Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2008, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
I'm wondering if the $125 figure above is a bit off, perhaps a slang exchange rate, Hilton Narita has rates from Y9000 to Y11000 all the time. currently Y11000 = $104 My last 4 stays there (may 2008) were at this rate, plus I got UG to deluxe plus (pillow top) top floor runway view, all remodeled rooms + double points for each stay. ^
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:20 pm

This is a great hotel for one-night stays. The breakfast buffet is great, the Hilton shuttle bus is convenient. I always book one of the deluxe rooms - decent flat screen tv and comfortable bed. The restaurants are pricey and I avoid them, except for breakfast and an occasional ramen.

The local shuttle bus (last time it was 150) takes you into Narita City. When I arrive in the afternoon, I check-in and take the local shuttle bus to Aeon Mall where I check out the latest electronic gadgets at Jusco department store and knick-knacks at the 100 store. I stop at the Jusco food court to purchase sashimi, skewers of yakitori, shrimp tempura, omusubi and a couple cans of beer before heading back to the hotel. You can have a feast for $20 - sure beats the outrageous prices in the restaurants. I sit back, gorge myself and catch up on all my DVDs that I connect to the flat screen.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by FTraveler
This is a great hotel for one-night stays. The breakfast buffet is great, the Hilton shuttle bus is convenient. I always book one of the deluxe rooms - decent flat screen tv and comfortable bed. The restaurants are pricey and I avoid them, except for breakfast and an occasional ramen.
What is the difference between standard, deluxe and deluxe plus ? I had checked the rate deluxe is $40 more, and deluxe plus is $80 more than standard.

I booked for standard, which have no idea if I got upgraded to deluxe or not as a gold. But I find my room is not up to par with any US hilton, even though I still get flat screen TV (smallish, 20inch I guess) and high floor.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Report back...

Getting there was easy enough, the limobus arrival gave us about 5mins before the Hilton shuttle arrived. The lobby area looks pretty good and staff seemed helpful. Was 'upgraded' (as a HH Gold) according to the guy checking us in and also given vouchers for breakfast. On the 10th floor on the outer ring of the hotel but the room felt SO dated and plain and the bed only had two pillows on it! If I'd removed the flat screen it could have been the 1980s! I hope these aren't the renovated rooms. Maybe it was just a heavy comedown after more than a week at Conrads...

Had a nice view of the aircraft landing on 16R (and departing) and it did seem from the floor map that the outer rooms had more room.

We used the healthclub which was quite good, I was the only Gaijin and was my first time at a bath in Japan so watched the locals go about their business and tried to copy their routines We ate at 'Baien' the Chinese restaurant in the hotel, because it was late and were tired, paid just shy of 10,000 yen for four dishes and a handful of beers. Not the best value or food but we were paying for the convenience of it...

We nipped into the breakfast buffet in the morning before going to the airport and it seemed a pretty good selection. Nothing sensational but it wasn't bad.

Would I stay again if I needed a night at NRT? Probably, but only because of Gold benefits. If I was a statusless person I'd look elsewhere...
Old Jun 8, 2008, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
What is the difference between standard, deluxe and deluxe plus ? I had checked the rate deluxe is $40 more, and deluxe plus is $80 more than standard.

I booked for standard, which have no idea if I got upgraded to deluxe or not as a gold. But I find my room is not up to par with any US hilton, even though I still get flat screen TV (smallish, 20inch I guess) and high floor.
I was on one of the high floors, if not the top floor. The room appeared to be in good condition - no peeling wallpaper or carpet stains. I would say the plasma was atleast 37 inches. I sprang for the deluxe and may have been upgraded to a deluxe plus as a Gold. I would not have paid $80 more for the room if indeed it was a deluxe plus.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 3:16 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
$11 for small glass of draft beer was the killer for me.Also no ATM machine in the hotel or any that accept foreign Cards in Narita Town.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Fraser
Report back...

