Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Anaheim Resort - Convention Center {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aww3583
This level of service is unfortunate. The DT Suites Anaheim is my favorite hotel in this area.

Adding a guest to a reservation shouldn't/doesn't trigger a new booking or any changing prices. The promotional rate may be tied to single occupancy, but that is highly unlikely.

When you called the hotel, did you talk to the hotel? If you call and hit "1" for reservations, you'll immediately get sent to a corporate call center.

I'd stick to your guns. At check-in, present your printed confirmation to confirm the rate.

Email customer care has declined in responsiveness and helpfulness over the past few months.

As a last resort, send a message to the forum rep, HHonorsRepresentative. She has proven to be invaluable in these types of situations.
Thanks for the advice.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:10 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by aww3583
I'd stick to your guns. At check-in, present your printed confirmation to confirm the rate.
I agree with this and confirm your booked rate at check in. I booked the Honors Long Weekender at the Doubletree Sea World Orlando which was supposed to give the Sunday night at half price. Upon checking out, I noticed that we'd been charged the full rate for the Sunday night. The agent seemed a bit surprised when I mentioned the agreed rate for Sunday and I had to find the email confirmation to show him. He disappeared for a while and then came back and corrected the final invoice to show the Sunday half price rate. The Honors Weekend rate includes that special rate on Sunday night.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Noticed on my phone app that it was only showing my name on the app and not my wife's name, but the email and printed copy both show my wife's name.
did you book under your name or your wife's?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
...Noticed on my phone app that it was only showing my name on the app and not my wife's name, but the email and printed copy both show my wife's name. I called on Sunday, April 14 to the hotel and asked to put my wife's name on the reservation in case she arrived ahead of me. No other changes requested. Reservation agent said no problem, but when I got my confirmation email with the same reservation number as before, the price was now $236/night or almost double....

I don't understand why you bothered to call. The email and printed copy showed both names, so who cares if the app showed only your name? Seems like a small glitch in the app, not something worth phoning about. Everytime you "touch" a reservation, there is the opportunity for it to get messed up somehow. I think the lesson is always to "leave well enough alone."
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00
did you book under your name or your wife's?
Booked under my name and I was traveling and did not have access to my paper copy so I only looked at the phone app to confirm everything was ok.
Old May 9, 2023, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Has anyone stayed here recently? Seems most of the reports of the Hilton Anaheim arent very positive, and this seems more decent.
rfraga7 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Review June/July 2023

We did a family stay here recently, after flying back from Indonesia. Traveling by taxi from LAX, with a mountain of luggage, a big electric wheelchair, and 4 passengers was quite an adventure.

I had amassed a decent pile of points in the last 7 months through various stay promotions. I had almost enough for our 10 night stay. I had to buy 10k more, during a non-promo time. It was one of the least expensive Hilton properties within reasonable walking distance of Disneyland. They also had double queen suites available at base 50k per night. If you have a big family, the max 6 occupancy for this room helps.

Of course the paltry $30 a day for Diamonds for F & B doesn’t go far these days. Their breakfast buffet is $23 plus tax and tip, so $30 covers one person. Or just buy a smaller breakfast plate for $14, or big pancakes for $10. Then you could cover two people. The credit can be used at Biscotti coffee kiosk in the morning until 11am, or the restaurant all day.

The restaurant food was ok, but some of the evening options like spaghetti Bolognese were pretty bland. At least the portion was nice. Staff was helpful. Kids meal were only for 9 and under. Disappointing for my 10 year old.

We split our stay into 2x 5 night stays, in case the property wasn’t up to snuff. After the first 5 nights, they didn’t even credit $30 on two different days. At least they didn’t have a problem fixing it quickly.

I’d guess the hotel is understaffed. Many times, calls to the front desk went unanswered. On the front door there is a big sign saying the property is owned by a new company. Not sure if hotel branding will change. Generally the staff was good, but some things, like a dental flosser was on the floor at the front desk for multiple days.

Getting your room cleaned is an ordeal here. For a normal cleaning, they want a full day’s notice, and then if it’s on the weekend, it’s likely not happening. We had a huge amount of luggage after being in Indonesia for more than a year, so my wife likes to be in the room when it’s being cleaned. They wouldn’t allow this, so we just got fresh linen and changed our own sheets.

It’s a stark reality after coming from a similar length of stay in Indonesia. Food, service and of course, half the price. You’re definitely not in Kansas anymore!

Casa de Mexico, seen in the background, small strip mall next door.

There are decent restaurants nearby, Casa de Mexico has some good Mexican food. Further south on Harbor, Mr. Pho was quite nice for Vietnamese food. We went a few times. The shaken beef with garlic noodles were my favorite at $24. The Pho bowls are huge! I didn’t like the egg rolls much.

Mr Pho

Shaken beef with garlic noodles

Joe’s Italian Ice, just south of Mr Pho’s often had huge lines in the evening. My daughter sported a blue tongue on many days after eating her favorite dessert there.

A big Target is further down south on Harbor. About .9 of a mile, I’d guess. Decent pricing on Disney shirts. Big food section. The hotel had a small fridge and microwave in our room. A safety box was in the bedroom closet.

Overall the property was ok. They did have a pool and jacuzzi, but we were generally too tired to use it. There are two Costco locations within 6 miles. One in Garden Grove is closer. We went to the Fullerton location, as there were restaurants near it we were considering for lunch. Lyft was $11-13 each way.

There is a considerable amount of homeless people at the bus stops up and down Harbor Blvd. No problems really, but for kids I might be concerned. They never bothered me.

Lots of other restaurants nearby. Went to the Morton’s, which I thought was overrated. Ruth’s Chris next to the hotel probably would have been a better choice. If you want some superb Mexican street food, Tacos La Toxica, about 1.2 miles away from the hotel, is in a rundown strip mall, but has superb handmade blue corn tacos. Great ladies running it, and even worth a 2.4 mile round trip in my wheelchair. The beef quesadilla, blue corn tortilla, with everything on it was probably the best single Mexican food I’ve ever had. Inexpensive, too!

Disney is sure fun for kids, but if not using points, I’d probably need a second mortgage to afford it all!

My 10 year old liked California Adventure the most. I think the amount of Disney characters for meet and greets is a lot more than 20-30 years ago, which is great. Reminds me of Tokyo Disneyland 20 years ago.
IndyHoosier and LSEGallipot like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.