FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Honors Gold VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:09 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Originally Posted by payam81
For the purpose of qualification for status they count stays/nights/points in one calendar year, Jan to Dec.

So if you re-qualify for Gold right now, it will extend you all the way through this year, and next year with expiration on 03/2012. You don't need to wait till April, you can do your mattress run while you still have your Gold benefits for extra points or possible upgrades.
Thank you,

I was under the impression if you qualified for a tier before 1st April of X year you will receive the qualified tier till 31st March of X+1 year. If you qualify for the tier after April of X year you receive your Tier till 31st March of X+2 year.

In other words if you did your needed stays to be a gold before 31st of March and qualified to gold before 31st march 2010 you will received a Gold VIP with an expiry date of 3/2011, but if you wait and qualify after 31st March 2010, lets say in April 2010 you finished your stay and qualified you will receive your status till 3/2012. `Isn't that true?

I am already gold and my status will expire 3/2011 so I still have over a year in it, but I wanted ti use the fast track to make it till 3/2012.

What about the hotels for this promo?