Getting there was easy enough, the limobus arrival gave us about 5mins before the Hilton shuttle arrived. The lobby area looks pretty good and staff seemed helpful. Was 'upgraded' (as a HH Gold) according to the guy checking us in and also given vouchers for breakfast. On the 10th floor on the outer ring of the hotel but the room felt SO dated and plain and the bed only had two pillows on it! If I'd removed the flat screen it could have been the 1980s! I hope these aren't the renovated rooms. Maybe it was just a heavy comedown after more than a week at Conrads...

Would I stay again if I needed a night at NRT? Probably, but only because of Gold benefits. If I was a statusless person I'd look elsewhere...
I totally felt the same as you did, the pillows are really soft also, I actually have to fold up one pillow in order to make my head feel better. It is not because you have stayed at conrad for a week to feel that way, anyone frequent hilton in US will feel like that. I can say for sure even standard room in hilton SF or hilton minneapolis is way better than this hilton.

If it is not getting free breakfest as a gold, I would definately stay elsewhere.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 1:55 pm

On the issue of available TV stations at the Hilton NRT, I find it strange that they have CNN on in the lobby but its not on the roster in the rooms...
Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by YYZC2
On the issue of available TV stations at the Hilton NRT, I find it strange that they have CNN on in the lobby but its not on the roster in the rooms...
Or anything in English. I'm not sure if it was the time of day but all the news channels and Discovery were dubbed into Japanese so you couldn't hear the English. At the Conrad the BBC News was only dubbed at certain times of the day.

I was rather glad I had my laptop with me or we'd have get rather bored...
Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
FWIW on the top of the remote are H1 H2 H3 H4 these are cnn bbc and 2 other channels. There's also a language button that switches japanese to english.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by giggy
FWIW on the top of the remote are H1 H2 H3 H4 these are cnn bbc and 2 other channels. There's also a language button that switches japanese to english.
Well I'll be!

Sure enough, looking at my remote, there is a sticker that says in very small letters, "CNN" over H3 and "BBC" over H4.

I don't remember seeing the sticker on my previous visits; I figured those buttons correlated to the various inputs on the set-top box.

After pressing H3, pressing "Bilingual" eliminates the Japanese audio leaving only the english soundtrack.

Thanks for brightening my morning!
Old Jun 9, 2008, 5:26 pm

Well I'll be!

Sure enough, looking at my remote, there is a sticker that says in very small letters, "CNN" over H3 and "BBC" over H4.

I don't remember seeing the sticker on my previous visits; I figured those buttons correlated to the various inputs on the set-top box.

After pressing H3, pressing "Bilingual" eliminates the Japanese audio leaving only the english soundtrack.

Thanks for brightening my morning!
^^
Old Jun 9, 2008, 7:36 pm

We are redeeming a night at this property as we need to overnight in Tokyo before heading out to Tahiti.

As Gold using award reservations do you know if they still give breakfast vouchers? and if so will they give it to only the gold member or to all the parties in the room we are a family of 2 Adults & 1 Child.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Lulu
We are redeeming a night at this property as we need to overnight in Tokyo before heading out to Tahiti.

As Gold using award reservations do you know if they still give breakfast vouchers? and if so will they give it to only the gold member or to all the parties in the room we are a family of 2 Adults & 1 Child.
My coupon said for Gold & Diamond members, I dont think you will have any problem. They seem pretty laid back about the breakfast. One morning I left my coupon in my room, I asked Front Desk for another one, no problem. also this hotel is quite inexpensive (except Room Service) you sure you want to blow points for a stay? esp when they have a double base points promo going on.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by giggy
My coupon said for Gold & Diamond members, I dont think you will have any problem. They seem pretty laid back about the breakfast. One morning I left my coupon in my room, I asked Front Desk for another one, no problem. also this hotel is quite inexpensive (except Room Service) you sure you want to blow points for a stay? esp when they have a double base points promo going on.
Our stay is not until jan. 09, so right now I just want to secure an award room. Closer to the date if a very good rate comes or by some miracle a PS comes along, then we will try to make an adjustment then. Trying to save all the $$ for final destination as I've heard food there is quite expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.