Facebook offer in English. I would definitely use the same name in Facebook as your booking. I think Japanese tend to follow the rules.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Booked the 5000 Yen Facebook deal a while ago and looked at my "Upcoming Stays" page on HHonors and noticed I got a Deluxe Queen Plus room which seems to be an upgrade from the regular room. Looking at past posts, HHonors Golds seem to get the Deluxe Queen Plus rooms..
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Booked the 5000 Yen Facebook deal a while ago
I'd love to know about the pool vouchers. On the T&Cs it says the value of this benefit is roughly 1,500yen. Does that mean you just get 1 voucher per room, or do they give them out for each person?
Also - is it a one visit offer or can you use the pool in the evening and the morning of your stay?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

(Info on the restaurant 50% off deal would also be gratefully received. I know restaurants are expensive at the Hilton I was hoping the voucher would make eating here more reasonable so that a trip to and from Narita town wasn't required. What sort of menus are included/excluded. Basically, is there a 'catch' to the deal?)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For some, be aware (if this is current) the last time I stayed in this hotel there was signage prohibiting those with tattoos from using the pool. (This is not uncommon in Japan, where often tattooing is a sign the individual has been in prison, is a member of the Yakuza or both; add a missing little finger, it's conclusive.)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by JDiver
For some, be aware (if this is current) the last time I stayed in this hotel there was signage prohibiting those with tattoos from using the pool. (This is not uncommon in Japan, where often tattooing is a sign the individual has been in prison, is a member of the Yakuza or both; add a missing little finger, it's conclusive.)
The same policy is in effect at the Shinjuku Hilton in Tokyo
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LapLap
I'd love to know about the pool vouchers. On the T&Cs it says the value of this benefit is roughly 1,500yen. Does that mean you just get 1 voucher per room, or do they give them out for each person?
Also - is it a one visit offer or can you use the pool in the evening and the morning of your stay?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

(Info on the restaurant 50% off deal would also be gratefully received. I know restaurants are expensive at the Hilton I was hoping the voucher would make eating here more reasonable so that a trip to and from Narita town wasn't required. What sort of menus are included/excluded. Basically, is there a 'catch' to the deal?)
I will ask when I get there but it won't be till mid-March
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most

Got these coupons. BTW I had a not so perfect stay at this property and will soon post it here. In the meantime you can check the photos and the video that I took here.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 2:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by anabolism
holtju2 included a link. However, you can't take advantage of it unless you have a Facebook account. It's not that anything "checks" if you are on Facebook, but rather, the whole point of these promotions is that you need to take an action (called "like") that marks you (via your Facebook account) as someone who "likes" the business. That way your "friends" see this, your "friends" can be shown ads featuring your picture and the business, advertisers are informed of your "like"s and much, much more. Businesses use social media as much more than a simple location for offers; they want to turn everyone into an advertiser for them.

However, there is a fairly easy alternative: create a Facebook account with a fake name and a one-off email address (an address you use only for Facebook). With a fake name, no one who knows you will see it, and you are free to use it to take advantage of such offers. Keep in mind that doing this might be a violation of Facebook's terms and conditions (I haven't bothered to read them in years and I'm sure they're totally different now), but that said, the worst that could happen is that Facebook finds out somehow and closes the account.
I could be wrong here, but I am on the understanding that doing something such as the above is against facebook terms and conditions for having a fan page. I know this because my friend was going to run a competition for his company where by people would "like" the page, but the consultation company warned him against doing this...although to get a cheaper price is a bit different then running a comp!!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed here yesterday as part of the facebook promo. Very pleased we did.

We got two sets of vouchers for the complimentary coffees/teas and for the pool (we were handed back the pool vouchers, which seemed to mean you can go more than once). The coffees were good and I had a blissful time there with my daughter enjoying the pool all to ourselves. And the water was warm enough - just - for a toddler. I understand pools in Japan are usually kept very cool but this was fine.

The 50% off food voucher was fabulous, could be used more than once, and it made eating here extremely reasonable (the 5,000yen set sushi meal at 2,500yen a pop was good value and the all you can eat lunch buffet ended up being our breakfast/brunch - terrific at about 1,300yen each with the toddler being able to stuff her face for free.
Was very relieved not to have to make the treck to Narita town.

1pm checkout was also welcome as LapInfant ensured that her mother laplapped the circular public areas again and again and again for half the night (which is how I paid for her angelic behaviour on the LHR-PEK-NRT flights).

We could have gone straight to Minato Ku when our 5pm flight arrived. Am so very happy we could make use of this offer and that grandad could join us and postpone hosting duties for a day.

Only disappointment was that there was no washlet in the room (no status, so was on the 4th floor - upside that there was nobody under us to experience the night long pitter patter of tiny feet, so something less to worry about).
Nevermind, I can now use the Toto Apricot for the next few weeks.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:08 am

Programs: AA GLD, HH GLD
The 50% deal

Could someone clarify if the 50% restaurant deal is related to the facebook promo or if it is something they are giving to diamond members? Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It seems to be a Facebook deal. holtju2's photos also show a big "F" on the chits.

Originally Posted by WRDodson
Could someone clarify if the 50% restaurant deal is related to the facebook promo or if it is something they are giving to diamond members? Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by holtju2
Got these coupons. BTW I had a not so perfect stay at this property and will soon post it here. In the meantime you can check the photos and the video that I took here.
I read your review and watched your video. Hate to break the news, but room 1128 **was** an upgrade. There are actually much smaller rooms; therefore, consider yourself very lucky.

I love that hotel, very, very much. There's always The Conrad in Shinbashi if you feel you deserve more. 円円円円円

P.S.: You even received a small can of foam shaving cream too, which is fantastic.

Spock Seat @:-)
Old Mar 31, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by JDiver
It seems to be a Facebook deal. holtju2's photos also show a big "F" on the chits.
Is it too late to get in on the 50% restaurant deal? I'll be there with a friend in May for a quick two-day trip to try out the JL 787 BOS route.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
This hotel is running another facebook promotion, 5,000 yen/night I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.