Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Iowa City/Coralville {US-IA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Iowa City/Coralville {US-IA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:26 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Arrow Hampton Inn Iowa City/Coralville {US-IA}

Stayed there 4/01 due to business. Was pleasantly surprised! Got an $89 rate for a "King Study." Which turns out to be a king bed with a large sofabed and desk in the room.

The place was spotless, and I really liked the "bed desk" (sort of a large bean bag with a hard writing surface) waiting on the bed with the TV remote and HBO schedule. Also had in-room coffee.

The bathroom was really large, well lit and had great towels.

Breakfast was the "usual suspects" but they had "unleaded, leaded, and premium coffee" (labeled as such for decaff, regular and dark roast coffee).

There was a well equipped exercise room and an indoor pool and whirlpool.

Best yet was FREE wireless in the rooms and breakfast area with a complimentary wireless bridge if you did not have wireless capabilities.

Restaurant had pretty decent food too.

It looks like I may be returning to the area again for business and I would not hesitate to stay there again.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Sounds like the typical Hampton Inn concept, well executed. I looked up Coralville in my Michelin atlas and see it is close to Iowa City and I-80. So far, I've never had a reason to stop there, but I guess it's nice to know there's a decent choice if I have to. Does Coralville have any redeeming qualities of its own?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.