Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:11 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Originally Posted by nimenime
Thanks!

The MVP Fast Track terms & conditions include the following (my emphasis):
( https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/landingpages/mvp.aspx )

Also, this offer is valid only for

...which means it is pretty useless for me as I am in Europe.

Does anyone know if the T&C are the same for Hilton Racing? Can I select a start date? Will all stays at any Hilton worldwide qualify? Could not find any specific information there..
http://www.hiltonracing.com/about-hilton-racing/
Hi,

For this offer, do I have to register a new account? or can I simply use my current HH account? I am currently Gold and I was thinking about starting the program in April, this way I can secure myself as a gold till March 2012. Is it the right way to do it?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
Originally Posted by zaf
Hi,

For this offer, do I have to register a new account? or can I simply use my current HH account? I am currently Gold and I was thinking about starting the program in April, this way I can secure myself as a gold till March 2012. Is it the right way to do it?
I don't know if I should answer this. In my book, it's shady business! I suppose you can pull it off but you may be violating their T&C's in which you may risk losing access to HH program for good.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:42 pm
ayg

Programs: SWA A List, HH Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by F23Coupe
I don't know if I should answer this. In my book, it's shady business! I suppose you can pull it off but you may be violating their T&C's in which you may risk losing access to HH program for good.
I didn't see anything in the TC saying current Gold/Diamond members couldn't register... did I miss something? I registered. I don't know if I'm gonna make it back to Gold or Diamond this year as I'm traveling far less.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
Originally Posted by ayg
I didn't see anything in the TC saying current Gold/Diamond members couldn't register... did I miss something? I registered. I don't know if I'm gonna make it back to Gold or Diamond this year as I'm traveling far less.
I was talking about the possibility of holding two or more HHonors accounts per person.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:49 pm
zaf

Fast Track to gold, when to do it?

I am already a Gold VIP member till 3/2011, I wan to maintain my Gold status. I wan to do the fast track option just incase my year ends with me being a few stays short.
I have few questions if if you don't mind:

1- So if I get this right, I have to achieve my status in April 2010 the earliest for me to get Gold till 3/2012, is that right?

2- when if I sign up for fast track today (I have a stay this weekend) and then 90 days pass with me not finishing the requirement, can I try it again or is it once per year kinda thing?

3- It says on the MVP :
Skip to the front of the line.
Reach Hilton HHonors® Gold VIP Status After Only 4 Stays Or 9 Nights
Being a valued member of the Hilton Family MVP program pays off. Just complete four qualifying stays or nine qualifying nights within the 90-day period of your choice and reach Gold VIP status faster than ever! (It normally takes 16 qualifying stays in a consecutive 12-month period). Exclusively for MVP Members. Offer valid at all U.S. Hilton®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels® and Hilton Garden Inn® hotels and at select U.S. Hilton Grand Vacations Club® locations, Hampton Inn® and Hampton Inn & Suites® hotels.
Does it mean only US hotels only (I live in Canada and do most of my stays here)? Or is it only Hilton US and Hilton Grand vacations club US BUT the rest are ok world wide?

Thanx

EDIT: I wanted to post it in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post13096371 but I made a mistake with a new post.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
For the purpose of qualification for status they count stays/nights/points in one calendar year, Jan to Dec.

So if you re-qualify for Gold right now, it will extend you all the way through this year, and next year with expiration on 03/2012. You don't need to wait till April, you can do your mattress run while you still have your Gold benefits for extra points or possible upgrades.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:39 am

Programs: US, LH, HH
The most effective point of time would be to finish the fast track in Q1 of 2011.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:09 am
zaf

Originally Posted by payam81
For the purpose of qualification for status they count stays/nights/points in one calendar year, Jan to Dec.

So if you re-qualify for Gold right now, it will extend you all the way through this year, and next year with expiration on 03/2012. You don't need to wait till April, you can do your mattress run while you still have your Gold benefits for extra points or possible upgrades.
Thank you,

I was under the impression if you qualified for a tier before 1st April of X year you will receive the qualified tier till 31st March of X+1 year. If you qualify for the tier after April of X year you receive your Tier till 31st March of X+2 year.

In other words if you did your needed stays to be a gold before 31st of March and qualified to gold before 31st march 2010 you will received a Gold VIP with an expiry date of 3/2011, but if you wait and qualify after 31st March 2010, lets say in April 2010 you finished your stay and qualified you will receive your status till 3/2012. `Isn't that true?

I am already gold and my status will expire 3/2011 so I still have over a year in it, but I wanted ti use the fast track to make it till 3/2012.

What about the hotels for this promo?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by zaf
Thank you,

I was under the impression if you qualified for a tier before 1st April of X year you will receive the qualified tier till 31st March of X+1 year. If you qualify for the tier after April of X year you receive your Tier till 31st March of X+2 year.

