Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Minnesota, USA {US-MN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Minnesota, USA {US-MN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2001, 6:48 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Minnesota, USA {US-MN}

Next weekend (Fri-Sun) I'm going to be in Minneapolis with my 8 years old son. I have Gold status in HH so I would like to stay in a Hilton property. It looks like have a choice of either the Embassy Suites Minneapolis Downtown (425 South 7th Street) or the Hilton Minneapolis (1001 Marquette Avenue). Does anyone has experience with these hotels?

I'm leaning towards the ES since I know I'll have a suite and it looks like it is a walking distance to the Metrodome, the Hilton is farther away. However I have a UA 50% off hotel stay certificate that might make the stay at the Hilton less expensive. Since I'm HH gold, I'll have a free breakfast at the Hilton as well as at the ES, so that is a non factor (all I'll be "losing" is the ES touch). If anyone had similar situation, can you please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

------------------
Sagy
Old Oct 28, 2001, 1:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, HH expired!, "Good Kid Club" (Silver)
Not much help for downtown, but at the airport I prefer the Bloomington Doubletree (and then the Embassy Suites nearby) to the airport Hilton. The only downtown facility I know is the Marquette, which is pricey but nice!

Hope others give you more meaningful feedback!

-KP
Old Oct 28, 2001, 9:50 am

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
The Embassy Suites is located on S 4th.Ave and 7th.St., meanwhile, the Hilton (Hilton Minneapolis and Towers) is on Marquette Ave. and 10th.St. Both locations are not far away from each other. But then, this opinion is coming from someone who enjoys walking!
If you stay at Hilton Towers, you are closer to the shops along Nicollet Mall in downtown. Besides, you can always walk up to 5th.St and catch the bus to Metrodome. Within downtown zone (which includes the metrodome), you can ride the bus for a quarter.
Personally, I think the Hilton Towers is far superior in elegance. It's connected to other downtown buildings with the skyways too. That helps out tremendously in case it's cold outside.

Good luck figuring out which one you're going for.
Old Oct 28, 2001, 7:21 pm

Stayed there about 3 weeks ago. Went for the Marquette (a HHonors property), nice upgrate to a Suite, very friendly staff and superb accomadations. The Marquette is usually price competitive (if you shop a little) with ES or Hilton and of course has all the benefits if you are elite (upgrade, breakfast etc). This is the best of the downtown HHonors properties.
Old Oct 29, 2001, 11:44 am

I stayed at both the DoubleTree Suites and the Hilton Minneapolis this summer. These 2 are within a block of each other. The Doubletree was merely okay. The service was somewhat poor and the property had a 'weary' air to it.

The Minneapolis Hilton stay went very well, but it is a Convention hotel, connected to the convention center. So the type of crowd fluctuates with the latest group in. The rooms were fairly standard. The service was good. I was given my gold benefits automatically.

We ate at the Marquette Hilton twice, the restaurant was excellent. The public areas interesting. The location a few blocks more central. I would definitely check it out first for my next MSP visit.
Old Oct 30, 2001, 8:08 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Thanks to all, based on the above, I''' be staying one night (Fri) at the ES and one night (Sat) at the Marquette (I'll pay the extra $20 to see how good it is).

------------------
Sagy
Old Nov 1, 2001, 7:59 am

The Doubletree Suites is routinely available from both Hotwire and Priceline at $42 or less.
Old Nov 1, 2001, 11:59 am

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
There is also a Garden Inn near Mall of America. I stayed there two years ago, it was standard HGI, nice, but not spectacular (but the price was right.)
Old Nov 1, 2001, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I do a convention each March at the Minneapolis Hilton and they treat us very well. Also, there is usually a stretch Limo or two stationed outside that will take you anywhere for about $15-$20. I love that town!

P.S. Visit Bunkers on Monday night.
Old Nov 1, 2001, 12:31 pm

I stayed at the Marquette over Labor Day weekend and walked to the Twins game. Wonderful hotel and great Gold upgrade.
Old Nov 1, 2001, 7:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sagy:
Thanks to all, based on the above, I''' be staying one night (Fri) at the ES and one night (Sat) at the Marquette (I'll pay the extra $20 to see how good it is).</font>

That will be a big mistake. The Marquette is a real dump. I have not been there for a few years but will never go back. I feel that the Hilton is one of the best Hilton’s They treat me great. Last year they let me know that if I planed to stay longer I would need to move off of the executive floor. They were very sorry if it causes any problems. I found out that the Rolling Stones had the two top floors. The lounge is great. The food is great. The artwork is great.

If you like a great steak, go to Manny’s. 612-339-0201. IMHO it is the second best steak house in the US. It is on the Great Steak Houses of North America. I was bored and traveling so I went to all of the list.
Old Nov 5, 2001, 6:58 am

Hello,

My stay at the Hilton Towers was great. As a Gold, I got a room on the concierge lounge floor. The lounge was great and the staff was very attentive.
Old Dec 12, 2001, 1:02 pm

Hilton Recommendation in Minneapolis?

Hello.. My wife and I are traveling to Minneapolis later this month and would like a recommendation on which Hilton is best recommended? We prefer to stay downtown, if possible,
Thanks,
Jeff

AA PLT
Hilton Gold

------------------
AA PLT
Registered Nov. 2000
Old Dec 12, 2001, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The downtown Hilton is a fine hotel. Do a search here and you will find plenty of comments.
Old Dec 13, 2001, 7:57 am

Programs: United 1P
Avoid the Minneapolis Airport Hilton - they treat Gold / Diamond members with little to no appreciation ... just wait till they ask you to pay $$ to upgrade to the executive level or give you a blank stare when asked about access to the health club !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.