In other words if you did your needed stays to be a gold before 31st of March and qualified to gold before 31st march 2010 you will received a Gold VIP with an expiry date of 3/2011, but if you wait and qualify after 31st March 2010, lets say in April 2010 you finished your stay and qualified you will receive your status till 3/2012. `Isn't that true?

I am already gold and my status will expire 3/2011 so I still have over a year in it, but I wanted ti use the fast track to make it till 3/2012.

What about the hotels for this promo?
This is from HHonors:

Once the Member has reached a certain VIP tier, the Member may keep such status for the calendar year in which the VIP tier was earned and the subsequent calendar year.
Based on this wording, if you qualify at any point in a calendar year, you will get the rest of the year + the next year all the way to 03 of the following year after that.

I agree with freakazoid, you should hold off till Q1 of 2011 when your status is about to expire, unless you come close enough to re-qualify this year that warrants a mattress run. If you do it in Q1 2011 you will get all of 2011 + 2012 + up to 03/2013!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:38 pm
zaf

This is from HHonors:

Based on this wording, if you qualify at any point in a calendar year, you will get the rest of the year + the next year all the way to 03 of the following year after that.

I agree with freakazoid, you should hold off till Q1 of 2011 when your status is about to expire, unless you come close enough to re-qualify this year that warrants a mattress run. If you do it in Q1 2011 you will get all of 2011 + 2012 + up to 03/2013!
Does it have to be a US based hotel or does it work with Canadian hotels as well?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by zaf
Does it have to be a US based hotel or does it work with Canadian hotels as well?
What does? To earn qualifying stays? Generally any stay at any participating Hilton brand anywhere with approved rates should give you qualifying stay/night/points. I get more than half of my status nights from Canadian and Asian properties. I'm not sure if that would have any bearing on the fast track though.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:45 pm
zaf

What does? To earn qualifying stays? Generally any stay at any participating Hilton brand anywhere with approved rates should give you qualifying stay/night/points. I get more than half of my status nights from Canadian and Asian properties. I'm not sure if that would have any bearing on the fast track though.
This is a quote (also found in my first post) from the MVP program:

Reach Hilton HHonors® Gold VIP Status After Only 4 Stays Or 9 Nights
Being a valued member of the Hilton Family MVP program pays off. Just complete four qualifying stays or nine qualifying nights within the 90-day period of your choice and reach Gold VIP status faster than ever! (It normally takes 16 qualifying stays in a consecutive 12-month period). Exclusively for MVP Members. Offer valid at all U.S. Hilton®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels® and Hilton Garden Inn® hotels and at select U.S. Hilton Grand Vacations Club® locations, Hampton Inn® and Hampton Inn & Suites® hotels.
I understand the Hilton US is included (so I would guess other hiltons aren't), but what about Doubletree, ES and HGI? They don't have US next to them? is the first US before hilton includes all of them or is it directed only to Hilton?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by zaf
This is a quote (also found in my first post) from the MVP program:

I understand the Hilton US is included (so I would guess other hiltons aren't), but what about Doubletree, ES and HGI? They don't have US next to them? is the first US before hilton includes all of them or is it directed only to Hilton?
Oh, yea as I had thought the wording on Fast Track limits the qualifying stays only to the US properties.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
US AIRWAYS has a GOLD OFFER TOO

I saw this when on the US AIRWAYS Site...

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/proces...rred,2010,USAP

As a valued Dividend Miles Preferred member, you can enjoy automatic Silver VIP status, plus the opportunity to earn HHonors Gold VIP status after just six qualifying stays within 90 days! It normally takes 16 stays or 36 nights during a calendar year to achieve this elite level of HHonors membership. Offer is an exclusive benefit for Dividend Miles Preferred members.

Already an HHonors member? To take advantage of this offer, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care and ask for the ‘US Airways Preferred Offer’ by requesting Tier Upgrade Code USPT. Residents of the United States and Canada, call 1-800-HHONORS. Outside the U.S. and Canada call +1 (800) 449-4155 (not a Toll-Free call). Your 90-day period will begin immediately after you register.

Not an HHonors member? Click here to enroll. Your 90-day period begins when you enroll. If you would prefer to enroll via phone, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care and ask for the ‘US Airways Preferred Offer’ by requesting Origin Code USAP. Residents of the United States and Canada, call 1-800-HHONORS. Outside the U.S. and Canada call +1 (800) 449-4155 (not a Toll-Free call). Enroll Now!
Old Feb 18, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: PC Ambassador, UA , HH Gold
I just wonder if I can still have the benefit as a gold if the status is posted after check-in.

I just checked out today and had enough nights for the gold but it may take couple days while I will check in Hilton Cancun today.

Frankie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.